Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Austin Horn said:

I hope but unfortunately they want want the program to operate like Stanford Monday through Friday and be Alabama on Saturday. We need to drop that. 

I'm not even asking to be Bama. At this point, I just want to be competitive for conference titles.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

Not sure how they could know when they didn’t know Matthews was going to the Vols.

This was after the Matthews commitment when info started making the rounds, and my guess it had a lot to do with how Tennessee has recruited for a long time.

23 hours ago, bctex1106 said:

Well, that's a kick in the nuts. 

Recruiting is a nasty game. I hope we're willing to getting our hands dirty. 

Yes it is.  But I don’t think recruiting has been the problem since the mid / late 1980s.  

On 8/15/2022 at 2:41 PM, TFloss32 said:

Hamilton at IT saying the Texas staff was surprised, and the reporters who cover Tennessee were surprised.

Saw a quote by Matthews on 247 that Tennessee offered him as a CB. Did we only offer as a Safety?

2 hours ago, Baron said:

Saw a quote by Matthews on 247 that Tennessee offered him as a CB. Did we only offer as a Safety?

That's what he says.  IF they strung the Longhorns along like that and even lied to them the night before then I'm not losing any sleep over him.  I'm not at all disappointed in Jordan for flipping (he has every right to make his best decision), I'm very disappointed in his parents for doing it that way.  Just be an adult and tell Texas (and other schools) what you're going to do and be done with it. 

Golden opportunity missed to teach your child the proper way to deal with decisions. Maybe I'm wrong, but I certainly wouldn't let either of my kids do that.  Guess what, both of my kids had to adult up recently and tell a couple of companies that they decided to go in another direction. I was proud.  Okay, i'll get off my soap box.