Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

The chatter going around is that Toviano might pull the trigger for the good guys tomorrow.  

Awesome, but im not getting excited about another DB class again.  Last time I got fooled with Green, Cook, Foster, Sterns and Overshown.  Cook and Overshown still have a chance to prove something, but they're at different positions now.  So, I'm going to hold off on saying this is best DB haul I can recall.  

66e09408f2886c1c930631f1d849d6be--cops-film-eddie-murphy.jpg.2d680a92a6575ec41b797e05e43d487d.jpg

11 minutes ago, texbound said:

The chatter going around is that Toviano might pull the trigger for the good guys tomorrow.  

Awesome, but im not getting excited about another DB class again.  Last time I got fooled with Green, Cook, Foster, Sterns and Overshown.  Cook and Overshown still have a chance to prove something, but they're at different positions now.  So, I'm going to hold off on saying this is best DB haul I can recall.  

Thats fine. I'll get excited for you. lol

4 hours ago, texbound said:

66e09408f2886c1c930631f1d849d6be--cops-film-eddie-murphy.jpg.2d680a92a6575ec41b797e05e43d487d.jpg

Sterns is in the NFL. Overshown, Cook, and Jamison (also from the same class) are all starters this year and by all accounts are expected to excel. Green and Foster are gone for good reason. I think the jury has not reached a verdict yet, on whether that class is dub material.

Just now, CorrienteKid said:

Sterns is in the NFL. Overshown, Cook, and Jamison (also from the same class) are all starters this year and by all accounts are expected to excel. Green and Foster are gone for good reason. I think the jury has not reached a verdict yet, on whether that class is dub material.

DBU, sorry. Too many beers

5 hours ago, CorrienteKid said:

That's fair, but I'm just stating that I'm not getting too excited about this DB class like I did back then.  I absolutely love the potential of this incoming class, but I'm taking a wait and see approach. 

I never said that previous class was horrible.  I just don't think that as a collective unit they approached the elite status for a DBU class. It's totally on the previous coaching staff.

12 hours ago, texbound said:

I called it when it happened. An embarrassment of riches. It never works out well.

14 minutes ago, Coot said:

Hope that's not true of this apparently awesome O-line class that coming in.

I feel much more confident in this coaching staff, especially Flood, maximizing the talent and developing them up to their potential.  If this were the last couple of staffs then I would be there with you.

15 hours ago, texbound said:

That would be awesome. Pulling the trigger for Texas is a good enough rumor but having it done sooner rather than later is icing on the cake.

He is a guy with a clear committment date set, 8/25, prior to his season opener so he would be moving off his planned timeline. Some guys end up oddly stubborn with their planned date but I don't think it is of much significance to Toviano (compared to Baxter who picked a date to honor a best friend who has passed).

14 hours ago, CorrienteKid said:

I agree with Texbound. That was dubbed the best DB class ever.  Making a case that they haven’t underperformed is a tough sell.  Take last year for example....

14 hours ago, CorrienteKid said:

Foster was not same player as comin out. He tore  shoulder up probably played when shouldn't. 

For as long as I can remember TX recruits on average have not lived up to there recruiting rankings. When we hired Strong we thought that would change. When we hired Herman we thought that would change. Now with Sark we think that will change.

There are differences and I really believe in this staff and there ability to develop the talent they are recruiting, but only time will tell.

2 hours ago, dssl said:

For as long as I can remember TX recruits on average have not lived up to there recruiting rankings. When we hired Strong we thought that would change. When we hired Herman we thought that would change. Now with Sark we think that will change.

There are differences and I really believe in this staff and there ability to develop the talent they are recruiting, but only time will tell.

Our rankings were high because we were able to get a 5-star and some steady 4-stars – but seldom in our positions of need.

The OL recruiting under Strong and Herman was atrocious.

That is, to me, the major difference. Sark seems to recruit needs and the OL recruiting has done a 360.