Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread


TFloss32
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, shotime73 said:

Im wondering what changed course with his recruitment. I thought Texas has moved on from him

I have no source here, but reading the tea leaves, it seems to me that he over valued himself and kept Texas at an arm's length. When the other programs he coveted didn't reciprocate, he came back to the home town option. Or at least is trying to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I have no source here, but reading the tea leaves, it seems to me that he over valued himself and keep Texas at an arm's length. When the other programs he coveted didn't reciprocate, he came back to the home town option. Or at least is trying to.

Oh ok. Yeah i agree with how he over valued himself. So from my understanding Texas needs at least one or two OT's correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I have no source here, but reading the tea leaves, it seems to me that he over valued himself and kept Texas at an arm's length. When the other programs he coveted didn't reciprocate, he came back to the home town option. Or at least is trying to.

IT has said recently his options aren't necessarily what he thought they were.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
21 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

DCTF list's Shanahan as a road grading guard. Along with Chatman and Cujoe

Strow is listed as a tackle.

Stroh will be an inside guy, which is why the staff is emphasizing another tackle to go with Goosby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Stroh will be an inside guy, which is why the staff is emphasizing another tackle to go with Goosby.

How are they recuiting Shanahan as a guard or a tackle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
4 hours ago, shotime73 said:

Sweet baby jesus. Alrighty then

Not gonna lie

I am anxious to see if one of A&M's highly-ranked '22 guys decides to portal in a few months and what effect that has on the others in that class, especially if the Ags have an average year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Not gonna lie

I am anxious to see if one of A&M's highly-ranked '22 guys decides to portal in a few months and what effect that has on the others in that class, especially if the Ags have an average year.

Yes to Harris and Perkins please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Agree. But it is interesting how Shanahan's side suddenly changed course after thumbing their nose at Texas only two months ago.

Texas needs to stick to their plan here.

 

3 hours ago, shotime73 said:

Im wondering what changed course with his recruitment. I thought Texas has moved on from him

 

3 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I have no source here, but reading the tea leaves, it seems to me that he over valued himself and kept Texas at an arm's length. When the other programs he coveted didn't reciprocate, he came back to the home town option. Or at least is trying to.

 

48 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT has said recently his options aren't necessarily what he thought they were.

Rivals.com is partially to be blamed. They still have Shanahan as a high 4-star recruit. If Shanahan was actually a legit high 4-star recruit, he'd have already committed to his school of choice instead of being a back-up option to all the schools that he's interested in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Not gonna lie

I am anxious to see if one of A&M's highly-ranked '22 guys decides to portal in a few months and what effect that has on the others in that class, especially if the Ags have an average year.

Yes, but I'm more concerned about our own '23 class holding together till NSD. You just know there'll be some serious negative recruiting until then, based on our record. The ags aren't the only ones that need to show improvement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, satam55 said:

 

 

 

Rivals.com is partially to be blamed. They still have Shanahan as a high 4-star recruit. If Shanahan was actually a legit high 4-star recruit, he'd have already committed to his school of choice instead of being a back-up option to all the schools that he's interested in.

Actually Rivals has Shanahan as a 5* and #1 in the state.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

Not gonna lie

I am anxious to see if one of A&M's highly-ranked '22 guys decides to portal in a few months and what effect that has on the others in that class, especially if the Ags have an average year.

Im saying Stewart will be the first to break the ice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a post I saw on another website from a poster named victory88. I thought it was worthy of sharing. This is related to the video TFloss has posted about "promises not kept."

That was a great listen.  It was pretty easy to figure out who he was talking about.  For those that didn't listen, he basically said that Jordan Addison isn't getting what he was promised.  That this stuff will come out in the open in the future.  Also implied pretty confidently that there is a program recruiting much higher than their norm and that it's going to result with locker room problems and transfers over the next year to two years.  Assuming he's talking about aggy which it's pretty clear he is, he stated that this particular program promised recruits a bunch of ridiculous money and in their contracts, there are a bunch of stipulations for these players to actually get the money which was never relayed to them.  For example, they only start getting payments if they are starting, or if they meet certain qualifications.  Now if the player and family feels pissed about about being lied to, they are stating "well you signed the contract".  Mentioned that it may not affect players that live near home but recruits that moved from OOS that had no interest in the program and simply were there for transactional reasons, will likely transfer.  Makes sense of the rumors of Walter Nolan wanting out.  It also falls in line with seeing how they are struggling to recruit big time right now.  They went from signing the best class ever in the history of recruiting coming off of a 8-4 season to struggling to get recruits on campus a few months later.  Josh Pate mentioned these recruits will talk to current players and it makes a lot more sense now why more guys are not falling for their "commit now or the offer is gone" pitch.  

He also mentioned that there are schools that are doing it the right way.  That their pitch to players is that we aren't guaranteeing you anything but that we have the structure and resources in place for you to actually monetize on your name and build a brand if you come in and do the right things.  Sounds pretty much like what Texas is doing.  In addition, we see to be making an effort to create a baseline for all players to be payed and then creating opportunities for the ones that are producing to get the bigger dollar offers through all the opportunities in Austin.  

In summary, he basically said that a ton of coaches, GAs, and recruiting department personnel have told him about the bullshit at USC and aggy and how it's going to get exposed for the next few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

This is a post I saw on another website from a poster named victory88. I thought it was worthy of sharing. This is related to the video TFloss has posted about "promises not kept."

That was a great listen.  It was pretty easy to figure out who he was talking about.  For those that didn't listen, he basically said that Jordan Addison isn't getting what he was promised.  That this stuff will come out in the open in the future.  Also implied pretty confidently that there is a program recruiting much higher than their norm and that it's going to result with locker room problems and transfers over the next year to two years.  Assuming he's talking about aggy which it's pretty clear he is, he stated that this particular program promised recruits a bunch of ridiculous money and in their contracts, there are a bunch of stipulations for these players to actually get the money which was never relayed to them.  For example, they only start getting payments if they are starting, or if they meet certain qualifications.  Now if the player and family feels pissed about about being lied to, they are stating "well you signed the contract".  Mentioned that it may not affect players that live near home but recruits that moved from OOS that had no interest in the program and simply were there for transactional reasons, will likely transfer.  Makes sense of the rumors of Walter Nolan wanting out.  It also falls in line with seeing how they are struggling to recruit big time right now.  They went from signing the best class ever in the history of recruiting coming off of a 8-4 season to struggling to get recruits on campus a few months later.  Josh Pate mentioned these recruits will talk to current players and it makes a lot more sense now why more guys are not falling for their "commit now or the offer is gone" pitch.  

He also mentioned that there are schools that are doing it the right way.  That their pitch to players is that we aren't guaranteeing you anything but that we have the structure and resources in place for you to actually monetize on your name and build a brand if you come in and do the right things.  Sounds pretty much like what Texas is doing.  In addition, we see to be making an effort to create a baseline for all players to be payed and then creating opportunities for the ones that are producing to get the bigger dollar offers through all the opportunities in Austin.  

In summary, he basically said that a ton of coaches, GAs, and recruiting department personnel have told him about the bullshit at USC and aggy and how it's going to get exposed for the next few years.

You know what..there is so much i want to say about this but all i can do is smh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

This is a post I saw on another website from a poster named victory88. I thought it was worthy of sharing. This is related to the video TFloss has posted about "promises not kept."

That was a great listen.  It was pretty easy to figure out who he was talking about.  For those that didn't listen, he basically said that Jordan Addison isn't getting what he was promised.  That this stuff will come out in the open in the future.  Also implied pretty confidently that there is a program recruiting much higher than their norm and that it's going to result with locker room problems and transfers over the next year to two years.  Assuming he's talking about aggy which it's pretty clear he is, he stated that this particular program promised recruits a bunch of ridiculous money and in their contracts, there are a bunch of stipulations for these players to actually get the money which was never relayed to them.  For example, they only start getting payments if they are starting, or if they meet certain qualifications.  Now if the player and family feels pissed about about being lied to, they are stating "well you signed the contract".  Mentioned that it may not affect players that live near home but recruits that moved from OOS that had no interest in the program and simply were there for transactional reasons, will likely transfer.  Makes sense of the rumors of Walter Nolan wanting out.  It also falls in line with seeing how they are struggling to recruit big time right now.  They went from signing the best class ever in the history of recruiting coming off of a 8-4 season to struggling to get recruits on campus a few months later.  Josh Pate mentioned these recruits will talk to current players and it makes a lot more sense now why more guys are not falling for their "commit now or the offer is gone" pitch.  

He also mentioned that there are schools that are doing it the right way.  That their pitch to players is that we aren't guaranteeing you anything but that we have the structure and resources in place for you to actually monetize on your name and build a brand if you come in and do the right things.  Sounds pretty much like what Texas is doing.  In addition, we see to be making an effort to create a baseline for all players to be payed and then creating opportunities for the ones that are producing to get the bigger dollar offers through all the opportunities in Austin.  

In summary, he basically said that a ton of coaches, GAs, and recruiting department personnel have told him about the bullshit at USC and aggy and how it's going to get exposed for the next few years.

First of all Josh Pate is a great listen. Check him out if you haven't already. 

If all the recruits are talking, this can only help with Duce, Shelby, MM, Hill, Baxter, Hicks and Toviano. Anyone who is legitimately looking at the Horns vs usc or aggy has to take this into account. That being said, I feel 8 wins is the absolute floor if we are going to keep this class together. I know Arch is locked in, but how many that followed will have 2nd thoughts if we're at 7-5 at the end of the year?

I don't think we will do worse than 8-4, but we have to handle our business on the field this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...