🎶 The Official HornSports Music Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was goofing around on YouTube yesterday...I mean working not goofing around, I never goof around while I'm working on a laptop all day because of COVID...and saw what I assumed was a ditzy blonde wa

I'd be happy with just being able to impersonate this lady...  

Wired! Another one that I considered who I think doesn't get enough credit is David Gilmour.

Posted Images

On 3/21/2020 at 8:53 AM, tejasrulz said:

If you saw Van Halen open for Black Sabbath in Austin, I was there also. I was a big Black Sabbath fan in the day but they weren't very good for that show.

LOL was about to post something similar.  I saw Van Halen in Amarillo and they killed it.  Loved Black Sabbath and could not wait.   the only concert I ever left early.  the sound was horrible.  Van Halen made it worth it though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 10:51 AM, Sirhornsalot said:

I spent two decades in the media and would often call in media credentials to go to concerts. Great seats. Got to take pics and sometimes meet the artists. All I had to do was write an after the fact review of the show. Great times.

I would agree that Molly Hatchett was about as loud as it gets. Pink Floyd was loud. Van Halen was loud. Scorpions were loud.

As for best overall show/performance that I saw – probably Phil Collins. He gave us more than three hours of just beautiful music, spent some time on the drums, brought the house down with "in the air tonight." Visit: 

https://sharma-vivek.com/

The performance I probably enjoyed the most was Don Henley's second solo tour "end of the innocence." Just a very laid back atmosphere and enjoyable show. Enjoyed seeing him on drums again.

Worst show I ever saw was Cheap Trick. Night Ranger opened for them and blew them away. And this was when CT had a hot album out, too.

Most disappointing show – Stevie Nicks. I had a HUGE crush on this woman for so long and was very excited to see her live and from three rows back, in the middle.

Wrong. I was surrounded by, um, certain types of fans of Stevie Nicks and Stevie Nicks came out looking like Butkus. She was huge. I lost my crush the moment she came out. lol

Thank you

1 hour ago, viveksharma said:

Thank you

I stated earlier that Molley Hatchet- The Outlaws was the loudest concert I had been to. But upon further reflection. The Lynyrd Skynyrd reunion concert at Reunion Arena was the loudest. When they played "Free Bird" with the straw hat hanging on the microphone stand you could barely recognize the notes it was so loud.