Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

scary jarbro

**Official Bourbon, it's a lifestyle thread**

Okay, I once received a bottle of Rip Van Winkle bourbon as a thank you gift from someone I gave an English Bulldog to. I used to drink bourbon but can't anymore so it sat on the shelf in my closet for six years.

Then, there was a raffle for a guy who needed help and I donated the bottle to the raffle, having no idea what it was worth. So I looked it up right before posting it.

Sheet! That bottle went for $850. I had no idea what I had. lol

43 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Okay, I once received a bottle of Rip Van Winkle bourbon as a thank you gift from someone I gave an English Bulldog to. I used to drink bourbon but can't anymore so it sat on the shelf in my closet for six years.

Then, there was a raffle for a guy who needed help and I donated the bottle to the raffle, having no idea what it was worth. So I looked it up right before posting it.

Sheet! That bottle went for $850. I had no idea what I had. lol

What was age PVW 15 year?

7 minutes ago, Rookie97 said:

What was age PVW 15 year?

I can't remember.

The dog I gave him was a $1800 dog, but I didn't ask him for money because I just wanted the dog to have a good home. He had started biting my other dogs, so he needed a new home with no other dogs. The guy who took him was from orange bloods, a coach in the Ft Smith area of Arkansas. He just showed up with that bottle and gave it to me when I answered the door.

There were several times I had been tempted to open that bottle and take a swig. I'm glad I didn't. lol

The raffle was for LonghornRealtor's family, if you remember him. He was a good friend to me.

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I can't remember.

The dog I gave him was a $1800 dog, but I didn't ask him for money because I just wanted the dog to have a good home. He had started biting my other dogs, so he needed a new home with no other dogs. The guy who took him was from orange bloods, a coach in the Ft Smith area of Arkansas. He just showed up with that bottle and gave it to me when I answered the door.

There were several times I had been tempted to open that bottle and take a swig. I'm glad I didn't. lol

The raffle was for LonghornRealtor's family, if you remember him. He was a good friend to me.

Sounds like it went to great cause for LHR’a family.

1 hour ago, DBut82 said:

Have any of you tried Uncle Nearest?  I love it.  My favorite is probably Buffalo Trace 😀  C'mon weekend!

i think uncle nearest sources from Dickel so you may be able to just get some Dickel bottled in bond type and save you 30$. other dickels you might try are the new Smooth Ambler old scouts that say single barrel 13 year. 

if you like the buffalo trace you might step into 1792 full proof, russells reserve single barrels (the red bottle) or ultimately Old Forester 1920

30 minutes ago, TexasMcBizzle said:

i think uncle nearest sources from Dickel so you may be able to just get some Dickel bottled in bond type and save you 30$. other dickels you might try are the new Smooth Ambler old scouts that say single barrel 13 year. 

if you like the buffalo trace you might step into 1792 full proof, russells reserve single barrels (the red bottle) or ultimately Old Forester 1920

Shouldn’t “ultimately” end with some Garrison Brothers or did they cut you from the payroll?

3 hours ago, TexasMcBizzle said:

Thanks TexasMcBizzle!  I'll be sure to check those out!