Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

42 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods saying WR Jaden Greathouse of Austin Westlake won't be visiting this weekend after all.

Instead, he will be playing in the state 7-on-7 tournament.

This continues to trend Notre Dame, and 247 said last night they're fading Texas' chances here.

https://247sports.com/player/jaden-greathouse-46097197/

Doubt if room for Greathouse Cook Hale and H-Pilot are taken if Manning commits.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Did Louisville just outspend Texas?

FWIW, the general consensus appears to be that Coach Choice cooled on Owens recently and decided to pursue Baxter, much like Coach Drayton did with Bijan over Evans a few years ago.

Doesn't sound like Owens will be recruited by Texas going forward, but obviously a long way to go.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods saying WR Jaden Greathouse of Austin Westlake won't be visiting this weekend after all.

Instead, he will be playing in the state 7-on-7 tournament.

This continues to trend Notre Dame, and 247 said last night they're fading Texas' chances here.

https://247sports.com/player/jaden-greathouse-46097197/

IT posted that Greathouse has moved off of his July commitment timeline and will wait until the fall.

Nice little victory for Texas short-term.

6 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Evans could have won that game for TCU. Not sure we ever got the real story but Gary pretty much benched him and instead of Evans sealing the deal for TCU we got to see Bijan win that game in the 4th quarter.

Patterson claimed Evans was injured. But you could clearly see him on the sideline, ticked off. They brought in someone who couldn't get past the LOS so it worked in our favor. Otherwise, yes, I think TCU would have won that game. I think Patterson knows that, too. But he had to make an example. I heard Evans chewed out his position coach, which brought Patterson's ire and benching of Evans.

3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

FWIW, the general consensus appears to be that Coach Choice cooled on Owens recently and decided to pursue Baxter, much like Coach Drayton did with Bijan over Evans a few years ago.

Doesn't sound like Owens will be recruited by Texas going forward, but obviously a long way to go.

Bijan over Evans clearly a brilliant move.

Baxter over Owens seems to be trending that way as well. Not saying we can land Baxter but I wouldn't bet against it either.

20 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Bijan over Evans clearly a brilliant move.

Baxter over Owens seems to be trending that way as well. Not saying we can land Baxter but I wouldn't bet against it either.

If mensa was able to land Bijan I damn sure hope Sark can do the same with Baxter.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Oh so NOW we're talking Baxter over Owens? Where have I heard that before? lol

The Owens news yesterday, while unexpected, didn't change my outlook on RB recruiting in the sense that I would still bet on the field over Baxter and Owens if you asked me who the next RB commitment is.

Are Texas' chances with Baxter better than with Owens?

Yep, no doubt about that now since Owens may go as far as moving to California to start earning as quickly as possible.

But is Baxter truly attainable for the Texas staff as a Central Florida kid being pursued by Bama, Florida and Miami? 

That's the real question for me going forward (as opposed to who Coach Choice prefers), and hopefully a Manning commitment helps answer that.

7 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

The Owens news yesterday, while unexpected, didn't change my outlook on RB recruiting in the sense that I would still bet on the field over Baxter and Owens if you asked me who the next RB commitment is.

Yep, no doubt about that now since Owens may go as far as moving to California to start earning as quickly as possible.

But is Baxter truly attainable for the Texas staff as a Central Florida kid being pursued by Bama, Florida and Miami? 

That's the real question for me going forward (as opposed to who Coach Choice prefers), and hopefully a Manning commitment helps answer that.

You made the point I was going to make, but far more eloquently... 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

One thing that gets the ball rolling in the right direction is getting Bijan in the eyes of the public. A Ricky Williams type campaign would work.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

You made the point I was going to make, but far more eloquently... 🤷‍♂️

Thanks, just felt the need to point out it's two different arguments, and one argument is irrelevant if neither player is realistic.

It's like a hypothetical of having a 20% better chance with hot girl A than I do with hot girl B, but my chance of going home empty-handed is 75%.

14 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Thanks, just felt the need to point out it's two different arguments, and one argument is irrelevant if neither player is realistic.

It's like a hypothetical of having a 20% better chance with hot girl A than I do with hot girl B, but my chance of going home empty-handed is 75%.

Agree completely. Wisner is committed, so the question is who is on the board behind Baxter?  I think we'll make a good run at him, but he stays in Florida, IMHO.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

But hot girl B isn't a 20%'er. She's about 40%-50% from what I've read.

The actual post I was referring to was when I said we had a better shot with Baxter than we did Owens. MBHorns laughed at it. Now look at us. lol

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But hot girl B isn't a 20%'er. She's about 40%-50% from what I've read.

The actual post I was referring to was when I said we had a better shot with Baxter than we did Owens. MBHorns laughed at it. Now look at us. lol

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Trust me, I hope that's the case.

With A&M on deck and knowing they will go all-out for him with Owens off the board, I can't let myself go there quite yet.

Hopefully Fong is correct, and Manning/Coach Choice end up being big factors in Texas' favor.