Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

Thought he was wanting to make a summer decision.

Me too. But I haven’t talked to him lately. Just getting my info from folks on here who for the most part are getting it from recruiting analysts who get paid to make stories that sell. Telling people that they have no idea what he’s going to do doesn’t sell. So they play like they can read tea leaves.  And people buy it. They are right about the same percentage as we are. Now because it is their business they may be faster with the news after a recruit has made a decision. But we shouldn’t equate that with them being good at estimating. 

This is all for entertainment purposes anyway and God love ‘em the recruiting analysts have found a way to make a living out of trying to guess what 17 and 18 year old boys are going to do. 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

Thought he was wanting to make a summer decision.

IT still believes a summer decision is the most likely once these officials are over.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

IT still believes a summer decision is the most likely once these officials are over.

The recent quote from Arch was along the lines of, "I could see myself making a decision before the season, during the season, or after the season". In other words, "I don't intend to give you any idea of when I will make my decision".

Seems likely that once he OVs to Bama, UGA and Texas he'd be pretty well primed to make a decision. I'm sure he and his family are well aware of the impact he will have on recruiting others around him and won't delay in order to capitalize on that opportunity.  

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

The recent quote from Arch was along the lines of, "I could see myself making a decision before the season, during the season, or after the season". In other words, "I don't intend to give you any idea of when I will make my decision".

Seems likely that once he OVs to Bama, UGA and Texas he'd be pretty well primed to make a decision. I'm sure he and his family are well aware of the impact he will have on recruiting others around him and won't delay in order to capitalize on that opportunity.  

His coach said a while back there was no timetable for a decision.

My interpretation of that was him helping keep as much pressure off of Arch as possible as opposed to that being a true statement.

Summer still makes the most sense to me, and I don't think the timing of Owens eliminating Georgia was all that coincidental.

• Administrators
On 5/20/2022 at 4:51 PM, TFloss32 said:

Looks like WR Ashton Cozart of Flower Mound Marcus is about to de-commit from Oklahoma.

Oklahoma 247 saying Venables is basically telling commitments that they aren't committed if they want to take visits to other schools.

https://247sports.com/Player/Ashton-Cozart-46097895/

Flipped to Oregon this evening.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, david ficken said:

Hey TFloss,

Does the staff view Pleasant as a DB or an ATH?   Curious as to how they view him and where he plays.  As On3 list him as an ATH and 247 list him as a DB.  Has he played multiple positions?

DB.

Until he broke that California record recently, I hadn't seen his name much since Texas offered.