Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think you can take Shelby and Hicks off that list. Ain't happening. Hope I'm wrong though.

I hope you are too. I'll keep em on until we hear different though.

5 hours ago, hornsfan80 said:

The other names that I am keeping an eye on are Damon Wilson, Jordan Hall, Markis Deal and Jamarious Brown.  I can't remember which insider mentioned them, but they came up in the last week as potential others to keep an eye on.  I don't know if that warrants putting them on your tracker.  

I'd put these names on the periphery, certainly a lot more guys than I listed that are still options but trying to focus on the major ones.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I read where Shelby could be announcing soon and its probably going to be USC.

I'm still choking on the idea that Kirkland would choose UT without having visited here.

The other commits keep implying there is another commit out there. TFB has said the same. Since Hale is all Horns and has set a date, Baxter will announce in 19 days, by process of elimination I have to think this commit who hasn't gone public is probably Anthony Hill or Derion Guillette.

Remember the tweet – "You know who you are"

I think you can take Shelby and Hicks off that list. Ain't happening. Hope I'm wrong though.

I saw Sheby's video and he seemed to be leaning to usc. We'll see, but I'm thinking we will lose out on that one. Regarding Hicks, I still think a good season on the field and we're a player in his recruitment. A bad season by aggy wouldn't hurt. He's  a long shot, but he's committing late, so there's time.

4 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I saw Sheby's video and he seemed to be leaning to usc. We'll see, but I'm thinking we will lose out on that one. Regarding Hicks, I still think a good season on the field and we're a player in his recruitment. A bad season by aggy wouldn't hurt. He's  a long shot, but he's committing late, so there's time.

Hicks will struggle to get playing time at aggy 

20 minutes ago, Austin Horn said:

They have plenty of DT 

For now. Speculation has been there may be an exodus of some of their studs from last year due to potential broken promises. Will be interesting to see how things shake out.

15 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

After reading 24/7 updated top 300 or so list,and seeing how Texas's commits and targets droped  It made me wonderhowone can update at this time ofyear. 

No practice or games just 7/7 not much football in a sense. Maybe just click bait. Any way if you want to dropin rankings commit to Horns 5* to a 4* and so forth.

The scouts at the ranking services have had a ton of info recently. The summer they go to all of these camps and get verified numbers and witness the top guys go up against top guys. 7 o 7s are valuable for evaluations as well.

At these camps you get verified measurements on height, weight, 40yd, vertical, etc. A kid can put out his hudl video saying he is 6'3" and 245lb been then show up at camp and is only 6'0" 210. That will drop him. 

Another good example are small school guys like D'marvion Overshown and Derrion Gullette. Hard to judge their HS film going against 2A level kids. But when they look just as dominant at a camp against other 4 stars then you have to take notice.

These camps UA, Nike, Adidas, Elite 11, etc are great at showing the best vs best all in one spot. Scouts love it. Yes there aren't pads and a real game but it is valuable. That is the biggest reason you see people move up and down.

I can see QBS, WRS, and DBS beeing helped in ratings by 7/7 but thats not real football.

Guess I am stuck in boondocks because I was not aware of camps going at presenttime.The ratings are just to raise fan intrest and make money.

Was mostly corcened about Texas recruits droping in ratings.

1 hour ago, Basis Points said:

Thanks for deciphering TFloss!!!  I definitely would not have figured that one out!

=10? Any significance to the number 10? Or is he just putting his number along with Guillete and Hill?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

=10? Any significance to the number 10? Or is he just putting his number along with Guillete and Hill?

I think he was just saying those numbers equal the three of them playing at Texas together. 

5 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I can see QBS, WRS, and DBS beeing helped in ratings by 7/7 but thats not real football.

Guess I am stuck in boondocks because I was not aware of camps going at presenttime.The ratings are just to raise fan intrest and make money.

Was mostly corcened about Texas recruits droping in ratings.

Is there any way to see what recruits previous ratings were?