Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TexExSpur said:

Malachi Nelson signs with LA based Klutch Sports Group, that kid is about to make some serious bank.

After reading that news and knowing these are old Nike execs and LeBron's childhood friend, it makes me wonder if this effectively rules out any chance of Nelson flipping to A&M.

Admittedly I have no idea if his visit to College Station was strategic on his part or if his interest is/was real, but the Ags are an Adidas school and the exact opposite of anything Los Angeles.

57 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

After reading that news and knowing these are old Nike execs and LeBron's childhood friend, it makes me wonder if this effectively rules out any chance of Nelson flipping to A&M.

Admittedly I have no idea if his visit to College Station was strategic on his part or if his interest is/was real, but the Ags are an Adidas school and the exact opposite of anything Los Angeles.

The NIL circles think he sticks with SC and he played the game.

23 minutes ago, CorrienteKid said:

Can someone explain this to me? ND and UT both have 22 commits. UT avg. is 92.20 while ND avg. is 92.78 and UT is ahead of ND? My abacus shows this does not compute.

image.png.fd410f4a918a91e2f61096492de7a83a.png

Yes, the 92.78 is the average score for that class. However, UT may have a player or two who are high 4-stars that have more points than other 4-stars, which takes our score higher than theirs. But just off the top of my head, Texas has three 5-stars and Notre Dame has one. That is probably why we have a higher cumulative score.

4 hours ago, CorrienteKid said:

That’s how I see it ETH.

The score isn't simply the players grades all added together. As the number of commits increases, player's values decrease when added to the score. Some formula they have working in the background to try to compensate to some degree for some teams having larger classes than others. Go to the class calculator and add a player and see how it affects things.

SHA is probably right, the 3 5 stars for Texas is working in our favor.

3 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

The score isn't simply the players grades all added together. As the number of commits increases, player's values decrease when added to the score. Some formula they have working in the background to try to compensate to some degree for some teams having larger classes than others. Go to the class calculator and add a player and see how it affects things.

SHA is probably right, the 3 5 stars for Texas is working in our favor.

You're correct. I don't know the exact formula, but I believe that they only count the top 20 or so in order to have  an apples to apples comparison. So they drop the players with the lowest ratings once you get above that threshold. That way all classes are only ranked by their top 20 players.