Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

1 hour ago, Brad Usrey said:

We keep taking middle of road 3* and in December we could be out of top 10. Hope wrong but think these our depth.

The thing I keep in mind is how the staff approached OLine recruiting last year. They did not fill up early on subpar guys, they kept fighting to land the guys they truly wanted.

Difference this year, the guys they truly want are lower ranked and also willing to jump in the boat early, especially now that Arch is on board.

The timeline is very different, but I trust that the staff's approach is still the same. Only take the guys you want, especially this early in the game.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

The thing I keep in mind is how the staff approached OLine recruiting last year. They did not fill up early on subpar guys, they kept fighting to land the guys they truly wanted.

Difference this year, the guys they truly want are lower ranked and also willing to jump in the boat early, especially now that Arch is on board.

The timeline is very different, but I trust that the staff's approach is still the same. Only take the guys you want, especially this early in the game.

This. I think Sewell is the only OL that really turned us down. Then we immediately turned to Goosby who is now committed. All these commits were pretty early offers and guys we’ve been after from the jump. Not guys who we offer after the season when we missed on 3-4 others we wanted. Have to trust the staff evaluations. 

5 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

I hear ya, I expect only Chatman that might  see playing time @ Texas  don't transfer.  Stroh & Cojoe unless injury  or transfers from last year happen. They stay for depth.

Totally disagree.  Think Damien George from a couple of years ago. We, most of us thought that Alabama wouldn't keep him and/or he would be gone after 1-2 yrs. He redshirted and was able to develop into a rotational player and partial starter last year. Probably starter or rotational player again this year. Same with the other guy from North Shore on the OL.  Yes, last year's class was different as the OL talent overall the last 2-3 yrs. was better than this year's. But these guys redshirt and Banks, Campbell, and possibly Zeto could be 3 yr guys.  So, Chatman, Stroh, and Cojoe not only fit Flood's mole but of developing goes correctly are partial starters and rotational players. 

7 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

And Hill's family is getting recruited by the Mannings.

"We want Anthony Hill" is what Arch's father said to Anthony's father.

Have heard that the Mannings don't want Arch to feel like he has to have to win shootouts, but to get a defensive unit that can be as equally dominant as the offense could be.

25 minutes ago, UTfish said:

So we go from one of the worst offensive lines in the country to one of the best in two years. Awesome job of addressing a major need. 

I just read that under Herman, 14 HS OL were signed in 4 years. Assuming all the commited guys sign, that would make 11 in 2 years under Sark. That alone tells you all you need to know about the 2 coaches.