All Things Politics Thread

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"I don’t think disagreeing with the organization makes me racist though." Of course it doesn't!!!!  And I couldn't agree more on wishing there was a way to separate the sentiment vs the organizat

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DMAC said:

DMACS OPINION MATTERS. Allow me this or I will paint it on the street in front of your house in big block letters!

You’re more than welcome to come paint it. The neighborhood kids may draw over it but it’s not an issue with me. If it makes you feel like you’re voice will be heard. I’m all for it. 

1 minute ago, DMAC said:

e3a401576efcf6a4db080b8bc6fc4a31a53a25de

Wait so you’re saying Donald Trump... Donald Trump... he doesn’t say things that aren’t coherent?? He doesn’t tweet something like covfefe. He doesn’t look directly into the sun during an eclipse without shades? If you’re really fighting this with Biden says things that are crazy but Trump doesn’t.. you’re arguing in bad faith. 

19 minutes ago, hornsups said:

Wait so you’re saying Donald Trump... Donald Trump... he doesn’t say things that aren’t coherent?? He doesn’t tweet something like covfefe. He doesn’t look directly into the sun during an eclipse without shades? If you’re really fighting this with Biden says things that are crazy but Trump doesn’t.. you’re arguing in bad faith. 

I admire your conviction and dedication to your Emocrat party.  I really do but if you seriously are trying to compare Biden's cognitive ability to Trumps then...well nvm ty for the laugh

16 minutes ago, DMAC said:

I admire your conviction and dedication to your Emocrat party.  I really do but if you seriously are trying to compare Biden's cognitive ability to Trumps then...well nvm ty for the laugh

You admire my conviction and dedication to my party??? I cannot say the same. I don’t admire people who show conviction for Trump. But if you think Trump is not suffering some cognitive issues... there’s not much I can say for you. I guess we will see in November who America thinks is better. 

19 hours ago, hornsups said:

Black guy sees trouble tweet out that Biden said something about the African American community not being diverse and the Latino community being incredibly diverse. Then Trump talks about Biden losing the African American community. This guy and his mostly white followers make me laugh so much. I read that and immediate said. He’s right. I look over at my Hispanic girlfriend she immediately says she gets it. African Americans may be from a rural community or an urban community. They may be Republican or Democratic. But they are still African Americans and for the most part there is some shared identity to that. Latin Americans come from Puerto Rico, from the DR, from Haiti, from Mexico, from South America, from Central America, from Cuba. Those countries have different cultures. Different beliefs. Different values. They vote differently. Biden will get a majority of the African American vote because we are overwhelmingly Democratic. The Latin American community is vastly different. Just look at Florida. So did Biden just lose the African American community?? Hell no. We overwhelmingly hate Trump and overwhelmingly think he’s a racist. We saw Biden be the Robin to Obama’s Batman. We’ve seen Trump’s views on Obama. We overwhelmingly love Obama. So check Biden. Biden will likely have am African American VP. Another check. Biden showed his respect to a civil rights icon and a beloved man in John Lewis. Trump did not. Then when asked about his legacy he made it about himself and talked about how John Lewis was wrong for not going to his inauguration or SOTU. So yeah Trump cannot speak on losing the African American community. That’s just wishful thinking. Trump knows these, that’s why they have GOP operatives trying to get Kanye West on ballots in battleground states. All while his wife has said he is having mental health issues. Because they think he will take enough of the African American vote to help Trump. Which is highly unlikely. Black voters are pragmatic. They were when all the progressives were pushing Bernie. They will be again in November. The polls show it. We don’t like Trump. We don’t trust Trump. We think he’s a racist. We will be voting overwhelmingly for Biden. ✊🏿

I think you are selling your community short with your views on diversity. I just wonder what your reaction would have been had Trump said that. 

24 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

I think you are selling your community short with your views on diversity. I just wonder what your reaction would have been had Trump said that. 

Umm I’m not selling my community short at all. Maybe go back and read what I said. My whole post was about the diversity of how those Latin communities vote vs. how my community votes based on them having different cultures, etc. That’s what I took from what Biden was saying. You don’t know my views on diversity. You took my post on the difference in how my community votes vs how the Latino community votes and subscribed it to my views on diversity. You want to know my views on diversity in my community outside of voting, my views on the lack of diversity in our country, or any of that. Just ask. But don’t try to tell me that I am selling my community short based on what I took from what he said. As far as my reaction if Trump had said it.. that’s complicated. It would matter what context it was in. It depends who he was saying it to. You know he likes to get in rooms of majority white people and say what do we have to lose while rarely ever going to black communities. Depends on if he says this after honoring the late great John Lewis. Depends on a lot. But the thing is, Trump has shown he’s a bad actor when it comes to my community. So I can’t trust his intent or the heart of the man until I see something different. But again don’t assume you know my views on anything if you are building that assumption of something you took out of context. Thanks. 

They may be Republican or Democratic. But they are still African Americans and for the most part there is some shared identity to that.

this statement is what made me talk about diversity. I didn’t take what Biden said as strictly diversity in voting but overall culture. So when you made this statement it read to me that you thought the Hispanic culture was more diverse because of all the reasons you gave. 

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

They may be Republican or Democratic. But they are still African Americans and for the most part there is some shared identity to that.

this statement is what made me talk about diversity. I didn’t take what Biden said as strictly diversity in voting but overall culture. So when you made this statement it read to me that you thought the Hispanic culture was more diverse because of all the reasons you gave. 

Ok so you read that. Did you not read anything else I wrote?? Because outside of that sentence. The whole post was about voting. I mean I say voting pretty frequently. I even end the post mentioning... voting. So maybe you took it as me thinking something but to do that you had to really focus on 1 sentence and ignore 99% of the post. That’s a little insulting. You maybe wanted to assume that and then you made it even worse by trying to tell me I am selling my community short. Which is even more insulting considering you know nothing about me not have you asked my views on diversity. You just took a line. Decided what you thought about that line and then subscribed it as my views on a topic. Hopefully you’re better than that as a person. I love my blackness. I love my community. I would never sell my community short on anything. I think we are a community of diverse people (outside of voting). Hell I’m different from my brother. To try to speak on how I  view my community without asking me, it’s cheap. What’s that saying... be better. 

PASTOR DARRELL SCOTT: Biden Can’t Hide His Disdain For Black Americans

Joe Biden just tried to butter up Latinos by telling them they aren’t as dumb as black people. Perhaps he would treat us with more respect if we were to play hard-to-get.

In an apparent effort to shore up his shaky support among Hispanics, the presumptive Democrat presidential nominee just lauded the “diversity” of the Latino community in remarks broadcast from his basement lair. Pandering to Hispanic American voters has been a central element of Biden’s campaign strategy throughout this election cycle, so another example shouldn’t have drawn much attention — except that Biden felt compelled to couch his platitude in language that implicitly denigrated the black community.

“What you all know, but most people don’t know, [is that] unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community, with incredibly different attitudes about different things,” Biden declared.

Wow. He should probably pick a Latina as his running mate, since he apparently thinks that all blacks are narrow-minded (with a few “notable exceptions” he never bothered to name).

The former vice president’s praise for Hispanic diversity is effusive and unambiguous — Biden clearly wanted his audience to know that he considers diversity to be an “incredibly” good thing in and of itself. By extension, of course, lack of diversity would have to be a negative. And according to Biden, there are only a few “notable exceptions” to the general rule that black Americans lack the diversity that Biden and other Democrats prize so greatly.

Then again, it’s also possible that Biden’s fulsome adulation of Hispanic “diversity” was actually intended to obscure the annoyance and disappointment seething just below the surface, because polling suggests that the diversity of the Latino community is actually hurting Biden’s prospects for becoming president.

One recent poll that has many Democrats nervously biting at their cuticles is a nationwide NPR survey that shows Biden with support from about 59 percent of Latino voters — significantly less than the 66 percent of Hispanic votes that Hillary Clinton collected on her way to an historic defeat in the 2016 election. That might seem like it would still qualify as a commanding lead, but the calculus behind the identity politics strategy that Democrats have embraced requires them to run up impossibly lopsided wins among minority voters in order to offset the loss of voters who are turned off by their efforts to pit Americans against each other based on physical characteristics.

Black voters have been a much more reliable Democrat constituency, consistently delivering 90 percent or more of our support to Democrat candidates for the better part of a half century. Biden managed to win more black votes than his opponents in the Democratic primaries — mainly by waiting until after he had locked up the nomination to embrace the far-left policies of his former rivals — and he seems to think this entitles him to the blind, unquestioning loyalty of black voters.

This isn’t the first time Biden has betrayed his disdain for black Americans. During a recent interview with black radio host Charlamagne tha God, Biden abruptly declared that he was out of time, then curtly rejected the host’s invitation to make a follow-up appearance on the program by explaining that he doesn’t feel any need to communicate with black voters.

“You’ve got more questions? Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” Biden snapped.

The former vice president proved that he’s learned absolutely nothing from that notorious incident with his condescending claim that the black community lacks diversity. He obviously has no respect for us or concern for our interests, yet arrogantly assumes that we’ll eagerly line up to cast our ballots on his behalf.

The only way to get through to people like that is to prove their underlying assumptions wrong. We’ll have a perfect opportunity to do just that in November.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/06/pastor-darrell-scott-biden-cant-hide-his-disdain-for-black-americans/

... Darrell Scott. Trump supporter. Trump surrogate. Comes out with slander on Joe Biden. Wow. Golly gee. I guess us black people have to rethink voting for Biden. Maybe we vote for Trump who has done not a thing to win our vote. Trump who again, insulted the legacy of John Lewis. Yeah ok. We really believe that Biden has destain for us. Sure. That’s why he is friends with Clyburn and has been in African American churches since before he was running. That’s why he was the VP to Obama. That’s why he’s likely to pick a black VP. All of that because he has destain for us. All while Trump is insulting us, trying to prevent us from voting, ignoring the deaths of us, ignoring the protests for equality. Yeah ok. 

6 hours ago, hornsups said:

You admire my conviction and dedication to my party??? I cannot say the same. I don’t admire people who show conviction for Trump. But if you think Trump is not suffering some cognitive issues... there’s not much I can say for you. I guess we will see in November who America thinks is better. 

The laughs keep rolling in.  I love how you never defend Bidens racist idiotic statements instead you deflect to "Look at what Trump said."  Sounds desperate to me. 

You have said Trump is a racist yet you have not once addressed any of Bidens racist comments.  Even the more recent ones.

You make a statement onTrump mispronounces Yosemite but never address the spaghetti sentences Biden constantly spews out of his piehole because he loses train of thought CONSTANTLY.  My favorite Biden response "I I I I am much forward looking to to to to having the Amercian voters uh uh judge my physical I mean my Mental physical fitness."

LOL and you sir wants this buffoon dealing with China and Russia all in the name of what?  Social Justice?

Lets get to the brass nuts shall we NAME ONE THING Obama or Biden did for the black community during their decades in office.  I can name atleast 3 things Trump has done in 4 years. 

This should be good.  Break out the popcorn.

28 minutes ago, hornsups said:

... Darrell Scott. Trump supporter. Trump surrogate. Comes out with slander on Joe Biden. Wow. Golly gee. I guess us black people have to rethink voting for Biden. Maybe we vote for Trump who has done not a thing to win our vote. Trump who again, insulted the legacy of John Lewis. Yeah ok. We really believe that Biden has destain for us. Sure. That’s why he is friends with Clyburn and has been in African American churches since before he was running. That’s why he was the VP to Obama. That’s why he’s likely to pick a black VP. All of that because he has destain for us. All while Trump is insulting us, trying to prevent us from voting, ignoring the deaths of us, ignoring the protests for equality. Yeah ok. 

You probably need to look up "slander" because it doesn't belong in your response. 

The whole column is about Biden's words, from a black pastor. We're all allowed to have an opinion on a candidate's own words. 

Name one thing Trump has done to prevent you from voting. Just one.

Btw, Black unemployment went up under Obama/Biden. Set record for number of Blacks put on food stamps.

Trump set records for Black Unemployment, Blacks off food stamps, new Black owned businesses, etc., 

But we can see clearly from all the help Trump has provided that he's the racist and Biden just didn't have the right opportunity after 40 years in Washington.

You're a true piece of work there. lol

4 hours ago, drgilbert said:

When Trump says anything its racist.  Biden is immune.  Biden just called all Blacks monolithic but nah thats not racist.  If Trump eats a burrito its cultural appropriation

ac471419-59e4-4865-bb7f-42eb5b9115d4-AP_

2 minutes ago, DMAC said:

The laughs keep rolling in.  I love how you never defend Bidens racist idiotic statements instead you deflect to "Look at what Trump said."  Sounds desperate to me. 

You have said Trump is a racist yet you have not once addressed any of Bidens racist comments.  Even the more recent ones.

You make a statement onTrump mispronounces Yosemite but never address the spaghetti sentences Biden constantly spews out of his piehole because he loses train of thought CONSTANTLY.  My favorite Biden response "I I I I am much forward looking to to to to having the Amercian voters uh uh judge my physical I mean my Mental physical fitness."

LOL and you sir wants this buffoon dealing with China and Russia all in the name of what?  Social Justice?

Lets get to the brass nuts shall we NAME ONE THING Obama or Biden did for the black community during their decades in office.  I can name atleast 3 things Trump has done in 4 years. 

This should be good.  Break out the popcorn.

Let me guess.. one of those things you want to give to Trump is the low unemployment rate. You want to do that like the number reset to a number & then Trump brought it down. You don’t want to admit that Barack Obama lowered the black unemployment rate significantly while in office. So that’s one thing he has done. Another would be that the high school dropout rate fell to a historic low for African Americans under Obama. The Affordable Care Act lowered the amount of uninsured African Americans. He signed the Fair Sentencing Act. He started the My Brothers Keeper initiative that was focused on improving the lives of black men. I’m mean that’s just a few things. Not to mention the pride he instilled in us seeing a black man in the White House. That’s something our community never thought would happen. He gave us something you cannot understand. The picture of the little kid touching his hair. You don’t get that. And that’s fine. But don’t pretend you know what Obama has done or not done for a community you don’t belong to. Go check the polls numbers on how we feel about Obama. They won’t lie to you. He remains beloved by us. 

This board is filled with most older white men. Y’all have different life experiences and different beliefs. I’m a minority in life as it is. There’s no need for me to have to be a minority on a board with people I don’t know, who hold opinions that tend to insult me and people I care about. I’ve spent too much time as it is responding to stuff on here. I’m done. I’m not gonna waste my keystrokes for men who will never truly see the hurt, struggle & experiences of people who don’t look like them. It’s pointless. With that. I’m done. You guys can keep your opinions going. I won’t be responding to any of the nonsense here anymore.

3 hours ago, hornsups said:

Let me guess.. one of those things you want to give to Trump is the low unemployment rate. You want to do that like the number reset to a number & then Trump brought it down. You don’t want to admit that Barack Obama lowered the black unemployment rate significantly while in office. So that’s one thing he has done. Another would be that the high school dropout rate fell to a historic low for African Americans under Obama. The Affordable Care Act lowered the amount of uninsured African Americans. He signed the Fair Sentencing Act. He started the My Brothers Keeper initiative that was focused on improving the lives of black men. I’m mean that’s just a few things. Not to mention the pride he instilled in us seeing a black man in the White House. That’s something our community never thought would happen. He gave us something you cannot understand. The picture of the little kid touching his hair. You don’t get that. And that’s fine. But don’t pretend you know what Obama has done or not done for a community you don’t belong to. Go check the polls numbers on how we feel about Obama. They won’t lie to you. He remains beloved by us. 

Obama led the slowest recovery in American history. 

Trump did Criminal justice reform Not Obama and Biden.  Matter of fact Biden was key leading the charge in bills that led to incarcerating black people for lesser offenses

Trump gave all black colleges more money.  Not BIden and Obama.

Obama did one thing increased food stamp usage to historic highs.

But don’t pretend you know what Obama has done or not done for a community you don’t belong to. Go check the polls numbers on how we feel about Obama. They won’t lie to you. He remains beloved by us. 

LOL.  I am an American so I dont have to pretend.  You are an American.  So you can shove that shit where the sun doesnt shine buddy. 

You sound like the racist with the you dont belong crap and the old white guys. 

BTW this is for you.  TRUMPS A RACIST but somehow he dated a black woman for 2 years.  Neat trick.

merlin-to-scoop-126086027-896271-superJu

3 hours ago, hornsups said:

This board is filled with most older white men. Y’all have different life experiences and different beliefs. I’m a minority in life as it is. There’s no need for me to have to be a minority on a board with people I don’t know, who hold opinions that tend to insult me and people I care about. I’ve spent too much time as it is responding to stuff on here. I’m done. I’m not gonna waste my keystrokes for men who will never truly see the hurt, struggle & experiences of people who don’t look like them. It’s pointless. With that. I’m done. You guys can keep your opinions going. I won’t be responding to any of the nonsense here anymore.

You know, I'd bet there isn't a single individual on this thread who has done anything to thwart or hinder any person of color, ever. You complain that our opinions insult you, did you ever stop to think that your opinions do the same to some of us? 

Do you want socialism? Biden will take us down that path. His VP will be the de facto POTUS and Pelosi, Nadler, Schumer and AOC will be running the show. Do you like owning property and/or nice things? You won't get the chance once they grab all the power.