Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

On 6/1/2022 at 9:15 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

I think the Torvano ship has sailed. I wish it weren't so but everything says he's moved on from Texas.

You know I like Hale, so that one stung. 

CTJ knows more about some positions (recruiting) than others. Just something I've noticed. But it was interesting to toss around.

@Baron, we need names man. Names. lol

Afraid lot of top end defensive  players are either passed or passing.  Hicks & Hill will visit but think they gone. Bad thing liable be aggies. I would be happy  with Muhammad. We win things might change but D has to do some stopping.

4 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

Afraid lot of top end defensive  players are either passed or passing.  Hicks & Hill will visit but think they gone. Bad thing liable be aggies. I would be happy  with Muhammad. We win things might change but D has to do some stopping.

I look at defensive  recruiting a little different than offensive. Obviously having better athletes helps but with good speed, great instincts and high motor kids a great coach/teacher can field a really good defense. 
If you look at our “once in a lifetime” DB class a few years back they didn’t bring much success to us. Maybe they weren’t developed or maybe they were above coaching but whatever the reason the group flopped. 
Aranda didn’t get a bunch of stars at Baylor and Patterson made a living with Texas leftovers. I believe Coach Pete is a top of the line coordinator regardless of the performance last season. I think our defense will have a far greater understanding of the system this year and be MUCH improved. Regardless of ability if you don’t function as a collective unit on that side of the ball you will look really bad, really fast. It’s like having that one Olineman screwing up their assignment, the play is over before it starts. 
I literally see our defensive staff as being more focused on the sum than the parts. We have the flashy race car drivers on the offensive staff and the dirty mechanics on D. That takes two different kinds of recruits. 

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

I look at defensive  recruiting a little different than offensive. Obviously having better athletes helps but with good speed, great instincts and high motor kids a great coach/teacher can field a really good defense. 
If you look at our “once in a lifetime” DB class a few years back they didn’t bring much success to us. Maybe they weren’t developed or maybe they were above coaching but whatever the reason the group flopped. 
Aranda didn’t get a bunch of stars at Baylor and Patterson made a living with Texas leftovers. I believe Coach Pete is a top of the line coordinator regardless of the performance last season. I think our defense will have a far greater understanding of the system this year and be MUCH improved. Regardless of ability if you don’t function as a collective unit on that side of the ball you will look really bad, really fast. It’s like having that one Olineman screwing up their assignment, the play is over before it starts. 
I literally see our defensive staff as being more focused on the sum than the parts. We have the flashy race car drivers on the offensive staff and the dirty mechanics on D. That takes two different kinds of recruits. 

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. There's no way that Coach K, Bo Davis and Choate have forgotten how to successfully coach a defense. Last year I think there was some entitlement issues on defense (DL) that needed to be straightened out. I also wouldn't worry about the defensive recruiting, there is a long way to go. An improved season will go a long way towards recruiting success. Plus the talent is there now and it's experienced. 

I want y’all to know that I am counting on you!

I moved this week.  Had movers who didn’t get a lot of things because they sent too small a truck. By the time I found out, it was too late to get a different company. 

I brought a lot in my SUV in about 5 or 6 trips, and lifted things that I had no idea I could lift.

Anyway, forgot to hook up TV and internet in the chaos  Can you keep me updated?

BWilk did a great job yesterday.  Are you planning on doing the same today?

Hook ‘em!  Go Horns!

6 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

Bill also said,

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" 

I believe he also said, "Can we just concentrate on football here and leave all this school stuff to the nerds?"

.......wait, that was my HS football teammate Billy Bob Shakey.  I always get those two confused.

12 hours ago, java said:

No!

The funny thing about all this, is that I am not the worst offender when it comes to indentions, punctuation and spelling on this board. The issues people have with there, their and they're drive me crazy. That and dominate/dominant.

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

The funny thing about all this, is that I am not the worst offender when it comes to indentions, punctuation and spelling. The issues people have with there, their and they're drive me crazy.That and dominate/dominant.

5 minutes ago, java said:

I was trying to type a message & no dice!

Baron is right. Proofreading has its perks, but what drives me nuts is the spellcheck or anticipation feature. 

Arugh!

That's why I normally don't use my phone to interact on any board. I'm a computer guy.