Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

According to TFB, Papa Manning likes Texas. Mama Manning likes Georgia.

I’m calling BS on that. TFB does not, nor anyone else, have any credible sources who know what mama or papa like.
I have zero doubt that either parent has said anything other than “I’ll support whatever decision you make”. 

33 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

I’m calling BS on that. TFB does not, nor anyone else, have any credible sources who know what mama or papa like.
I have zero doubt that either parent has said anything other than “I’ll support whatever decision you make”. 

Ricky, I normally find wisdom in your posts, but this one is completely devoid of it.

You have no idea IF what you're saying is true, but you say this while accusing people who do this for a living of not knowing their stuff, and worse – of completely fabricating something like that. TFB is a very credible source, who use very credible sources.

As for your last paragraph, find me a parent who says the opposite and I'll buy you a steak dinner. But parents are human and do have their favorites. I know I did when my son was being recruited.

17 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Ricky, I normally find wisdom in your posts, but this one is completely devoid of it.

You have no idea IF what you're saying is true, but you say this while accusing people who do this for a living of not knowing their stuff, and worse – of completely fabricating something like that. TFB is a very credible source, who use very credible sources.

As for your last paragraph, find me a parent who says the opposite and I'll buy you a steak dinner. But parents are human and do have their favorites. I know I did when my son was being recruited.

Just because you can’t find the wisdom doesn’t mean it’s not there. 

I’ll put it this way, everything we know about this recruitment is coming from within the programs and it is ALL what they perceive from the visits. The Mannings have not tipped their hand to anyone up to this point in time.

Whenever they leave a campus everyone on staff feels like they are the favorite. Georgia and Texas both feel that way. The only person who has spoken about Arch other than family is his HS Coach and not one of them has even hinted at a leader or favorite. 

With all of the industry sources available no one seems to even have enough “information” to formulate a timeline on Arch’s decision. 

So if you want to believe someone “making a living” selling subscriptions has suddenly discovered where each parent wants the kid to go then be my guest. I’ll double down that it is a complete fabrication. 

As for the second part, this family is not like mine or yours. At birth they began preparing Arch to continue the QB legacy.

He’s not been preparing for this moment he’s been preparing for the next level moment. It does not matter where he goes to college from a standpoint of personal success. He will be one of the best QB’s in the history of any school he chooses because he has the genetics and training that no one else in the world has access to. 

Things a parent would want for their kid from a college athletics standpoint don’t really apply. He will get PT, he’s getting better coaching at home than any school could offer, location is irrelevant because the family could hop on a private jet and be anywhere at anytime to watch him. 

Arch’s parents are telling him it’s his choice because they KNOW his level of comfort is all that matters. The last thing they would do is put more pressure on a kid who exists in a life of expectation. 

BTW I told my son he could go to work after HS graduation or I’d pay for him to go to Texas. Don’t even think about a different school because your wasting both of our time. He’s a proud grad of McCombs Business School. 
You owe me a steak. 

Thats nonsense. The Mannings have been interviewed many times. For the most part, they've been diplomatic but I believe the last story I saw said papa preferred Texas due to being comfortable with the development of his son under Sark. Georgia has issues with QBs. 

Aside from that, you wasted perfectly good bandwidth ranting about how nobody knows his decision, which wasn't the issue we were discussing. You beat the strawman to death. lol

Nobody has spoken to parents putting pressure on kids that I've seen. Another straw man bites the dust.

Owe you a steak? lol. I owe you a paperback of "How to stay in a conversation and remain relevant."

I respect you SHA but you can’t throw a couple of insulting remarks to win an argument. 
I’m not trying to explain the fact that no one knows his decision. No one Knows anything from the family. 

Whatever else you are trying to say I’ll just ignore. We are on different wavelengths or something. 

Hey now! I know zackly what school Arch is going to cause I have a robo-"fly on the wall" with a tiny little microphone and video camera on his back listenin in on every Manning family comfab with all them sittin around and whisperin and plottin. But I ain't telling cause it could compromise my secrete source. At least I knew up until yesterday when somebody hit my little "bug" with a fly swatter and so things maybe changed since then.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

According to TFB, Papa Manning likes Texas. Mama Manning likes Georgia.

DOOM!!!

If mama aint happy, ain't nobody happy!

Dad be like: " Son, I will support what ever decision you make"

Mom be like: " It is so hard putting your heart and soul into trying to raise a young man the right way...and then he just goes off and does whatever his FATHER says without a thought to his mothers wishes.....sighhhh...but anyway Son, it is your decision..."

I tell you it is game over.

2 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

I respect you SHA but you can’t throw a couple of insulting remarks to win an argument. 
I’m not trying to explain the fact that no one knows his decision. No one Knows anything from the family. 

Whatever else you are trying to say I’ll just ignore. We are on different wavelengths or something. 

Okay, maybe I got carried away. My apologies.

I don't think the family has tried to make anything secret. And why would they? Its not their decision.

41 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

DOOM!!!

If mama aint happy, ain't nobody happy!

Dad be like: " Son, I will support what ever decision you make"

Mom be like: " It is so hard putting your heart and soul into trying to raise a young man the right way...and then he just goes off and does whatever his FATHER says without a thought to his mothers wishes.....sighhhh...but anyway Son, it is your decision..."

I tell you it is game over.

"Son, there's a reason you look more like me than you do her. I ask you now, who are you going to trust here?"

lol