Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

1) you’re either obtuse to the point that’s been stated repeatedly here or you’re purposefully missing it to Go on your woke tangent.   

if this is about our black athletes fearing they are going to be killed by the police - okay, then leave politics out of it.  BLM pushes a Marxist agenda.  And if UT athletics donates money to them - I think it would be a big mistake.  

2) yes, it’s “their right.”   And - I’m sure Texas will be just fine without me as well.  But one thing I’ve noticed - going way back to college, is left wing types seem to be much more activist and vocal about their opinions.  That is neither good nor bad I suppose - but it gives them the idea that everyone agrees with them because conservative types are less vocal.  ESPN learned this the hard way, as did the NFL.    If UT donates money to BLM (political organization) there may be consequences beyond what I do... but I think that you knew what I meant.  

3) the fact that I don’t know what someone has been through does not necessarily mean that they are right and I’m wrong.  

And as for your conclusion.....  there we have it - I had to read through a bunch of clap-trap to get to it - but because I disagree with horns up - I’m a racist and mourn for the Confederate flag.   Can you not see your own blatant hypocrisy?   I’m scolded for criticizing actions without “knowing what they’ve been through,” but you judge me because we disagree on politics.  Priceless!

1) Woke tangent?? Guy I don’t have to be woke to understand where they are coming from. I’ve experienced it. I was born “woke”. So nice try.  As for BLM having Marxist agenda. I would say stop listening to people and maybe talk to people who are saying BLM. There isn’t a catch all because some says that. 

2) Please so me where ESPN & the NFL learned the hard way because I’m sure as hell looking at DIS stock and it’s still performing pretty well. Hell wish they did take a hit, I could get it for cheaper. And people swore Nike was gonna take a hit too for supporting Kaep but they are still killing it too. 

3) I didn’t say that not knowing what someone went through makes them right or wrong. Go read it again man. I just informed you it doesn’t make time ill-equipped to talk about something. 

And as for my “conclusion”... where did I say you were racists. You’re either obtuse to what I’ve said on here or you’re purposefully ignoring it to make you’re “hypocrisy” point. If I think you’re racist, I will tell you point blank. I just commented that I would expect you to be against people having the confederate flag at NASCAR events because that’s political & you’re against politics in the athletic forums. That’s all I said. Then I kinda did an analogy. I mean all I did there was point to two groups who were trying to destroy the USA’s way of life. Not too much controversy there. I don’t see where I judged you based on politics. I mean I didn’t say your loved the flag or that you supported it in anyway. Nice try though. 

2 minutes ago, hornsups said:

1) Woke tangent?? Guy I don’t have to be woke to understand where they are coming from. I’ve experienced it. I was born “woke”. So nice try.  As for BLM having Marxist agenda. I would say stop listening to people and maybe talk to people who are saying BLM. There isn’t a catch all because some says that. 

2) Please so me where ESPN & the NFL learned the hard way because I’m sure as hell looking at DIS stock and it’s still performing pretty well. Hell wish they did take a hit, I could get it for cheaper. And people swore Nike was gonna take a hit too for supporting Kaep but they are still killing it too. 

3) I didn’t say that not knowing what someone went through makes them right or wrong. Go read it again man. I just informed you it doesn’t make time ill-equipped to talk about something. 

And as for my “conclusion”... where did I say you were racists. You’re either obtuse to what I’ve said on here or you’re purposefully ignoring it to make you’re “hypocrisy” point. If I think you’re racist, I will tell you point blank. I just commented that I would expect you to be against people having the confederate flag at NASCAR events because that’s political & you’re against politics in the athletic forums. That’s all I said. Then I kinda did an analogy. I mean all I did there was point to two groups who were trying to destroy the USA’s way of life. Not too much controversy there. I don’t see where I judged you based on politics. I mean I didn’t say your loved the flag or that you supported it in anyway. Nice try though. 

1) I’ve read the BLM manifesto, researched who leadership is and what they are saying / calling for at various rally’s.  Not everyone who disagrees with you simply parrots what conservative pundits tell them to think.  

2) Ratings took a big hit - because both became political.  ESPNs CEO admitted it was a mistake allowing it. 

3) It’s pretty clear what suggesting I am upset at the absence of confederate flags means.  Play coy all you want.  The racist charge simply for conservatism is deplorable and tired. And FYI - I was born in the northeast. 

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

1) I’ve read the BLM manifesto, researched who leadership is and what they are saying / calling for at various rally’s.  Not everyone who disagrees with you simply parrots what conservative pundits tell them to think.  

2) Ratings took a big hit - because both became political.  ESPNs CEO admitted it was a mistake allowing it. 

3) It’s pretty clear what suggesting I am upset at the absence of confederate flags means.  Play coy all you want.  The racist charge simply for conservatism is deplorable and tired. And FYI - I was born in the northeast. 

1) So you did research on a manifesto. Again you are telling people that anyone who supports the idea that black lives matter is subscribe to Marxism. 

2) Ratings took a big hit?? But did their bottom line take a big hit?? I don’t see any NFL owners or teams hurting. I don’t see ESPN hurting. I see Roger Goodell coming out saying black lives matter, so obviously they didn’t learn.

3) I never said or suggested you were upset about the absence of the confederate flag. Go look at what I said man. It’s not in some secret code. Again I don’t need to play coy. If I think you’re racist and I will tell you. I will make sure everyone sees it because racists need to be called out. And I have never called any a racist for being a conservative. Again if you go read my previous posts. I’m sure you will see one where I listed conservatives I didn’t think were and said I could name more. So again nice try. Oh and being from the northeast doesn’t mean anything. 

Babers with a pretty good idea. Could everyone live with this?

https://www.kvue.com/article/sports/ncaa/longhorns/eyes-of-texas-compromise-babers-proposes-julius-whittier-section/269-498d5a1e-5b79-4298-a7e2-c1819eb0d383

"Texas should name part of DKR to commemorate Julius Whittier, 1st black letterman in #Texas Football history. Distinguish the section in a way to honorably memorialize him. Put the band in that section & sing the “Eyes of Texas” w/ players/ fans facing the Julius Whittier section "

26 minutes ago, hornsups said:

1) So you did research on a manifesto. Again you are telling people that anyone who supports the idea that black lives matter is subscribe to Marxism. 

2) Ratings took a big hit?? But did their bottom line take a big hit?? I don’t see any NFL owners or teams hurting. I don’t see ESPN hurting. I see Roger Goodell coming out saying black lives matter, so obviously they didn’t learn.

3) I never said or suggested you were upset about the absence of the confederate flag. Go look at what I said man. It’s not in some secret code. Again I don’t need to play coy. If I think you’re racist and I will tell you. I will make sure everyone sees it because racists need to be called out. And I have never called any a racist for being a conservative. Again if you go read my previous posts. I’m sure you will see one where I listed conservatives I didn’t think were and said I could name more. So again nice try. Oh and being from the northeast doesn’t mean anything. 

1) no no no!  Many sending BLM money and supporting them have no idea what the real agenda is.  

I’m going to start a pro-life, pro-religious Liberty, pro-capitalist organization, and name it “Irish people deserve to live.”  If you disagree with the politics, then you hate Irish.  See what I did there?

of course black lives matter.  The left wing hasn’t cornered the market on that idea.  

2) Ratings took a big hit. That means $$$.  You can deny that all you want. 

3) Bravo for your short list of conservatives that you believe aren’t racists.  Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

42 minutes ago, hornsups said:

Thats not what he said. He specifically said Black Lives Matter, not the mere "idea" that black lives matter.

Not sure why or how that became confusing. Maybe it was more useful when taken out of context?

As far as I can tell Black lives don't matter to Black Lives Matter, unless the life is taken by a police officer. The black on black crime, which dominates the black community to a tune of 95%, can't even garner a mention from Black Lives Matter supporters.

How can you take that seriously? You can't even live up to your own name?

14 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

1) no no no!  Many sending BLM money and supporting them have no idea what the real agenda is.  

I’m going to start a pro-life, pro-religious Liberty, pro-capitalist organization, and name it “Irish people deserve to live.”  If you disagree with the politics, then you hate Irish.  See what I did there?

of course black lives matter.  The left wing hasn’t cornered the market on that idea.  

2) Ratings took a big hit. That means $$$.  You can deny that all you want. 

3) Bravo for your short list of conservatives that you believe aren’t racists.  Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Again I’m looking at the stock for Disney which owns ESPN. Looks good to me. Up $1.35 today. Nike up $3.00. NFL, still passing out big contracts. I don’t see a big hit. I see money being made. But I guess the stock market doesn’t matter now. 

My short list.. yet I said I could name more if needed. Just said to name a few. But even if that was the end of my list, it kinda defeats your point of linking racism to conservatism.  But as I said I could name more. So, you’re speaking nonsense. Good day sir. 

2 minutes ago, hornsups said:

Again I’m looking at the stock for Disney which owns ESPN. Looks good to me. Up $1.35 today. Nike up $3.00. NFL, still passing out big contracts. I don’t see a big hit. I see money being made. But I guess the stock market doesn’t matter now. 

My short list.. yet I said I could name more if needed. Just said to name a few. But even if that was the end of my list, it kinda defeats your point of linking racism to conservatism.  But as I said I could name more. So, you’re speaking nonsense. Good day sir. 

What NFL teams are passing out big contracts? I must have missed that.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats not what he said. He specifically said Black Lives Matter, not the mere "idea" that black lives matter.

Not sure why or how that became confusing. Maybe it was more useful when taken out of context?

As far as I can tell Black lives don't matter to Black Lives Matter, unless the life is taken by a police officer. The black on black crime, which dominates the black community to a tune of 95%, can't even garner a mention from Black Lives Matter supporters.

How can you take that seriously? You can't even live up to your own name?

Guys.. if you’re gonna keep with black on black crime talking point, you show a lack of awareness of what’s going on in African American communities. There’s is & has been a lot of people working to deal with black on black crime. Just because you don’t see it on TV doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Yes this includes people trying to fight that in Chicago. Please stop with these ill-informed & insulting talking points. We care about black on black crime. We are fighting that battle too. And again people tend to kill people in their community. So the whole 95% stat is kinda a duh. White people kill white people at a higher rate as well. Shocking. 

One murder in Minneapolis causes uproar across the land.

100 murders in Chicago barely gets a mention on the news.

I don't have to prove my point. It's being provided day by day by day for me.

1 minute ago, hornsups said:

Guys.. if you’re gonna keep with black on black crime talking point, you show a lack of awareness of what’s going on in African American communities. There’s is & has been a lot of people working to deal with black on black crime. Just because you don’t see it on TV doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Yes this includes people trying to fight that in Chicago. Please stop with these ill-informed & insulting talking points. We care about black on black crime. We are fighting that battle too. And again people tend to kill people in their community. So the whole 95% stat is kinda a duh. White people kill white people at a higher rate as well. Shocking. 

I don't think it's about a lack of awareness, unless you're referring to how you responded to something nobody said.

Who is working on black on black crime? Who? Can you name one person who does that? Can you name one person who has protested that?

Just one?

Pardon me for asking for some sort of support for what you said. Its just that we look around and see no one giving a rat's ass about blacks who lose their lives to other blacks. Taking your word for it is asking a bit too much, I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, hornsups said:

ESPN is way down… The CEO said that it was a mistake to allow politics onto the “all sports station”. Thank you for the update on Disney stocks.

Approximately 50% of America is politically conservative. But you posted on a forum your list of those that are not racist. I’d like you to post more about your list… Your list does more to bolster the points I’m trying to make than anything I could write.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

What NFL teams are passing out big contracts? I must have missed that.

CM just said a huge contract. Pat Mahomes is set to get a big one. Dak was just given the FT for 30 million for one year and that will be followed by a huge contract. Julio Jones signed a big extension in September. I will say like y’all tell others... it’s on the internet. Go look it up. 

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

One murder in Minneapolis causes uproar across the land.

100 murders in Chicago barely gets a mention on the news.

I don't have to prove my point. It's being provided day by day by day for me.

It’s not politically expedient.

Just now, hornsups said:

CM just said a huge contract. Pat Mahomes is set to get a big one. Dak was just given the FT for 30 million for one year and that will be followed by a huge contract. Julio Jones signed a big extension in September. I will say like y’all tell others... it’s on the internet. Go look it up. 

Who is CM? What huge contract? Do you have a link? Surely a "huge" contract will justify a story?

Mahomes is set to get one? But you said the NFL was PASSING out big contracts. That says its happening. Not that you're hoping it happens or think it's going to happen.

Dak was given a franchise tag. There was no choice in this matter. Maybe he'll get something more, later, but thats certainly not been determined by anybody.

September 2019 was a long, long time ago and would have nothing to do with what is happening today.

This is why we have to check what you say so much. We'd like to have a conversation where our time isn't dominated by this. We can't stay on one subject because you're wanting to defend things you just seem to make up on the fly.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think it's about a lack of awareness, unless you're referring to how you responded to something nobody said.

Who is working on black on black crime? Who? Can you name one person who does that? Can you name one person who has protested that?

Just one?

Pardon me for asking for some sort of support for what you said. Its just that we look around and see no one giving a rat's ass about blacks who lose their lives to other blacks. Taking your word for it is asking a bit too much, I'm afraid.

Lol want 1 person... Colin Kaepernick. Who the person who is most known with the NFL protest actually has been working on the thing you have never heard about. I mean I guess you guys only paid attention to his kneeling and policing and didn’t look into everything his was doing. That’s on you. There are so many organizations in Chicago aimed at stopping crime and giving their communities outlets to better themselves. If you don’t wanna do the research on that, again that’s on you. 

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Who is CM? What huge contract? Do you have a link? Surely a "huge" contract will justify a story?

Mahomes is set to get one? But you said the NFL was PASSING out big contracts. That says its happening. Not that you're hoping it happens or think it's going to happen.

Dak was given a franchise tag. There was no choice in this matter. Maybe he'll get something more, later, but thats certainly not been determined by anybody.

September 2019 was a long, long time ago and would have nothing to do with what is happening today.

This is why we have to check what you say so much. We'd like to have a conversation where our time isn't dominated by this. We can't stay on one subject because you're wanting to defend things you just seem to make up on the fly.

Oh sorry thought you were in the know. Christian McCaffrey is CM. So maybe look that up. Julio Jones was a long long time ago but someone is arguing ratings have been down. There hasn’t been a season in 2020 so that has to be based on 2019 rating. But you just said 2019 was long long ago. Wow that’s some way of thinking there. Dak was given 30 million for 1 year, doesn’t matter if he had to take it. He was given 30 million dollar for a year. That’s a lot if money is drying up due to ratings. So show me where something is made up. I didn’t change the subject. Someone else mentions NFL ratings and money but I’m preventing you from staying on subject. 👍🏿 

13 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

ESPN is way down… The CEO said that it was a mistake to allow politics onto the “all sports station”. Thank you for the update on Disney stocks.

Approximately 50% of America is politically conservative. But you posted on a forum your list of those that are not racist. I’d like you to post more about your list… Your list does more to bolster the points I’m trying to make than anything I could write.

50% of America are not politically conservative. And I’m the one someone says is making stuff up on the fly. Sure guy. Lol you want me to name more people who aren’t racist?? I mean how about you name some people and I will tell you if I think they are racist or not. 

6 minutes ago, hornsups said:

50% of America are not politically conservative. And I’m the one someone says is making stuff up on the fly. Sure guy. Lol you want me to name more people who aren’t racist?? I mean how about you name some people and I will tell you if I think they are racist or not. 

You left out approximately.  Keep talking.  Keep scolding others for prejudging.  This is great - how many political conservatives have made your “not a racist list?”

There’s no use talking to someone who has had a certain view on things for 20-40 years. Nothing I say will mean anything to them. They will only revert back to their thinking. With that I’m done with any conversations with anyone on this board. It’s not worth my time or breath. Better to use with people with an open mind. Good day sirs. 

1 minute ago, 83Dee said:

You left out approximately.  Keep talking.  Keep scolding others for prejudging.  This is great - how many political conservatives ha e made your “not a racist list?”

Good day sir