Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Ok. Gotcha. Here's a question for all. With all the recruiting success and upgrade in coaching staff, what do you consider a successful season this year? I say minimum of 8 wins, but I feel like 9 or more to keep this class intact and keep upward momentum going.

for me, 8-4 is the floor for this season.  I don't have high expectations, but I just don't see a lot on the schedule that would be below that.  Texas has more talent than 8 teams on their schedule and is equal to 3 others.  The only team on the schedule that is significantly more talented is Alabama.  OKST is arguably less talented, but they have a great coaching staff and a veteran presence; OU and Texas are equal in talent across the board; and while I do think Texas has more talent than Baylor, the coaching there is ahead of Sark (at the moment).  

All that said, I could see Texas losing to OU, Baylor, OKST and Bama and live with it, but any other losses would be unacceptable, imo.  I could also see them beating all 3 of those teams.  So, 8-4 is the floor and would be momentum and an upward trajectory.

8 minutes ago, texbound said:

for me, 8-4 is the floor for this season.  I don't have high expectations, but I just don't see a lot on the schedule that would be below that.  Texas has more talent than 8 teams on their schedule and is equal to 3 others.  The only team on the schedule that is significantly more talented is Alabama.  OKST is arguably less talented, but they have a great coaching staff and a veteran presence; OU and Texas are equal in talent across the board; and while I do think Texas has more talent than Baylor, the coaching their is ahead of Sark (at the moment).  

All that said, I could see Texas losing to OU, Baylor, OKST and Bama and live with it, but any other losses would be unacceptable, imo.  I could also see them beating all 3 of those teams.  So, 8-4 is the floor and would be momentum and an upward trajectory.

This is Exactly my thinking also. 
I could live with 8-4 and by bowl season we are grown up and finish 9-4. 
I will still get pissed if we lose a Big 12 game because (from the part of my soul that remembers how it use to be) we have zero business losing to Blow U, OK lite, or the not even significant enough to have an alternate name Baylor bears. 

3 hours ago, texbound said:

I don't have high expectations, but I just don't see a lot on the schedule that would be below that. 

Hard to have this perspective when we can't even beat Kansas. 

As for me, the floor is 1-11 and my ceiling is 6-6 until I see otherwise. At least if we go above that, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  

This may be debbie downer territory and I dont care, but I've been burned enough and have no confidence that we walk away with a W from any game on the schedule until I see the Horns handling their business against lesser talented opponents more consistently. Im well aware of the issues we've had over the past decade....here's to hoping the real talent we're accumulating actually stick around the 40 Acres and are developed. 

As Mike always says, we suck until we don't. 

2 hours ago, Austin Horn said:

What I’m saying there is that Sark had a great offseason like the 2022 class and this class. Getting Arch and guys from the portal. Bringing in Choice and Marion. Add Gary Patternson. Sark got a lot breaks but can it translate to wins and can he close games?

I’m sorry, I wouldn’t call those “breaks”, but rather “working hard, making the right coaching hire decisions”. All those things you listed happened because Sark made them happen or the people he hired made them happen. 
Does it need to transition into victories, you bet, and we’ll see. But he is putting the team in a much better position to be better and rack up some wins then the previous regimes. It’s now on him to be successful with his hard work and hires. 

36 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

As for me, the floor is 1-11 and my ceiling is 6-6 until I see otherwise. At least if we go above that, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  

This may be debbie downer territory and I dont care, but I've been burned enough and have no confidence that we walk away with a W from any game until I see the Horns handling their business against lesser talented opponents more consistently. Im well aware of the issues we've had over  the past decade....here's to hoping the real talent we're accumulating actually stick around the 40 Acres and are developed. 

This was not a downer for me. I understand your thoughts here. But of course, I don't agree.

Ya see, I just had a KEG of burnt orange kool-aid. Before I finished it, I had established an IV from the keg to my arm.

11-1 with Bama being the only loss. And we stay within 10 pts of Bama.

There's just a little kool aid left if you want some! lol

Might beware of T T they have improved in about everthing.

11-1 hope so but ainjury to a key off. player and all could go south. Like Casey getting hurt. If he had stayed healthy Horns win 4-5 more games

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

This was not a downer for me. I understand your thoughts here. But of course, I don't agree.

Ya see, I just had a KEG of burnt orange kool-aid. Before I finished it, I had established an IV from the keg to my arm.

11-1 with Bama being the only loss. And we stay within 10 pts of Bama.

There's just a little kool aid left if you want some! lol

😂

Maybe after we start 1-0, lol. 

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Might beware of T T they have improved in about everthing.

11-1 hope so but ainjury to a key off. player and all could go south. Like Casey getting hurt. If he had stayed healthy Horns win 4-5 more games

Tech goes 5-7 to 6-6 same for TCU

2 hours ago, bctex1106 said:

This may be debbie downer territory and I dont care, but I've been burned enough and have no confidence that we walk away with a W from any game until I see the Horns handling their business against lesser talented opponents more consistently. Im well aware of the issues we've had over  the past decade....here's to hoping the real talent we're accumulating actually stick around the 40 Acres and are developed. 

You almost drew me offsides.  I was picking up my phone to accuse you of being an troll.... but as I finished reading your post, it actually seemed reasonable.  Carry on friend. 

18 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

You almost drew me offsides.  I was picking up my phone to accuse you of being an troll.... but as I finished reading your post, it actually seemed reasonable.  Carry on friend. 

Definitely not a troll, lol. Just a diehard fan who's tired of seeing the turnover shitshow and now operating under the "I'll believe it when I see it" philosophy. haha.

The Kansas L was my breaking point. Hoping for a change in the right direction this fall, though.

2 hours ago, bctex1106 said:

This may be debbie downer territory and I dont care, but I've been burned enough and have no confidence that we walk away with a W from any game on the schedule until I see the Horns handling their business against lesser talented opponents more consistently. Im well aware of the issues we've had over the past decade....here's to hoping the real talent we're accumulating actually stick around the 40 Acres and are developed. 

You’re not a Debbie downer. I hear you and I agree on that last part. 

17 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

Definitely not a troll, lol. Just a diehard fan who's tired of seeing the turnover shitshow and now operating under the "I'll believe it when I see it" philosophy. haha.

The Kansas L was my breaking point. Hoping for a change in the right direction this fall, though.

It’s about what have you done for me lately 

7 hours ago, texbound said:

for me, 8-4 is the floor for this season.  I don't have high expectations, but I just don't see a lot on the schedule that would be below that.  Texas has more talent than 8 teams on their schedule and is equal to 3 others.  The only team on the schedule that is significantly more talented is Alabama.  OKST is arguably less talented, but they have a great coaching staff and a veteran presence; OU and Texas are equal in talent across the board; and while I do think Texas has more talent than Baylor, the coaching there is ahead of Sark (at the moment).  

Tex nailed it. 

3 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

Any chance we can get this " recruiting" forum back to recruiting? 😀

Just as soon as wewin a few games.

Some say e need more top 50 or top 100. 

DCTF top 100 commitments so for. Texas 13 suprise Baylor 11, TCU 9  OU and A$M 6 each.

Clemson and N D 3 each Ohio St. 1 so the gap is closing at least for Texas H S. players.

48 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Just as soon as wewin a few games.

Some say e need more top 50 or top 100. 

DCTF top 100 commitments so for. Texas 13 suprise Baylor 11, TCU 9  OU and A$M 6 each.

Clemson and N D 3 each Ohio St. 1 so the gap is closing at least for Texas H S. players.

We're talking about on a national basis. 

The teams who compete for the playoffs and national championships have something in common. They sign the most top 50, top 100, and top 200 players. Sark has made some progress in his first 2 years with this but there is still considerable ground to make up.