Find results in...

🎶 The Official HornSports Music Thread

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was goofing around on YouTube yesterday...I mean working not goofing around, I never goof around while I'm working on a laptop all day because of COVID...and saw what I assumed was a ditzy blonde wa

I'd be happy with just being able to impersonate this lady...  

Wired! Another one that I considered who I think doesn't get enough credit is David Gilmour.

Posted Images

On 3/14/2020 at 12:21 AM, Sirhornsalot said:

I spent two decades in the media and would often call in media credentials to go to concerts. Great seats. Got to take pics and sometimes meet the artists. All I had to do was write an after the fact review of the show. Great times.

I would agree that Molly Hatchett was about as loud as it gets. Pink Floyd was loud. Van Halen was loud. Scorpions were loud.

As for best overall show/performance that I saw – probably Phil Collins. He gave us more than three hours of just beautiful music, spent some time on the drums, brought the house down with "in the air tonight."

The performance I probably enjoyed the most was Don Henley's second solo tour "end of the innocence." Just a very laid back atmosphere and enjoyable show. Enjoyed seeing him on drums again.

Worst show I ever saw was Cheap Trick. Night Ranger opened for them and blew them away. And this was when CT had a hot album out, too.

Most disappointing show – Stevie Nicks. I had a HUGE crush on this woman for so long and was very excited to see her live and from three rows back, in the middle.

Wrong. I was surrounded by, um, certain types of fans of Stevie Nicks and Stevie Nicks came out looking like Butkus. She was huge. I lost my crush the moment she came out. lol

Cheap Trick was absolutely the worst show I've seen and the only concert that I've ever walked out of...horrible.

I took my wife to see Phil Collins and have to agree, one of the best I've seen and "In the Air Tonight" is hands down the best song from any artist that I've seen live.

The loudest concert was Sammy Hagar's "VOA" tour at the Summit.  Sammy's one of the guys that you know would play all night if they'd let him, I've seen him a couple of times since and had a blast every time.  Krokus opened for Sammy on the VOA tour...I didn't listen to them much before the concert or after the concert but they put on a good show that night and were a blast to watch.

A close second when it comes to volume was KISS.  I didn't get to see them until their first farewell tour with Peter and Ace but they were still rocking!  When I was a kid we pulled up to my cousin's house in Baton Rouge, my aunt walked up gave me a hug and told me that my cousin had gone to the KISS concert about an hour before and had a ticket for me...no one would take me up there to find him.  I'm still holding a grudge...

The funnest concerts...Jimmy Buffett!  I've been a Parrothead longer than I'd care to admit and have seen him at least 40 times...lost count after that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/8/2020 at 3:05 PM, Baron said:

The best drummer ever.

Love me some Rush.  Saw them up here in WA a few years back.  Their show was better and tighter than the Power Windows tour I saw back at FEC in Austin while I was at UT. 

13 hours ago, joeywa said:

Love me some Rush.  Saw them up here in WA a few years back.  Their show was better and tighter than the Power Windows tour I saw back at FEC in Austin while I was at UT. 

I saw them during the 2112 tour as a backup band for Blue Oyster Cult. That my friend was a great show!

On 6/18/2020 at 11:59 PM, joeywa said:

The last time I saw them was at the amphitheater at Fair Park. A 3 hour show. The last time I heard 2112 in its entirety, live of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 7/4/2020 at 2:49 PM, DBut82 said:

Ok I like blue so we can do that! I don't wanna fight you anymore lol

I like rap DBut, so I have your back.  Well, I like the old school 80's/90's rap. And is what comes out these days really considered rap or R&B?  Drake... Future.... 

I'll just throw this out there - White Iverson by Post Malone is genius and a jam.

3 hours ago, Aaron Carrara said:

I like rap DBut, so I have your back.  Well, I like the old school 80's/90's rap. And is what comes out these days really considered rap or R&B?  Drake... Future.... 

I'll just throw this out there - White Iverson by Post Malone is genius and a jam.

Thanks!  And I'm in 100% agreement.  I have no clue what these guys are doing these days lol!  An "White Iverson" is my favorite Post Malone track.