Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They currently sit in 42nd place in the rankings. This was what it took to save their recruiting class.

Pains e to say it as I ha  dislike A$M almost as bad as landthives.

Aggie has ahigher per player than Texas 93.54 to 91.82. When they buy Hicks from Outhey will rise to 20 or so. Only have 9 commits.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

That is Georgia defense elite. 

If they can fix their offense they are going to be a problem. Their defense is going to be elite in a few years. It pained me to say this but it’s telling it like it is. 

We don’t need to worry about the sheep herders. 

We need to stay after the guys we want, “committed” or not. 

Show, on the field, we are on the rise. 

Sign the guys that will make our program elite. 

If I had to chose between being the best recruiting team and being the best football team I’m taking option 2. 

We’ve been one of the top recruiting teams for a while and it hasn’t moved the needle on the field. Winning games is ALL that matters. 

59 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

We don’t need to worry about the sheep herders. 

We need to stay after the guys we want, “committed” or not. 

Show, on the field, we are on the rise. 

If I had to chose between being the best recruiting team and being the best football team I’m taking option 2. 

We’ve been one of the top recruiting teams for a while and it hasn’t moved the needle on the field. Winning games is ALL that matters. 

The guys that will make our program elite are also the best and highest ranked recruits. Over course of time, the best football teams also recruit the best. See Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Clemson. 

11 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

The guys that will make our program elite are also the best and highest ranked recruits. Over course of time, the best football teams also recruit the best. See Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Clemson. 

Yes, but you're not going to get a class full of top 100 guys until you develop the players you recruit and show results on the field and on draft day. I'm feeling better about this staff's ability to do that more than I did with previous staffs.. Time will tell, but can't expect a class full of 5 stars until you prove that you can develop and win with the players you have now.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not if they don't get paid. And that seems to be an issue right now. Hello portal.

I wonder if aggy needs to continue to pay them to keep them on roster. There are mercenaries on that roster. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Austin Horn said:

It’s tough to recruit the defense because last year texas had one of the worst statistical defense in school history. I don’t recall Diaz, Bedford, and Orlando having a defense that bad. 

Huge year for PK, to say the least.

13 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not if they don't get paid. And that seems to be an issue right now. Hello portal.

The only people mentioning it is an issue is Texas fans. Not one credible source has said anything... Regardless they are recruiting defense at a high level.  I would love to have at least 10 of their defensive guys.   Their roster on defense is better then ours. 

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Not one credible source has said anything... 

IT has mentioned it plenty of times, even as recently as this weekend about how Denver didn't even want to visit College Station last-minute with his brother.

17 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

If they get their qb situation figured out, unfortunately they will be better than that.

Max Johnson is a left-handed Calzada and King is one hit away from snapping a bone.  Factor in Jimbo's dinosaur offense and they will be limited.  They are also playing much better teams this year than last.