Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching Sydyr Mitchell's YouTube highlights and what caught my eye was number 58 in maroon from 1:20 to 2:25. He loses some battles but he manages to stonewall Mitchell at an obvious weight disadvantage. 

5 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

A&M 247 reporting today it looks like Baylor will hold on to QB Austin Novosad of Dripping Springs.

Jimbo still looking for his guy.

Let me guess, Novosad isn't who they really wanted anyway.  He was just a smokescreen to secretly go after [insert QB name here].  Novosad wasn't even SEC good anyway.

5 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

I guess Greathouse is back to a summer decision.

https://247sports.com/player/jaden-greathouse-46097197/

Here's my thoughts, and I will say I don't care one way or the other who the remaining WR is that we get . . . 

Greathouse could commit to the Domers any time he wants. He could wait until NSD if he wanted.

But he can't do that with Texas. We only have a spot or two left and it looks like Hale may be one of them. MHP has said he wants to come.

Bottom line, it is hard for me to believe a WR in Austin, who hears all about Arch all the time, would choose to walk away from the opportunity to play with him. Who is the QB at ND anyway? I honestly don't know.

So as much as my knowledge of this recruitment says he's going to ND, there's a common sense element to this that says Texas.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Here's my thoughts, and I will say I don't care one way or the other who the remaining WR is that we get . . . 

Greathouse could commit to the Domers any time he wants. He could wait until NSD if he wanted.

But he can't do that with Texas. We only have a spot or two left and it looks like Hale may be one of them. MHP has said he wants to come.

Bottom line, it is hard for me to believe a WR in Austin, who hears all about Arch all the time, would choose to walk away from the opportunity to play with him. Who is the QB at ND anyway? I honestly don't know.

So as much as my knowledge of this recruitment says he's going to ND, there's a common sense element to this that says Texas.

Hamilton at IT said today picking Notre Dame based on each team's QB situation would be an odd choice for a kid who's such a heady player.

57 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

There's also a common sense element that says he's not choosing a program that still loses games to Kansas, and the Domers have made multiple CFP appearances. 

Just sayin. We suck until we don't. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I agree with you on this..i didn't realize we had two spots available. Honestly they should take 3.. Leave the 3rd one as the wildcard

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I do agree with you. But why ND? The QB he is currently playing with is going to Clemson. He is in Austin where Arch is committed and there is Ewers already there. 

I get that the Carr kid also a 5* is going to ND. But unless his family wants him out of the "woke broke" city of Austin why not go to Clemson. Guessing that the new coach at ND has one hell of a sells pitch?

9 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Hamilton at IT said today picking Notre Dame based on each team's QB situation would be an odd choice for a kid who's such a heady player.

I’ve heard Greathouse described as a “good route runner”, “highly productive”, “red zone target” and now “heady”. These are the terms you use to call a receiver slow of foot without hurting their feelings. 

59 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

I’ve heard Greathouse described as a “good route runner”, “highly productive”, “red zone target” and now “heady”. These are the terms you use to call a receiver slow of foot without hurting their feelings. 

If that's the case, what's his short area quickness like?  He doesn't have to be the fastest if he can get in and out of routes quickly and ultimately catch the ball