Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

21 hours ago, Billybass said:

Let’s not forget that we have TWO generational quarterbacks and the best Oline haul in longhorn history. And the best running back in the nation. And a set of receivers that is damn good. 
last year our offense sucked in the second half of almost every game we lost.  If they can score, the defense will look a lot better. 
The league rules are set up for the offense. In this league, you gotta score. And we will score a lot more in the future. It might take a year or two, but we will see flashes of brilliance soon

Both unproven at the college level.  One isn't even on campus yet.  I hope they turn out the way we all want them to.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Maybe because 1983 defense held Georgia to 10 points. Presrnt ( last years) defense held mighty Kansas to 50+.

But remember different rules have allowed for offenses that wouldn’t have worked under the old rules.  If you can mug the receivers, spread offenses don’t work. 

Poster on SurlyHorns posted this info about Shelby:

A little inside trader info. Shelby is saying all the right things but behind the scenes things are a little more hectic. Older brother got signed with the Chargers. Little Sister is a two sport phenom as well. Parents are running all over the place trying to keep up. Dad goes with son. Mom goes with daughter whether its AAU basketball or club volleyball. Little sister has 4 more years of high school so Shelby picking somewhere close would be helpful in them keeping up despite what he is saying in the article. However, when he took his USC visit they asked him to bring the entire fam. Then the vball and bball coaches pulled little sister aside and told her they would give her a dual at USC. They can't officially talk to her due to her age but thats how it went down. So now you know why USC is a heavy lean. Despite that we still may get him. He announces on Sat at 1pm.

2 hours ago, satam55 said:

Poster on SurlyHorns posted this info about Shelby:

A little inside trader info. Shelby is saying all the right things but behind the scenes things are a little more hectic. Older brother got signed with the Chargers. Little Sister is a two sport phenom as well. Parents are running all over the place trying to keep up. Dad goes with son. Mom goes with daughter whether its AAU basketball or club volleyball. Little sister has 4 more years of high school so Shelby picking somewhere close would be helpful in them keeping up despite what he is saying in the article. However, when he took his USC visit they asked him to bring the entire fam. Then the vball and bball coaches pulled little sister aside and told her they would give her a dual at USC. They can't officially talk to her due to her age but thats how it went down. So now you know why USC is a heavy lean. Despite that we still may get him. He announces on Sat at 1pm.

I honestly don't care whether he signs with Texas or USC, but being a parent I would be a tad cautious dealing with a program doing business like that.  If that is true about the sister being pulled aside, I would be pissed from a parent pov. Also, the likelihood of either of those coaches being around in 4 years, especially ones that do that, is 50/50 at best.  Furthermore, If the sister is that good right now, then she will have her pick of programs in the future. Let her have that time.

As I said, I honestly don't care what he does, but information like that (IF TRUE) pisses me off.  My daughter was a track athlete and we had our share of shady coaches and used car salesmen. I felt dirty after some visits.  Nothing being offered like money, but just the character of people we dealt with.  

All that being said, the above post is likely partially true at best.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, texbound said:

Hoping the question was "what is your confidence on him committing to Texas?"

2 minutes ago, HORNS GUY said:

I'm pretty sure that's what it was

Everything this week on Gullette has been positive.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:06 PM, UTfish said:

After watching this video, I'm a believer. Came across as a down to earth kid and his reason for choosing Texas seems legit. Also liked the support from his nice looking mom, who looks like she could be pushing 6' 5".

Big TEXAS welcome to the Kirklands. Hook'em!!!

I love PK and his Mom. They are not only down to earth, but they seem to have their priorities in order.  The leadership comment was outstanding. 

PK is obviously bright and well-spoken.  He is a tremendous addition to the ‘23 class.

Hook’em!

10 hours ago, java said:

I love PK and his Mom. They are not only down to earth, but they seem to have their priorities in order.  The leadership comment was outstanding. 

PK is obviously bright and well-spoken.  He is a tremendous addition to the ‘23 class.

Hook’em!

Lol... For a second I was thinking you were talking about PK the defensive coordinator. I was wondering why his Mom was at practice ? 🤦‍♂️