Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

This is all for fun and games... This shit is not real life... But yes many days I do wake up and know it is a terrible f##king day. I work about 12 hours day with children who are in CPS care and most are girls who have had terrible things done to them so yeah most days are pretty f##king terrible... My hope everyday I can make their day just a little less awful

You're a good man, Mike.

Keep your head up. I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised. Especially as we're beating OU in a few weeks.

11 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Nope. never been happier.   But the reality is Texas football sucks right now.. Hopefully Sark is the one who finally turns us around but honestly I am not sure what that really looks like. I mean historically the data tells me this is who we're... Other than a few good years here and there this is Texas.... 

Check out the years DKR coached.

23 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Who is the elite talent on the DL we're getting?   I see good talent but not elite.   Elite talent is top 50 type guys. 

National or state top 50 guys?

Never belived you can compare players at different positions o each other. I look ar thier position rank. To me much more accurate.

Top ten at aposition is probably an elite player.

21 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

This is all for fun and games... This shit is not real life... But yes many days I do wake up and know it is a terrible f##king day. I work about 12 hours day with children who are in CPS care and most are girls who have had terrible things done to them so yeah most days are pretty f##king terrible... My hope everyday I can make their day just a little less awful

Good luck to prayers to you on that. 

On 9/21/2021 at 9:48 PM, MBHORNSFAN said:

Nope. never been happier.   But the reality is Texas football sucks right now.. Hopefully Sark is the one who finally turns us around but honestly I am not sure what that really looks like. I mean historically the data tells me this is who we're... Other than a few good years here and there this is Texas.... 

I wouldn't say we suck.  We just aren't an elite football team that can win championships.  We beat teams we should be, UL, Rice, and will have trouble against good teams Ark.  We'll see what happens these next two weeks.  If we win, we'll have more confidence going into ou.  If we lose, it'll be a long season.

In any case, you have to give Sark 4 years to get his own guys in.  The problem is how does he get his own guys in if we can't win now, which will deter the elite guys.

We aren't the only team having issues, michigan, nebraska....

On 9/22/2021 at 8:24 PM, MBHORNSFAN said:

7 in 40 years sucks as well... We haven't won since 2009.Pretty shitty..  ou going for their 7th straight.... 

I agree, its not that great. The Mack Brown years were very frustrating to me. We should have had lots of titles during that run. But it seemed we didn't start playing good until after OU during his time. Still can't forget holding out Cedric Bensen that one year.