Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Texas really needs to focus on players ranked inside the top 200 at this point. We have more than enough players ranked outside the top 200 and too many ranked outside the top 300. 

NTG....I think you are among the football smartest posters on here and I get what you are saying.....but I dont give a rats a** what anyone is ranked....I just want them to be big, fast, hungry and talented....mean as hell doesnt hurt either....

I’m probably over simplifying because I’m simple but an “edge” seems to be a new name for “tweenner”.

Not big enough to take on the hogs and not fast or nimble enough to play coverage. 

You can go to almost any Friday night HS game in Texas and find 6’3 215 lb kids who fly around the field like a piss rocket. 

Let’s just grab a few of them, slap about 30 lbs of muscle on them and call it a day. 

11 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

NTG....I think you are among the football smartest posters on here and I get what you are saying.....but I dont give a rats a** what anyone is ranked....I just want them to be big, fast, hungry and talented....mean as hell doesnt hurt either....

"NTG....I think you are among the football smartest posters on here"

You must have me confused with someone else on here 🙂

Seriously, I hear ya. But I have done a little of study into Alabama recruiting since I consider them at the top when it comes to recruiting. And they load up on top 100 players, then top 200 players, and then top 300 players. In the last 2 years, they have taken 51 players and 45 of them have been in the top 300, 38 in the top 200, and 33 in the top 100. Just for reference, we have taken only 24 top 100 players in the past 5 years!

We are nowhere close to those numbers. Not even with last year's class and this year's class combined. It's going to take another year or two, but it's imperative we get much, much closer if we are ever going to compete for the playoffs and national championships. 

49 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Just to keep it in perspective, he only dropped one spot 😉

Well, that's not really the perspective he's trying to inform us of. What he's saying is ESPN is up to shenanigans again. This is their "hey look at me" moment this off season. 

What is happening is ESPN is trying to punish Manning for not going to the camps. And ESPN is looking a little foolish because of it right now. Nothing has happened at all that would elevate or separate anyone from anyone, except personal/corporate motivation.

49 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, that's not really the perspective he's trying to inform us of. What he's saying is ESPN is up to shenanigans again. This is their "hey look at me" moment this off season. 

What is happening is ESPN is trying to punish Manning for not going to the camps. And ESPN is looking a little foolish because of it right now. Nothing has happened at all that would elevate or separate anyone from anyone, except personal/corporate motivation.

ESPN can kiss my (___!___).

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

This. Plus they are full on contradictions. They have a relationship with the Mannings, so doesn't benefit them from that perspective. They have a relationship with Texas via the LHN, so doesn't benefit them there either.

So, only conclusion is to get attention by being different. Arch has a perfect rating, so how do you beat that? Doesn't compute.

Then there's the question, would he have dropped had he commited to Georgia?

Again, no big deal. The momentum is real. Just espn doing espn things.

40 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

This. Plus they are full on contradictions. They have a relationship with the Mannings, so doesn't benefit them from that perspective. They have a relationship with Texas via the LHN, so doesn't benefit them there either.

So, only conclusion is to get attention by being different. Arch has a perfect rating, so how do you beat that? Doesn't compute.

Then there's the question, would he have dropped had he commited to Georgia?

Again, no big deal. The momentum is real. Just espn doing espn things.

Their recruiting division at ESPN is in dire straits I hear. Probably needed the clicks.

All this talk of Texas commits dropping in the recruiting rankings this time of the year seems about as meaningful as pre season and early season bowl projections. 

The juxtaposition of what is happening now vs the perspective from years ago that Texas commits got an unfair boost after agreeing to play for Texas seems amusing.  Maybe it's true,  maybe not but the commits are who they are, and a change in recruiting ratings has no effect. Maybe being down graded will give them a little extra motivation, if so this is actually a good thing.

38 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think Blake Munroe used to be at IT. Interesting post from him today.

image.thumb.png.5ae7762d88ab7bb8ba444147f9b24acc.png

3 things I want from this upcoming season (this is recruiting related):

1. Texas is competitive with Alabama;

2. Alabama wipes the floor with atm;

3. Texas beats OU.

Do those 3 things and the rest will fall into place, including finishing out the class (which Hill be in)

4 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Texas really needs to focus on players ranked inside the top 200 at this point. We have more than enough players ranked outside the top 200 and too many ranked outside the top 300. 

LOL. By that logic, UT shouldn't bother recruiting senior season late bloomers because most of them that are takes won't be ranked high enough for you.

3 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

I’m probably over simplifying because I’m simple but an “edge” seems to be a new name for “tweenner”.

Not big enough to take on the hogs and not fast or nimble enough to play coverage. 

You can go to almost any Friday night HS game in Texas and find 6’3 215 lb kids who fly around the field like a piss rocket. 

Let’s just grab a few of them, slap about 30 lbs of muscle on them and call it a day. 

Nope. It's just a generic umbrella term for DEs in 4-DL defenses & 3-4/2-4-5 OLBs. Notice that both 247 & on3 uses the term "Edge" instead of DE or OLB* (*if they're not a off-the-ball LB).

1 hour ago, Austin Horn said:

Fong says aggy

Are you referring to his Crystal Ball prediction or something more recent. He made that CB pick on 5/13. Things have changed drastically since that time with Hill, especially with the Arch Manning commitment. 

5 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

If you want to win big rankings matter. Bama, Georgia, Ohio Stste and Clemson are not winning championships with low ranked players.