Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

I see all the talk about the Arch effect but since Randle committed first, Is it possible all these recruits just want to play with him? Asking for a friend.😉

Could be the case or probably more something to it. Can anyone verify this but seems to me the Manning relationship with Texas may go back some years more for a positive relationship with coaches

This is the only Texas Longhorn board that I contribute to and that is because....well, it's free.  More importantly, most of us on here are level headed and rational.  I look around at other boards from time to time and just marvel at the stupidity levels out there. 

I looked at one today where all they care about is beating the Aggy recruiting ranking from last year.  Who gives a crap about that.  Let Aggy have that paper championship.  1/4 of that class will likely transfer out next year anyway.  I care that this staff is getting elite guys and guys that fit the needs of the team and have potential to be developed into elite players.  Kudos to this staff

• Administrators

On DE Colton Vasek of Austin Westlake...IT is also hearing that it's down to Oregon and Texas.

One source said that the staff is in a good position after his official visit, while a separate source thinks he prefers to go away from home.

However, going away from home was apparently the idea BEFORE Manning committed, and Manning has formed close friendships with the Westlake guys.

They say don't be surprised if Vasek shows up for the July BBQ.

https://247sports.com/Player/Colton-Vasek-46128697/

9 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

On DE Colton Vasek of Austin Westlake...IT is also hearing that it's down to Oregon and Texas.

One source said that the staff is in a good position after his official visit, while a separate source thinks he prefers to go away from home.

However, going away from home was apparently the idea BEFORE Manning committed, and Manning has formed close friendships with the Westlake guys.

They say don't be surprised if Vasek shows up for the July BBQ.

https://247sports.com/Player/Colton-Vasek-46128697/

Colton Vasek and Jalen Hale are the two ive got my eyes on just to see what happens

5 hours ago, shotime73 said:

Hello everyone. Sorry for me being away from here for so long.. Dealing with losing family members, life, and work in general, i am finally able to breathe a bit. I was able to catch up on this 2023 recruiting class and all i can say is "wtf???" The Manning effect has gone nuclear..

Great to have u back.  Prayers for your family.  

57 minutes ago, texbound said:

This is the only Texas Longhorn board that I contribute to and that is because....well, it's free.  More importantly, most of us on here are level headed and rational.  I look around at other boards from time to time and just marvel at the stupidity levels out there. 

I looked at one today where all they care about is beating the Aggy recruiting ranking from last year.  Who gives a crap about that.  Let Aggy have that paper championship.  1/4 of that class will likely transfer out next year anyway.  I care that this staff is getting elite guys and guys that fit the needs of the team and have potential to be developed into elite players.  Kudos to this staff

Certain boards . . . their mothers just didn't love them enough. Thats all I can conclude. lol

3 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Chris Braswell per Ala. offical roster is a LB. Might have playerd Edge in H S.Per roster lightest DE is 278

Maybe Walton is recruited as a LB?

I am just pointing at that at the same point in their career and at the same position, Walton has the same size as the 2 5 star Alabama edges. I don't think his size is an issue.