Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread


TFloss32
 Share

Recommended Posts

So spaces are not limited any more. You can only have so many at one position or you weaken other positions.

Who will leave at the edge position to make room for new ones?

Check number of Srs. and Jrs. too many have ieft in past. If you want to win big you nee a team loaded with srs, abd  jrs. just my 1 cent worth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

So spaces are not limited any more. You can only have so many at one position or you weaken other positions.

Who will leave at the edge position to make room for new ones?

Check number of Srs. and Jrs. too many have ieft in past. If you want to win big you nee a team loaded with srs, abd  jrs. just my 1 cent worth

It's definitely going to be a balancing act that they need to be very careful with.  Whenever they add an "extra" player they need to consider who will likely need to leave team and what impact that will have short and longer term on the team. 

If you can get a guy you think can make a difference,  while having someone on the roster who isn't helping much, and doesn't seem to be progressing its an easy call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The numbers will not be an issue. 

If we are recruiting to win games we need to load up on guys that will make that happen. 

Coaches have to evaluate players and not let the recruiting services do it for them. Mack started doing that in his last few years and it was a train wreck. 
 

If you want to have a winning culture and your players to develop you must create competition. Every player has to know they will never be guaranteed a spot. If they don’t buy in or work their tail off there will be 5 (very capable) guys waiting for the opportunity to take their spot. 
 
Get all the guys you believe can help and let them decide who stays. The cream always rises to the top. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

The numbers will not be an issue. 

If we are recruiting to win games we need to load up on guys that will make that happen. 

Coaches have to evaluate players and not let the recruiting services do it for them. Mack started doing that in his last few years and it was a train wreck. 
 

If you want to have a winning culture and your players to develop you must create competition. Every player has to know they will never be guaranteed a spot. If they don’t buy in or work their tail off there will be 5 (very capable) guys waiting for the opportunity to take their spot. 
 
Get all the guys you believe can help and let them decide who stays. The cream always rises to the top. 

If you are recruiting to win games you need to recruit players that will make this happen. Agree 100%

Just belive there are better players than a210 lb. DE. When Alabama comes to town check thier DES. 305, 295, 292, 292, 278.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eastexhorn said:

If you are recruiting to win games you need to recruit players that will make this happen. Agree 100%

Just belive there are better players than a210 lb. DE. When Alabama comes to town check thier DES. 305, 295, 292, 292, 278.

Nothing against Walton hope he developes into a all american.

If you want to competewith the best you had better get the best players  you can get

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

If you are recruiting to win games you need to recruit players that will make this happen. Agree 100%

Just belive there are better players than a210 lb. DE. When Alabama comes to town check thier DES. 305, 295, 292, 292, 278.

I agree. I don’t know anything about most of these guys but if our staff believes the 210 lb kid is what we need to beat Bama I’m on board. 
 

I don’t think a DE at Bama has the same assignment as our Edge rushers…at least I hope they don’t 😬

Saban is notorious for taking commitments and then not signing all of them. I don’t like that approach but if that’s what it takes to knock him off his throne let’s roll. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Nothing against Walton hope he developes into a all american.

If you want to competewith the best you had better get the best players  you can get

Isn't this kid basically 2+ years away from a significant role in the Texas defense? Lots of time for a kid to fill out and grow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...