Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, PTA said:

sorry...that was a typo...STARS, not starts, class average, etc.

Texas Longhorns 2023 28 Targets
PROJECTED TEAM SCORE WITH 27 COMMITS
312 with Mph (-Hale)
314 with Jalen Hale (-MHP)

28 Commits

319 with Downs & Hale
317 with Downs & MHP

QB - Arch Manning 5*
RB - Cedric Baxter - Proj 4*
RB - Tre Wisner 4*
WR - Johntay Cook II 5*
WR - Jalen Hale. Or MHP- Proj 4*
WR - Ryan Niblett 4*
WR - Jonah Wilson 4*
TE - Will Randle 3*
TE - Spencer Shannon 3*
OL - Jaydon Chatman 4*
OL - Connor Stroh 3*
OL - Trevor Goosby 3*
OL - Andre Cojoe 3*
DL - David Hicks - Proj/Hopeful 5*
DL - Sydir Mitchell - Proj 4*
DE/DL - B. Shelby or C. Vasek- Proj 4*
DE - Dylan Spencer 4*
DE - Billy Walton 3*
DE/LB - Derion Guilete - Proj 4*
LB - Anthony Hill - Proj/Hopeful 5* 
LB - S'Maje Burrell 4*
LB - Liona Lefau 4*
CB - Javion Toviano - Proj/Hopeful 5*
CB - Malik Muhammad - Proj 4*
CB - Jordan Mathews - Proj 4*
S - Derek Williams 5*
S - Jamel Johnson 4*

1 more for OL or S Caleb Downs

6 5*, 15 4* and 6 3*

With Downs 7 5*, 15 4* and 6 3*

I expect 30+ in the 23 class.

I think the coaches will want to take full advantage of Arch Mannia with his peer class and go big game hunting. 

If we have a good season I could see the staff focus on flipping some of the top recruits at multiple positions. 

• Administrators

IT posted that it looks like a Tennessee vs. Texas battle for DL Hunter Osborne of Trussville, AL.

His parents aren't exactly enamored with Clemson, and his Tennessee visit didn't go as well as visits to Clemson and Texas.

The family has signed off on Texas to this point.

https://247sports.com/player/hunter-osborne-46104085/

• Administrators

On OL Zalance Heard of Monroe, LA...IT reporting the defensive coaches at Texas aren't involved in the recruitment.

If Heard wants to join the class, he'll have to commit to Coach Flood as opposed to an earlier scenario where the staff would be willing to let him try defense first.

https://247sports.com/player/zalance-heard-46116355/

• Administrators

IT is saying there's a good possibility that QB Arch Manning and TE Will Randle will be in Austin for the July BBQ event.

They expect it to be a pretty big deal with other names showing up like Cook, Muhammad, Wisner, etc.

Very interesting War Room report over on Orangebloods. 

They talked to a recruiting source at a major D1 Texas university who has had the opportunity to evaluate, recruit and get to know many of the athletes that have committed to play at Texas. 

Was very positive about numerous players including Goosby, Chatman, Williams, Burrell, Niblett, and Cook. Says Cook is Devonta Smith 2.0. Was less than positive about Cojoe, Randle, and Spencer. 

6 hours ago, texbound said:

Let me see if I get this, UGA is very much interested in this guy, but the mighty, mighty aggies aren't?  Riiiiiiiiiiiiggght!!!!

I don't think that is what he's saying.  He's saying the Aggies got wondering eyes and ignored him for a while and if they came back now he wouldn't even talk.  

39 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Very interesting War Room report over on Orangebloods. 

They talked to a recruiting source at a major D1 Texas university who has had the opportunity to evaluate, recruit and get to know many of the athletes that have committed to play at Texas. 

Was very positive about numerous players including Goosby, Chatman, Williams, Burrell, Niblett, and Cook. Says Cook is Devonta Smith 2.0. Was less than positive about Cojoe, Randle, and Spencer. 

That sounds great ! This offense should score lots of points. How many times last year did we see 3 and out ? The defense was not that good, but offense hung em out to dry pretty consistently 

39 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT saying their intel has Oklahoma winning out, but two sources close to Pettaway don't know what he's going to do.

If Texas gets his commitment, it'll be a momentum win.

I hope we land him but IMHO Niblett fills the same role as Pettaway and he will be the better receiver. 
Niblett is just as fast but is more elusive. 
He was a QB his Sophomore year and caught 9 passes as a Junior (Eisenhower can’t pass the football). He’s rated the 12th best in the country with 9 career receptions. Once Coach Marion starts working with him the sky will be the limit. 

2 hours ago, Wayne said:

I don't think that is what he's saying.  He's saying the Aggies got wondering eyes and ignored him for a while and if they came back now he wouldn't even talk.  

Yeah, i read that again and realized I interpreted that wrong.  Doesn't matter because aggy still sucks.

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

I hope we land him but IMHO Niblett fills the same role as Pettaway and he will be the better receiver. 
Niblett is just as fast but is more elusive. 
He was a QB his Sophomore year and caught 9 passes as a Junior (Eisenhower can’t pass the football). He’s rated the 12th best in the country with 9 career receptions. Once Coach Marion starts working with him the sky will be the limit. 

Agree. Why duplicate? My only answer there is – the more speed the better. AND, if we take him, then OU does not. he he

IMO, Pettaway has got to be noticing the lack of momentum north of the Red and the complete recruiting house party going on in Austin. To this past weekend, he was a heavy OU lean. I wonder if that's changed

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You're probably right about Pettaway. The Hicks story hasn't been written yet.

I havent heard much Pettaway. Hes keeping things close to his vest

2 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

I havent heard much Pettaway. Hes keeping things close to his vest

He had a very quiet visit to Austin recently. Some were concerned about it. Didn't say much to anyone else. He did say he visited one-on-one with Sark and Marion and he enjoyed that. 

If he chooses Texas, I will be completely fooled. He would immediately be a top dog in OU's class. 

I think we're going to see a completely different OU next year. I just don't see Venebles keeping things like they've been. They'l be a better defensive team, but I question that offense of theirs. It will still be a scrap in Dallas, but I think we start winning most of those ahead.