Find results in...

***⛑ Coronavirus Thread***

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, let’s try to keep political views at a minimum. Several of you have made it very clear where you stand on the political spectrum. This thread should be for discussion about COVID, not for campai

Media-driven. I'm going to continue my day to day just as I always have. Simple hygiene as we're supposed to do anyway goes far against catching anything. Frankly, I'm more worried about catching the

Posted Images

On 5/12/2020 at 8:14 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

I've heard wearing gloves is actually not good, unless you're changing gloves every time you touch something anyone else touches.

There is an art to wearing gloves and masks.  I actually took a med school class on the application of medical gear and the hows and whys. The original use of gloves and masks were to protect patients from dirty old medical teams.  The same is true today.  If you were ever hospitalize you might have noted that when nurses and docs don gloves and masks, as they enter your room, they also discard them when they leave.

4 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

There is an art to wearing gloves and masks.  I actually took a med school glass on the application of medical gear and the hows and whys. The original use of gloves and masks were to protect patients from dirty old medical teams.  The same is true today.  If you were ever hospitalize you might have noted that when nurses and docs don gloves and masks, as they enter your room, they also discard them when they leave.

exactly

Daughter's boyfriend had several friends who were exposed to a person who tested positive, So he and my daughter got tested, he was positive, she was negative. The doctor stated even though she tested negative, it's just a matter of time before she tests positive. So both are in 2 week quarantine now. 

13 hours ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

I'm curious. Does this mean that all doctors and nurses who treated Covid19 patients will test positive? Question is not meant to be sarcastic or disrespectful, I'm just trying to follow logic. Thanks.

Only if they kiss.  😉  She is getting retested Thursday. Funny thing is she's a nurse and we were worried she'd catch it at work.

21 hours ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

I'm curious. Does this mean that all doctors and nurses who treated Covid19 patients will test positive? Question is not meant to be sarcastic or disrespectful, I'm just trying to follow logic. Thanks.

The best way for for doctors and nurses to not get Covid 19 is to have protection. Especially N95 masks. Unfortunately, while others countries were supplying themselves in January, our country decided that this was a hoax and no worse than the flu. The result is needless deaths to doctors and nurses on the front lines.

Abbott is right. If people would just wear masks and maintain social distancing as much as possible it would control the spread every bit as much as the shelter in place crap. All the statistics show that. The shut down cost more lives than it saved, most likely.

11 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Abbott is right. If people would just wear masks and maintain social distancing as much as possible it would control the spread every bit as much as the shelter in place crap. All the statistics show that. The shut down cost more lives than it saved, most likely.

Agree, but as we see not everyone will wear masks.

In the area where I live, the vast majority do not wear masks. It doesn’t make me feel silly when I wear one, but vulnerable.

When doctors are adhering to the protocol, and they are some of the most meticulous, who am I to question it. 

On the plus side, I was told a swimming pool, with chlorine, that limits occupancy, and practices social distancing is likely pretty safe if outside. UV light + chlorine likely kills corona virus.  Makes sense to me.