Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

13 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

We've been hearing "Texas on the Map", "Texas is building something", blah blah blah.  I hope it's true this time.  Over a decade of mediocrity...

This decade we keep hearing this dude is a savior and he is gonna be a difference maker. It could be from Jordan Hicks, Jackson Jeffcoat, Malik Jefferson, Sterns, and Foster. We keep hearing about it and nothings changed. We continue to fail to meet expectations. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Austin Horn said:

This decade we keep hearing this dude is a savior and he is gonna be a difference maker. It could be from Jordan Hicks, Jackson Jeffcoat, Malik Jefferson, Sterns, and Foster. We keep hearing about it and nothings changed. We continue to fail to meet expectations. 

negative_waves-jpg.82326

But this year will be different. 🤘

Ya gotta believe. What you don't believe in Santa anymore!?! 🙄

41 minutes ago, hookemhorb said:

negative_waves-jpg.82326

But this year will be different. 🤘

Ya gotta believe. What you don't believe in Santa anymore!?! 🙄

I’m not trying to be negative. It pained me to say that. I hope things will change. 

2 hours ago, Austin Horn said:

Agree, but the problem with that scenario that repeated so many times was that it was always 1 or 2 studs.

Bama, OSU, etc., have collections of studs.

We were just fooling ourselves.

After reading 24/7 updated top 300 or so list,and seeing how Texas's commits and targets droped  It made me wonderhowone can update at this time ofyear. 

No practice or games just 7/7 not much football in a sense. Maybe just click bait. Any way if you want to dropin rankings commit to Horns 5* to a 4* and so forth.

6 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

After reading 24/7 updated top 300 or so list,and seeing how Texas's commits and targets droped  It made me wonderhowone can update at this time ofyear. 

No practice or games just 7/7 not much football in a sense. Maybe just click bait. Any way if you want to dropin rankings commit to Horns 5* to a 4* and so forth.

That's a really good observation, ET. Maybe it's because Texas isn't in the SEC yet, or maybe they're asking Jimbo for his input. 

34 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

That normally is the opposite of what happens, which is why the ags always throw out Burnt Orange Mafia conspiracy theories. We normally get the bumps in our favor.

You do pose a great question, one which I've also asked. How are these ratings being affected in any way when absolutely nothing is happening to cause a change?

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

That normally is the opposite of what happens, which is why the ags always throw out Burnt Orange Mafia conspiracy theories. We normally get the bumps in our favor.

You do pose a great question, one which I've also asked. How are these ratings being affected in any way when absolutely nothing is happening to cause a change?

I was viewing theTexAg forum yesterday and there was an Aggy that really was rational. Ag’s have been claiming for years after every commitment to UT follows a bump in their recruiting ranking. This guy pointed out how they were still claiming that after the new rankings came out, and 90% of UT recruits ranking decreased. It was refreshing to see and the forum shut up.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think it has to do with skill players participating in 7 on 7. It may be that lineman and such haven’t moved, but the receivers, QB’s, LB, S, CB decrease/increase their stock which moves everyone else around ranked higher or lower then them around. Not fair really, but I get it.

Just now, CorrienteKid said:

I think it has to do with skill players participating in 7 on 7. It may be that lineman and such haven’t moved, but the receivers, QB’s, LB, S, CB decrease/increase their stock which moves everyone else around ranked higher or lower then them around. Not fair really, but I get it.

And I like beer

OT Payton Kirkland - Saturday, July 23rd

Edge Derion Gullette - soon, but no date

Edge Braylon Shelby.- soon, but no date

Edge Colton Vasek - "very soon", but no date

LB Anthony Hill - End of July

RB Cedrick Baxter - 8/10 commitment

CB Javien Toviano - 8/25 (opener vs Lake Travis)

WR Jalen Hale - 9/22 commitment

CB Jordan Matthews - Septemberish

ATH/WR Mikal HP - after fall visits

TE Duce Robinson - long game...

DL- Hunter Osborne - ???

DL - David Hicks - UA AA game, Jan 2nd

24 minutes ago, CorrienteKid said:

A lot of what you said is taken into account.  Heard on a podcast that players reclassified from positions moves other players up and down. Also, players moving from one state to another makes a significant difference.

For example player is ranked #1 in Missouri, but moves to a school in Florida and he is now #12 on Florida.  That will affect his grade.

How this affects Texas' commits I don't know, but just a couple of factors raken into account 

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

DL- Hunter Osborne - ???

I read where Shelby could be announcing soon and its probably going to be USC.

I'm still choking on the idea that Kirkland would choose UT without having visited here.

The other commits keep implying there is another commit out there. TFB has said the same. Since Hale is all Horns and has set a date, Baxter will announce in 19 days, by process of elimination I have to think this commit who hasn't gone public is probably Anthony Hill or Derion Guillette.

Remember the tweet – "You know who you are"

I think you can take Shelby and Hicks off that list. Ain't happening. Hope I'm wrong though.

4 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

DL- Hunter Osborne - ???

The other names that I am keeping an eye on are Damon Wilson, Jordan Hall, Markis Deal and Jamarious Brown.  I can't remember which insider mentioned them, but they came up in the last week as potential others to keep an eye on.  I don't know if that warrants putting them on your tracker.  

I have heard a lot about the Aggies end of July recruiting event.  It seems like there is a lot of heavy hitters going.  Also heard that Arch is heading back to Austin the same weekend for our BBQ.  It seems like anytime he is back to Austin good things happen with any recruits that are there.  Does anyone know what our list of visitors looks like?