Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

18 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

70% confidence tells me he heard some pretty solid info, but we'll see.

Did Hamilton get trolled? Right now, it sure looks that way. I guess we'll see though.

I tend to agree with the person in question. He hasn't even taken a visit here. This is crazy.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Weird to see a kid so adamantly deny these rumors. Someone is getting played. Shouldn’t be long to figure out who. 

If he committed to the staff already, he doesn't want a recruiting reporter telling everyone where he's going.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Did Hamilton get trolled? Right now, it sure looks that way. I guess we'll see though.

I tend to agree with the person in question. He hasn't even taken a visit here. This is crazy.

Anything is possible in recruiting, but Hamilton has strong Florida connections and Payton has been a bit all over the place in his recruitment.

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Do we have any insight on how this is trending? Seems Vasek has been keeping things pretty tight throughout the process. Would definitely like to have him in the class. 

Re: Payton Kirkland, OT from Orlando, Florida

Okay, we've seen the tweets from the kid himself really downplaying his coming to Texas. Here's what's coming from other sites. TFB says it ain't happening. Poster on OB is saying Miami mods have said that he will be committing this Saturday but that it won't be either Miami or Oklahoma. Miami has always been thought to the leader. The OU mod said, "He can tweet all he wants. The Texas stuff isn't just smoke. It's fire". 

1 minute ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, we've seen the tweets from the kid himself really downplaying his coming to Texas. Here's what's coming from other sites. TFB says it ain't happening. Poster on OB is saying Miami mods have said that he will be committing this Saturday but that it won't be either Miami or Oklahoma. Miami has always been thought to the leader. The OU mod said, "He can tweet all he wants. The Texas stuff isn't just smoke. It's fire". 

😳

17 minutes ago, HORNS GUY said:

Mm

Lot's of confusion here with people posting and replying regarding different topics and recruits:

Malik Muhammed is committing today at either 5 or 6 pm (I've seen both times in different places)

IT seemed to report someone committed to the staff last night. We don't know who or when it'll be public. It perhaps could be Payton Kirkland

All the weirdness as above with Payton Kirkland who is potentially going public with a commitment this Saturday.

I think that should clear up some of the recent confusing posts.

8 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Lot's of confusion here with people posting and replying regarding different topics and recruits:

Malik Muhammed is committing today at either 5 or 6 pm (I've seen both times in different places)

IT seemed to report someone committed to the staff last night. We don't know who or when it'll be public. It perhaps could be Payton Kirkland

All the weirdness as above with Payton Kirkland who is potentially going public with a commitment this Saturday.

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention. 

-Tom Peters

21 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Thanks for summarizing... Hamilton is too conservative to go on minimal Intel and jump to a prediction and Kirkland may just want to have his moment on Saturday. Or who knows, Hamilton got bamboozled and the kid is telling the truth. That's crootin for ya...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

This tweet is from only a few days ago, so makes me wonder if he was going for a "shock the world" moment by not even listing Texas as a finalist.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But without even visiting UT?

The majority of the time in recruiting, I would say absolutely not.

With Texas' momentum and Manning being arguably the biggest recruit ever, the staff has crazy good leverage and kids are scared of missing the boat.

If Kirkland is in, chalk it up to very special circumstances we don't see much at all.