Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

Are you referring to his Crystal Ball prediction or something more recent. He made that CB pick on 5/13. Things have changed drastically since that time with Hill, especially with the Arch Manning commitment. 

He's referring to some tweets Fong sent out in advance of Anthony Hill's visit to aggy. I don't think he has good intel on this one.

10 hours ago, satam55 said:

LOL. By that logic, UT shouldn't bother recruiting senior season late bloomers because most of them that are takes won't be ranked high enough for you. And it's not even debatable. 

All I can tell you is that the numbers clearly tell us that teams that contend year and year out for the playoffs and national championships are using that logic. 

TFB put up some percentages for recruits who will be visiting this weekend or are still after.

5-Star LB Anthony Hill – 60%

5-Star CB Javien Toviano – 50%

5-Star TE Duce Robinson – 25%

5-Star DL DJ Hicks Jr. – 25%

4-Star RB Cedric Baxter – 80%

4-Star WR Jalen Hale – 70%

4-Star CB Jordan Matthews – 65%

4-Star DE Braylan Shelby – 33%

4-Star DL Hunter Osborne – 15%

4-Star DL Tausili Akana – 40%

4-Star DE Colton Vasek – 35%

4-star LB Guillette – 65%

From CTJ on another site:

"1) If things go right, Toviano and Matthews sign with Texas and round out the DB class. 

2) That means there wouldn't be room at the inn for flips on the db side.

3) Toviano is a wild card for the weekend. He might wind up at the bbq and the aggie swimming sword fight. Might go to neither.

4) They're still trying to find as many big bodies for the DL as they can. It doesn't sound like there's really a limit for those spots. If they can get Deal, Brown, the Florida guys, Hicks, Vasek, Akana, Shelby, Gullette ... it would be interesting to see if that created a limit. They've never fully pushed for Vasek, so I guess there's some limit hypothetically. That said, they're highly unlikely to get many of those guys.

5) Hicks could go anywhere over the next few days, but he's choosing to go to Oklahoma. The depth chart is ugly for him at ATM and the scheme, as far as he and his dad can tell, is ugly for them at Texas. There's a significant contributor to Hicks' ultimate decision that favors Texas big time, so I guess it's good that this will drag out and that person can keep talking. Especially if Texas has a strong year.

6) Shelby is USC bound barring the parents putting their foot down about distance. 

7) How hard is Bama going to push Hale this weekend? No one knows."

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

From CTJ on another site:

"1) If things go right, Toviano and Matthews sign with Texas and round out the DB class. 

2) That means there wouldn't be room at the inn for flips on the db side.

3) Toviano is a wild card for the weekend. He might wind up at the bbq and the aggie swimming sword fight. Might go to neither.

4) They're still trying to find as many big bodies for the DL as they can. It doesn't sound like there's really a limit for those spots. If they can get Deal, Brown, the Florida guys, Hicks, Vasek, Akana, Shelby, Gullette ... it would be interesting to see if that created a limit. They've never fully pushed for Vasek, so I guess there's some limit hypothetically. That said, they're highly unlikely to get many of those guys.

5) Hicks could go anywhere over the next few days, but he's choosing to go to Oklahoma. The depth chart is ugly for him at ATM and the scheme, as far as he and his dad can tell, is ugly for them at Texas. There's a significant contributor to Hicks' ultimate decision that favors Texas big time, so I guess it's good that this will drag out and that person can keep talking. Especially if Texas has a strong year.

6) Shelby is USC bound barring the parents putting their foot down about distance. 

7) How hard is Bama going to push Hale this weekend? No one knows."

We feeling pretty good about the 60% for Hill?

29 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

close to jumping?....Sha?

close to jumping is supposedly an insider who posts on the Surly Horns website. I don't have a clue if is he really an insider but I do know that Surly Horns may be the worst site ever as far as a Texas football site. And I'm probably giving them the benefit of the doubt when I say that. 

19 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

If you want to win big rankings matter. Bama, Georgia, Ohio Stste and Clemson are not winning championships with low ranked players. 

Not arguing that having highly ranked recruiting classes is super important,  but did the chicken come before the egg? And was Rome built in a day?

Considering our record last year our 2022 recruiting class so far is awesome. It's true that we are unlikely to end up at #1, but if things go well this season we likely end up with another top 5 class. 

Only time will tell, but given this staff and the built in advantages we enjoy we could end up with some top recruiting classes in the coming years. 

4 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

I think if we win on field we will finish 4th, if we upset Bama we could sneak up to 3.

I agree, I think we end up anywhere between 3-6 if we have some success on the field in the fall. It’s pure nonsense these articles, posters and Cook referencing potential #1 class. 

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

close to jumping is supposedly an insider who posts on the Surly Horns website. I don't have a clue if is he really an insider but I do know that Surly Horns may be the worst site ever as far as a Texas football site. And I'm probably giving them the benefit of the doubt when I say that. 

CTJ is on several sites. FYI. And yes, he is tuned in.