Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Whoa!!!   I just read where Floss reported that the NCAA is moving toward removing scholarship limits??? The last time that happened we ran off a 30 game win streak. Are we the richest School or not?

or not?

Had a great coach who could create an offence and also have a pretty good defence.

5 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Whoa!!!   I just read where Floss reported that the NCAA is moving toward removing scholarship limits??? The last time that happened we ran off a 30 game win streak. Are we the richest School or not?

or not?

It won't matter. You won't be able to talk a bunch of good players into standing in line behind 3 others. They'll go where they can play. The DKR days are a thing of the past. Back then, it wasn't a me-me-me environment.

25 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

It won't matter. You won't be able to talk a bunch of good players into standing in line behind 3 others. They'll go where they can play. The DKR days are a thing of the past. Back then, it wasn't a me-me-me environment.

Many kids are confident they can beat the competition. Seems like more players would result in a better team. You would get more guys transferring after not getting enough playing time, but that doesn't seem like a big problem. 

One could take some players with potiential and possibly develop them.

Maybe have freshmen teamlus a few who needmore coaching.

A rule no transfers till two yeats would help.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They all played under DKR. He didn't have that mamby pamby idea that Mack did about not humiliating the opponent. He would try for a TD on every possession. After the first 4 scores the second string would come in and after they scored a few times, here came team 3....

They had to revise how they awarded letters because none of the first string played enough minutes to get a letter.

I never forgave Mack for not being a heartless bastard.

8 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

or not?

This is not related to football, it is related to equivalency sports (sports with a set number of scholarhips regardless of players). Football is a head count sport, meaning 85 athletes can be on scholarship and that scholarship can be 100%. D1 baseball for example can give out only 11.7 scholarships, divided amongst the players on the team.

To your point though, we can flex our riches by giving full rides to all student athletes in all sports. 35 full scholarship baseball players will be an advantage over other schools who can't afford to do the same, for example. 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

SHA you might need to get on tide fans and share that information. Somehow the kids who keep committing to Alabama didn’t get the memo. 

19 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

This is not related to football, it is related to equivalency sports (sports with a set number of scholarhips regardless of players). Football is a head count sport, meaning 85 athletes can be on scholarship and that scholarship can be 100%. D1 baseball for example can give out only 11.7 scholarships, divided amongst the players on the team.

To your point though, we can flex our riches by giving full rides to all student athletes in all sports. 35 full scholarship baseball players will be an advantage over other schools who can't afford to do the same, for example. 

Um… let’s not go straight communist here. I’m sure we can find other areas in the football program to spend the money. 
I think I read somewhere that 18 college World Series championships is the equivalent of 100 swimming national championships, 55 Volleyball Nattys, 36 NCAAWB’s, 3 NCAAM championships, 818 “other” national championships (whatever others is) and a share of the Conference title in a power 5 football program. 

I’m not saying I agree but that’s what I read somewhere, I think. 

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats with an 85 limit. So it wouldn't be relative.

If they do what there doing with a limit in place don’t you think they would get more without one? I mean you basically described their current depth chart. I heard any player on the team that wasn’t a five star recruit or the #1 rated player or position  in their State coming out of HS wasn’t allowed to have that cool white stripe on their helmet. 
A49BCC22-B8E7-4784-AE62-C2474AA032BD.thumb.jpeg.004a2dbb33e362f5fc484a7f8ce918ea.jpeg

There may be some players I can’t see but that’s a whole bunch with the stripe.
Not arguing, just saying. 

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

SHA you might need to get on tide fans and share that information. Somehow the kids who keep committing to Alabama didn’t get the memo. 

But they do transfer.  Alabama lose a lot to the portal each year. Saban tells they ain’t gonna play, they leave, and he brings in a new crop. 

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

If they do what there doing with a limit in place don’t you think they would get more without one? I mean you basically described their current depth chart. I heard any player on the team that wasn’t a five star recruit or the #1 rated player or position  in their State coming out of HS wasn’t allowed to have that cool white stripe on their helmet. 
A49BCC22-B8E7-4784-AE62-C2474AA032BD.thumb.jpeg.004a2dbb33e362f5fc484a7f8ce918ea.jpeg

There may be some players I can’t see but that’s a whole bunch with the stripe.
Not arguing, just saying. 

Keilan Robinson. From Alabama. Struggles to get touches here. 

I don't think that stripe means what you think it does.