• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

8 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Wasnot Owens once a five star?

If Manning commits I would bet Owens and Cook will too

I don't know, Owens seems to be searching for a reason to go elsewhere (aggy). IMO, we may be more likely to land Baxter than we are Owens.

52 minutes ago, UTfish said:

247 rates him a 5*. Rivals and On3 give him 4*s.

https://www.on3.com/db/rueben-owens-102717/industry-comparison/

I do like this feature on On3, an easy way to see all 4 major sites rankings in one place (ESPN, 24/7, On3 and Rivals).

Owens is either the 1st or 2nd ranked back across the board, on the cusp of 5 star status.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't know, Owens seems to be searching for a reason to go elsewhere (aggy). IMO, we may be more likely to land Baxter than we are Owens.

That recruitment is far from over. Twist and turns coming in that one. 

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I'm going to need an interpreter, please 🙂 

And is the UT Laundry Guy supposed to be somebody?

I think we're landing a big time kicker, a huge 3* get..... 😆

Yes a recruiting rosetta stone would be helpful!

TFB saying they think, based on their sources, that Texas has a better shot with RB Cedric Baxter than most people realize.

By contrast, they think Owens to aggy because they're selling him on being the featured back his freshman year. Texas isn't offering that, of course.

6 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I'm going to need an interpreter, please 🙂 

And is the UT Laundry Guy supposed to be somebody?

Person who is a long-time worker within the AD/football just making an observation based on his experience at his position in the past and now.

"Somebody" often takes different shapes and forms. A perspective you won't find anywhere else I'd imagine.

• Administrators

IT had an update today on QB Arch Manning, and they feel his recruitment is "nearing resolution" with a summer decision "easily most likely."

Texas was supposed to visit his school today and an official visit date will be discussed.

The famous Manning Passing Academy event is being held the last weekend in June, so it's looking like a June 18th official visit is the best bet for now.

Not the end of the world if he can't make the big recruiting weekend right before the summer dead period, but if he's making a June decision, then that weekend could go down with Arch already committed setting up endless recruiting possibilities even if he's not in Austin.