Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Cook is not as good as Cook thinks he is. He'd come in around 3-4 on my WR board. 

The "enjoying the process" is only afforded to those who have the value to command a school to wait them out. I don't think Cook is that type of recruit.

Obviously, I'm not as hung up on Cook being in this class as some are. 

As I said in the tread you started about this yr's wrs; I think Cook is below several others guys, but the staff is working with him due to his friendship with Manning.  IMPO, both Cook and Owens would already be aggies, but due to their friendship to Manning which is why they are uncommitted.  But Hale, Brown, Moore Jr., Pettaway, Niblett, and Greathouse all above Cook. 

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Any of the sites saying why we didn't make Tyler Turner's top two?

I just logged in for the day, so I will look around.

He confirmed with me at the beginning of the month that he was taking an official to Texas.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

DCTF mag has Cook, Hale Pettaway in that order.

24/7 has Hale, Cook, Pettaway

Lots of good WRS in aTexas this class.

Texas will probably have their pick if they land Manning, and I doubt Sark is worried about scholarship numbers, but anxious to see how it unfolds if guys like Brown and/or Moore want in.

• Administrators

Scipio and Burton on the A&M mess.

Y'all may remember what I said about Saban being upset that NIL, and illegal NIL, is disrupting his system of acquiring great players which he's done for years.

IT had another good point today that the SEC has always been a club where it's understood how things go, but if you abuse the system and raise eyebrows like A&M has, your conference partners will come after you and it could get ugly (see Ole Miss).

Not so coincidentally, A&M's AD was at the heart of the Ole Miss scandal and Fisher received recruiting penalties after taking the A&M job.

• Administrators

Per IT, teammates QB Arch Manning and TE Will Randle are expected to take their Texas official visits on June 17th.

As for Manning specifically, the thought is he will take his Georgia and/or Alabama visits before that date.

• Administrators

WR Jaden Greathouse from Austin Westlake has re-scheduled his Texas official for the big weekend in June.

That means Texas will have the last word with him before his senior season begins, and he'd like to make a decision in July once his official visits are finished.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaden-Greathouse-46097197/

• Administrators

On S Tyler Turner of San Antonio Brennan...IT saying Texas is content to play the long game when it comes to finding safeties for this class and are prioritizing others.

One name is Makari Vickers of Tallahassee, FL who is expected to take an official to Austin, and has already been on campus once this year.

https://247sports.com/player/tyler-turner-46114887/

https://247sports.com/player/makari-vickers-46104034/

• Administrators
14 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, RB Cedric Baxter, Jr. of Orlando, FL will officially visit Texas on June 10th.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cedric-Baxter-Jr-46098809/

IT continues to believe that Florida is the likely landing spot for Baxter, but Coach Choice is a big reason why Texas is very much in play.

Florida wants him to take an official visit in December, which is seemingly indicative of his timeline for making a decision.

10 hours ago, david ficken said:

As I said in the tread you started about this yr's wrs; I think Cook is below several others guys, but the staff is working with him due to his friendship with Manning.  IMPO, both Cook and Owens would already be aggies, but due to their friendship to Manning which is why they are uncommitted.  But Hale, Brown, Moore Jr., Pettaway, Niblett, and Greathouse all above Cook. 

At this point, I expect Owens to be an aggy. Manning or not. IMO, we have a better shot at Cedric Baxter, an OOS five-star.

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, teammates QB Arch Manning and TE Will Randle are expected to take their Texas official visits on June 17th.

As for Manning specifically, the thought is he will take his Georgia and/or Alabama visits before that date.

I like how this sets up. Seems like he is taking the OVs he plans to take, Texas being the last. If he commits on the 17th, the 24th visit weekend will be huge.

For sure there are more WRS than Horns can take. They have one already and room for more assuming some go pro.

WR coach knows who he had rather havesotime will tell.

Ilike Pettaway for two reasons instant acceleration and top end speed. The rest is coachable.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

I like how this sets up. Seems like he is taking the OVs he plans to take, Texas being the last. If he commits on the 17th, the 24th visit weekend will be huge.

I'd love for him to commit before the 24th, but it'd also be cool to see him make an announcement when he's at the Manning Passing Academy and the family puts on burnt orange.

A guy can dream.