Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

12 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Had a great coach who could create an offence and also have a pretty good defence.

Iron Mike had some tuff football  players,ask Roger Staubach  or Joe Namath.🤘 Bear Byrant never could figure him out.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

Um… let’s not go straight communist here. I’m sure we can find other areas in the football program to spend the money. 
I think I read somewhere that 18 college World Series championships is the equivalent of 100 swimming national championships, 55 Volleyball Nattys, 36 NCAAWB’s, 3 NCAAM championships, 818 “other” national championships (whatever others is) and a share of the Conference title in a power 5 football program. 

I’m not saying I agree but that’s what I read somewhere, I think. 

I think people are misunderstanding the potential changes.

To my knowledge, they are not considering changing the 85 man scholarship limit for football. They are considering dropping the 25 man signing limit for each recruiting class.

They are considering dropping the limit for equivalency sport like baseball.

53 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

I think people are misunderstanding the potential changes.

To my knowledge, they are not considering changing the 85 man scholarship limit for football. They are considering dropping the 25 man signing limit for each recruiting class.

They are considering dropping the limit for equivalency sport like baseball.

I understood it perfectly. I’m saying (in jest) don’t increase the amount of money allocated to these other sports for more scholarships when they are not important. Even if the 85 cap remains for football we could still buy some more stuff to benefit the football program because it’s really the only sport that counts. 
I was just in a good mood today and thought I’d have some fun on the board. 

10 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

I understood it perfectly. I’m saying (in jest) don’t increase the amount of money allocated to these other sports for more scholarships when they are not important. Even if the 85 cap remains for football we could still buy some more stuff to benefit the football program because it’s really the only sport that counts. 
I was just in a good mood today and thought I’d have some fun on the board. 

Gotcha. 

I am also seeing others comment that makes me think some are confused and think that the 85 scholarship limit is going away. 

Football is certainly the bell cow and the rising tide that will lift all the other ships. When it comes to scholarships, I think the school can afford to fund max scholarships across the board (due to profit made by football) while still pouring plenty of resources into the football program. 

To your point, the NIL focus should remain on football and I'm sure it will. I do like the idea of Texas dominating the sports landscape across the board though, and I think we have the resources to be able to pull that off. 

So now Johntay Cook is enamored with Michigan and has an OV set up there for June.

Texas, who has been in on him for a year before Michigan somehow found his phone number, doesn't have an OV scheduled with Cook.

I think this is where I part ways with Cook. I hope we fill up at WR before Cook makes a decision.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So now Johntay Cook is enamored with Michigan and has an OV set up there for June.

Texas, who has been in on him for a year before Michigan somehow found his phone number, doesn't have an OV scheduled with Cook.

I think this is where I part ways with Cook. I hope we fill up at WR before Cook makes a decision.

Is Cook the kid who we think wants to play with Manning?

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He's enjoying the process and taking his visits. Nothing wrong with that... He's been to Texas a few times and has all the reasons to come here. Not saying he's committing, but he's a talent worth waiting for. The state is loaded with WRs so I think we'll be ok regardless