Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

27 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Well I guess the good news is there is no buzz of him committing to them. 

Post from Texags mod wasn't the usual sunshine pumping when they think they are getting someone. 

4 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Appears to be Oklahoma, but not expecting Texas regardless.

Crazy to think Texas is likely third in this race.

If we also miss out on Shelby I'm not sure where we go?  Hard to believe we probably will lose Shelby to freaking USC.  I don't think anyone has a clue with Akana and Damon Wilson is a pipe dream.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Slimer said:

If we also miss out on Shelby I'm not sure where we go?  Hard to believe we probably will lose Shelby to freaking USC.  I don't think anyone has a clue with Akana and Damon Wilson is a pipe dream.

I think re-visiting Williams from Louisiana will need to happen but he's trending Auburn, so not sure where they go other than the two you mentioned.

A few days ago I thought Collins was an option, but IT said the staff apparently views him as a future interior guy.

https://247sports.com/player/ashley-williams-46130521/

https://247sports.com/player/taderius-collins-46130935/

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Appears to be Oklahoma, but not expecting Texas regardless.

Crazy to think Texas is likely third in this race.

Hamilton at IT is saying Oklahoma.

8 hours ago, Austin Horn said:

Disappointing weekend can’t sugar coat it. It’s early but this isn’t good. It’s hard to recruit defensive recruits because the defense was bad in all categories last year. I’m excited about the offensive side but the defense worries me. 

I don't think a pool party is a decision-maker event. Its used to build some camaraderie and familiarity among the recruits and staff in a very casual setting.

I'm not real disappointed. I'll just wait to see how these scheduled announcements play out.

27 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Rumors are going around that aggy put $1.3 mil on the table for Hill. They said he could have it if he committed over the weekend.

This really isn’t a surprise. Hill has been leaning towards Aggie forever. We weren’t going to outbid for his services because Aggie HAD to have him in their class. Hill and Hicks were a must to save their recruiting and no one is going to outbid for those two.

8 minutes ago, CorrienteKid said:

This really isn’t a surprise. Hill has been leaning towards Aggie forever. We weren’t going to outbid for his services because Aggie HAD to have him in their class. Hill and Hicks were a must to save their recruiting and no one is going to outbid for those two.

I think when he arrived in College Station, he was leaning Texas. I think that's why the figure got as high as it did.

53 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Rumors are going around that aggy put $1.3 mil on the table for Hill. They said he could have it if he committed over the weekend.

I admire their efforts to do what it takes to win big. 

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I admire their efforts to do what it takes to win big. 

But isn't it against the rules for Aggy to offer any money at all?  Surely the NCAA will be looking into this.......what, they won't.

3 minutes ago, texbound said:

But isn't it against the rules for Aggy to offer any money at all?  Surely the NCAA will be looking into this.......what, they won't.

The spotlight was pretty much trained on aggy with their last class. The Saban-Fisher fiasco brought it to a head. So aggy has laid low as a result. Now, they can't. But its really a little late in the game for them.

And you just know aggy will find a way to F this up.

16 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The spotlight was pretty much trained on aggy with their last class. The Saban-Fisher fiasco brought it to a head. So aggy has laid low as a result. Now, they can't. But its really a little late in the game for them.

And you just know aggy will find a way to F this up.

True!

IF the rumor is true then someone needs to nail their asses to the wall.  Waiting for the next video from a recruit that shows the shady practice.  I know some will say that Texas does it as well, but it seems to me that Texas is putting legitimate NIL dealings together that abide by state and NCAA regulations. At least that is what the outward appearance looks like.

I know I have orange colored glasses, but that is what it seems like to me.

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They currently sit in 42nd place in the rankings. This was what it took to save their recruiting class.

Their defense in the next few years could have 8-10 5 stars starting. That is elite.