Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***⛑ Coronavirus Thread***

4 hours ago, primal defense said:

It won't work until we have an antibody test. I hope you have been working on an accurate test so we can go back to work.

Abbott announces new coronavirus antibody test that could do up to 20 million screenings in June

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/new-coronavirus-antibody-test-announced-by-abbott.html

Me? Working on a test? Aren't you quite the wise-ass. I am fortunate enough to work for an essential company so I'm going to work every day and earning a paycheck. If we as a nation don't get the economy started again were all going to be hurting for money. The Gov't can't afford to pay a third of the country for an extended period of time. Not to mention corporate bail outs as this thing drags along.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, let’s try to keep political views at a minimum. Several of you have made it very clear where you stand on the political spectrum. This thread should be for discussion about COVID, not for campai

Media-driven. I'm going to continue my day to day just as I always have. Simple hygiene as we're supposed to do anyway goes far against catching anything. Frankly, I'm more worried about catching the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

See the source image

Poverty kills more people than heart attacks and strokes combined. If the economy doesn't get restarted the number of people at or below the poverty line are going to increase dramatically.

One other thing. The first ammendment is being shredded before our very eyes and some you don't even realize it.

On 4/15/2020 at 4:10 PM, Baron said:

Me? Working on a test? Aren't you quite the wise-ass. I am fortunate enough to work for an essential company so I'm going to work every day and earning a paycheck. If we as a nation don't get the economy started again were all going to be hurting for money. The Gov't can't afford to pay a third of the country for an extended period of time. Not to mention corporate bail outs as this thing drags along.

Public companies shouldn't be given a government bailout.  They have other means of raising capitol such as selling bonds or secondary offerings.  Its absurd how our government rewards incompetence.  Buy back billions of dollars of your own stock every year then require tax funded bailout to keep from laying off employees.  I didnt file for PPP or unemployment.,   We saved our money.  This bullshit is very much like th financial crisis in 2009 where we help the irresponsible people buying homes they couldnt afford and bailing out corporations because of their bad loans, etc.

As a small business owner we have prepared to weather the next down turn and now our tax payer dollars are going to Boeing because they were irresponsible for a decade?  F@#K them. 

Not to mention Delta and the other airlines.  They ask for help now but I swear the baggage fees and flight cancellation fees etc  F@#K them too.

This will be around until there is a vaccine and will probably spike again.  China screwed us all.  They could have been more transparent.  They could have cut off international flights into and out of Wuhan when they cut off their own domestic flights.

I agree though at some point the economic damage from this will be far worse than the virus itself.  We lost every job since 2009 in just a matter of weeks.  That damage will take YEARS if not another decade to come back. 

Every crisis brings about more government trampling on your right.  The patriot act was abused and this tracking bullshit is no different.  Some people couldnt care less about their right and privacy, I am not one of them.

/end rant

How are all you cats doing?  Any of you caught the virus or know someone who did?

I've been driving back and firth between Katy and Brenham and have yet to hear of anyone who has caught the virus.

Daughter and her family visited the farm and she caught an 8 bass out of my #2 tank.  Her vet business is doing okay, but she has to meet her clients outside to pick up and deliver their pets.  It's a strange world right now,

I'm ready for some football - high school or college.  I couldn't care less about the NFL.

13 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

How are all you cats doing?  Any of you caught the virus or know someone who did?

I've been driving back and firth between Katy and Brenham and have yet to hear of anyone who has caught the virus.

Daughter and her family visited the farm and she caught an 8 bass out of my #2 tank.  Her vet business is doing okay, but she has to meet her clients outside to pick up and deliver their pets.  It's a strange world right now,

I'm ready for some football - high school or college.  I couldn't care less about the NFL.

What's up Doc? (LOL, forgive me, I had too).  Yes, I know a couple of people, classmates actually, who have caught the virus.  Both had trouble breathing and loss of taste.  But both also recovered fine.

14 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

I know 2 people who tested positive, a high school friend and a friend of a relative. I also have a buddy (travels a lot for business) who believes he had it in Nov/Dec before they knew what it was. All have recovered, my high school friend was hit the hardest.

A UT connection to Wuhan?

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/01/education-department-investigation-university-texas-links-wuhan-institute-of-virology-china-lab-gifts-funding-zoom/

The Education Department has asked the University of Texas (UT) System to provide documentation of its dealings with the Wuhan lab where the coronavirus pandemic is believed to have started, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

In the request, the Department asks for records of gifts or contracts from the Wuhan Institute of Virology and its researcher Shi Zhengli, known for her work on bats, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Dr. Shi and the Chinese government have claimed the Wuhan lab, which has come under intense scrutiny by U.S. officials, isn’t the source of the pandemic.

The UT System was asked to share documents regarding potential ties to the Chinese Communist Party and two dozen Chinese universities and companies, including HuaweiTechnologies Co. and a unit of China National Petroleum Corp. (RELATED: FCC May Punish US Carriers That Make Deals With China’s Huawei) 

“Between June 6, 2014, and June 3, 2019, UT reported approximately twenty-four contracts with various Chinese state-owned universities and ten contracts with Huawei Technologies, all purportedly worth a reported total of $12,987,896,” the letter from the Department of Education, addressed to UT Chancellor James B. Milliken and obtained by the Wall Street Journal, said. “It is not clear, however, whether UT has in fact reported all gifts from or contracts with or relating to the Wuhan MCL, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and/or all other foreign sources, including agents and instrumentalities of the government of the Peoples’ Republic of China.”

The Education Department also requested documents related to any university system contracts or gifts from the chief executive officer of Zoom Video Communications, Eric Yuan. U.S. national security officials and independent cybersecurity researchers have expressed concerns about Zoom and its reliance on China-based engineering, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The company said in a statement to the Wall Street Journal that “Zoom is no different than any other U.S. technology company with operations in China, including many of our videoconferencing peers.”

On 4/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, doc longhorn said:

We don't know anyone who has it. There are only two verified cases in the county, but my wife and I both got really sick with what we thought was the type A flu back in January. It was like a cold on steroids with a fever. Now we're wondering if it could have been Covid-19. We both missed a week of work because of it. 

Get this...  I was suspended yesterday from work for 2 weeks (have to use my PTO), with 3 other people, because we all participated in non-essential activities over the weekend. This included dining-in at a restaurant and 2 of the folks went to the beach. The owner almost decided, and may still decide to close the company for 2 weeks because of those audacious set of actions by us renegades. 

This pandemic is making some people lose their ever-loving minds!

On 5/2/2020 at 1:10 PM, Baron said:

We don't know anyone who has it. There are only two verified cases in the county, but my wife and I both got really sick with what we thought was the type A flu back in January. It was like a cold on steroids with a fever. Now we're wondering if it could have been Covid-19. We both missed a week of work because of it. 

My wife thinks she may have had in January also with a similar thing. She's going to get the antibody testing when it's available. The rest of us didn't get sick though and 4 in the house. 

I only know of one person who had it who was in France when all this got crazy. 

4 hours ago, Captain Hookem said:

My wife thinks she may have had in January also with a similar thing. She's going to get the antibody testing when it's available. The rest of us didn't get sick though and 4 in the house. 

I only know of one person who had it who was in France when all this got crazy. 

Since I posted we've had 2 more cases. The county NW of us has gone from 1 to 26 in less than a week. This virus is being spread by travelers. A pair of dipshits decided to travel to a hotspot, New Orleans to be exact. A councilman and his wife. After a shared microphone and a trip to the courthouse, their stupidity has now infected 23 other people. You have a right to go where you want. Just be smart about it.