Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Talking Texas with 2021 Football Commit Jaden Alexis

• Administrators

Since losing out on the Brockermeyer twins, Texas has pushed forward at an impressive pace with recruiting. Since July 27, the Longhorns have received three commits in the class of 2021 and one for 2022.

Tom Herman’s program now stands at 17 hard commitments in its 2021 class, with the the latest coming from speedy wide receiver Jaden Alexis of Pompano Beach, Florida.

“I chose Texas first because of the coaching staff, primarily coach Coleman, and how I believe in him and he believes in me enough to give me this opportunity. I know he will develop me and help me be ready to be a force in the first weeks of me arriving there. Coach Yurchich I know is ready to incorporate my talent all across the board at the wide receiver position and his hunger and drive and the intensity he brings for the offense. Then, of course, coach Herman is just really excited about me,” Alexis said.

“I know being a recruit coming out of the state of Florida all the way to Texas I know and trust in him that he will take care of me and help me become a better person. Then the quarterback position with Jalen Milroe committed and guys like (Hudson) Card, (Ja’Quinden) Jackson and (Casey) Thompson are really important to me as a wide receiver. Then lastly the business school and the branding opportunities I will have and being able to connect with so many great people in a great market for a great school.”

As you can see, Alexis is excited about becoming a Longhorn.

Alexis is a 6’0 185-pound wide receiver from Monarch High School in Pompano Beach, Florida. He ranks as a three-star wide receiver via 247Sports with a rating of 89. He ranks as the 49th wide receiver in the 2021 class and overall the 46th best player in Florida for that class as well.

Alexis is one of the fastest guys on the field at any time. He runs a near sub 4.4 forty-yard dash. He also has times of 10.75 and 22.27 in the 100 and 200-meter dash respectively. Alexis also comes from a football family as his father, Rich, was a running back at Washington as well as spent a few years in the NFL playing for Jacksonville, St. Louis, and Seattle.

“My hunger and drive to be great at every little thing I do,” Alexis said on what leads to his success. “I am always wanting to get better and to be coached because I know I can be great and that there is always something to improve on. It’s been in me since a young age and I’m ready to be a workaholic for dreams.”

Last season at Monarch, Alexis played snaps on both offense and defense. As a wide receiver, he caught 49 passes for 894 yards and eight touchdowns. Monarch finished its season 6-4 while averaging over 32 points per game with Alexis’ help.

“I am hardworking and a team player and I pride myself on staying humble and always ready to improve. I am very coachable and want to see my team succeed and win championships. Also, I am a natural leader and ready to be a leader when called upon or when needed,” Alexis said on what fans should know about him.

Alexis becomes the fourth straight out-of-state commit for the class of 2021. This past month has seen the commitments of cornerback Jamier Johnson (California) tight end Gunnar Helm (Colorado) and two Floridians this past weekend in center Michael Myslinski and now Alexis.

Alexis also joins fellow three-star Casey Cain as the second true wide-receiver for Texas’s 2021 class.

The biggest unknown right now with respect to on-field action for Alexis and other athletes is the effect COVID-19 has on the future high school and college football landscape. Texas high school football in classes 5A and 6A is pushed back five weeks while football in Florida is pushed back till mid-September.

Alexis though is keeping himself in shape for hopefully his senior season of play in Florida.

“I work out with my dad on a daily basis and we train in full pads. I prepare myself as if it is a live game or even practice reps. Also, I train at XPE which is a great training facility and great coaching with the combination of having NFL guys working beside me helping me learn anything I can take from them,” Alexis explained.

Jaden Alexis is a perfect fit for the Texas offense. He’s a great compliment to Casey Cain who has great size and has the speed to take the top off of any defense. He’s a guy who is always going to have to be game-planned for by the opposing defense.

Alexis wants everyone to know his goal when he arrives at Austin is to be the best he can be for the team on a daily basis.

“My goal is to show up ready, compete every day, and be a great teammate and classmate. Then, find a way on the field with my work ethic and craft.”

The post Talking Texas with 2021 Football Commit Jaden Alexis appeared first on HornSports.

View this article on HornSports