Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

1 hour ago, TexExSpur said:

This is deeper than some cancel culture BS.  He wanted out.

He either wanted out or one of his “bosses” wanted him out. 
I despise everything about BlowU but I read Joe Mixon’s letter addressing the issue and I respect him taking up for his Coach. 
There is an agenda at play by someone. A person doesn’t resign over reading something out loud that someone else wrote and the head coach doesn’t jump on board with the decision if he wants the coach in the program. 

• Administrators

Another interesting trip that IT made today was to Arlington Martin to speak with CB Javien Toviano.

He mentioned his decision is coming soon since he wants to commit before his senior season, he loves the Texas players and the "home" feel of the program, continues to build relationships with Sark and staff and is in regular communication with his former teammates who are now Longhorns (LB Trevell Johnson and S Morice Blackwell).

IT added they'd be shocked if he wasn't in Austin for the Alabama game.

https://247sports.com/player/javien-toviano-46103147/

• Administrators
Just now, TFloss32 said:

Another interesting trip that IT made today was to Arlington Martin to speak with CB Javien Toviano.

He mentioned his decision is coming soon since he wants to commit before his senior season, he loves the Texas players and the "home" feel of the program, continues to build relationships with Sark and staff and is in regular communication with his former teammates who are now Longhorns (LB Trevell Johnson and S Morice Blackwell).

IT added they'd be shocked if he wasn't in Austin for the Alabama game.

https://247sports.com/player/javien-toviano-46103147/

A reminder that his first game is against Lake Travis on the 25th, a possible commitment date since that game is on ESPN.

1 minute ago, texbound said:

If he is referring to Baxter on the 10th, not sure it will turn a lot of heads.  Great pickup for sure, but will not be a shock or head turner.

Now, if Baxter doesn't pick Texas on the 10th then that will be a head turner (shutters)

I keep hearing that Toviano might pop at any moment. I wonder if it's him. Baxter is scheduled for Wednesday, so would have to be pretty soon.

30 minutes ago, texbound said:

Pettaway?

Surely it wouldn't happen that fast would it?

Seems like there has to be more to the Gundy resignation then has been announced.  So who knows but maybe whatever led up to this had Pettaway looking to jump ship.