Jump to content

Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Aaron Carrara

***⛑ Coronavirus Thread***

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MikeV73 said:

I work at a nursing home as a physical therapist...still working but not taking admits so our census is dwindling.  No positive residents thus far, hope that continues for our residents well being (and workers of course).   Our department could go on hiatus if we get hit or the govt decides to halt activity at nursing homes.  Hoping for the best!  Glad your working world is continuing uninterrupted amigo!

Yeah, I have an aunt over in East Texas who is in a nursing home. A few days ago they locked the place down (no visitors) so we communicate with her via phone for now. Stay safe my friend. I think they'll be keeping you around. They're going to need the help through all of this I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the pleasure of working at a grocery store. We are putting in lots of hours. We still have customers that are surprised and mad because we can’t get any TP. We can’t get enough water for all the customers either.  At least gas is cheap though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drgilbert said:

I have the pleasure of working at a grocery store. We are putting in lots of hours. We still have customers that are surprised and mad because we can’t get any TP. We can’t get enough water for all the customers either.  At least gas is cheap though. 

That makes you a 

Supermarket superhero

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8119443/The-heroic-supermarket-shelf-stackers-facing-customer-chaos-panic-buying-VIOLENCE.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

I work at a nursing home as a physical therapist...still working but not taking admits so our census is dwindling.  No positive residents thus far, hope that continues for our residents well being (and workers of course).   Our department could go on hiatus if we get hit or the govt decides to halt activity at nursing homes.  Hoping for the best!  Glad your working world is continuing uninterrupted amigo!

HOW GROCERY STORE WORKERS ARE DEALING WITH THE ANXIOUS CROWDS AND HIGH DEMAND

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/18/grocery-store-worker-restock-shelves-coronavirus/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, primal defense said:

 

WILL TEXAS OR FLORIDA BE THE NEXT ITALY. RED STATES LAGS BLUE IN STAY AT HOME ORDER

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/will-texas-or-florida-be-the-next-italy-red-states-lag-blue-in-stay-at-home-orders/ar-BB11BATe

WTF? I appreciate your value on news, but now you're wandering into worthless political BS.

There is a very good retort to this ill-advised story but I generally come here to get away from that, hence my complaint.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

WTF? I appreciate your value on news, but now you're wandering into worthless political BS.

There is a very good retort to this ill-advised story but I generally come here to get away from that, hence my complaint.

 

I will give the retort. People in red states already know to stay at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denton County has now issued a Shelter in Place order, effective at midnight. We have seen a rise in the number of cases here, now at over 30 I believe. However, some of that can be attributed to more people being tested.

After looking over the order as well as the National Landscape Association's statement on this, it appears that my company is an essential service and will not have to cease operations. This is good news as long as people in my company remain uninfected. So far, so good.

My wife and I have been ordering out almost every night. A lot of restaurants have had to close their dining rooms but are still offering carry out. They need our help to stay afloat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

My wife and I have been ordering out almost every night. A lot of restaurants have had to close their dining rooms but are still offering carry out. They need our help to stay afloat.

This is very important, and good on you for doing this.

Also, one thing to remember about this, not only are the restaurants in need of the support, there is an entire community of suppliers that provide goods and services to restaurants that are feeling a mighty pinch right now.  All of that food, drinks, paper and cleaning supplies as well as the companies that distribute this to each restaurant are part of this.  The foodservice industry will be forever changed when this is over.  And I fear not in a good way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the realm of what JoeyWa was talking about . . . we have a whiskey distiller here in Lewisville. Its Bendt Distillery. They make bourbon and distribute to restaurants and stores all over the DFW metroplex. Needless to say, the order for whiskey have slowed to a crawl so they are using excess alcohol and making hand sanitizer gel with it. They are distributing it free at their downtown Lewisville location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/5
    So. Florida
    9/12
    @LSU
    9/19
    UTEP
    10/3
    @Kansas State
    10/10
    Oklahoma
    10/17
    West Virginia
    10/24
    @Texas Tech
    10/31
    Baylor
    11/7
    @Kansas
    11/14
    TCU
    11/21
    Iowa State
    11/27
    Ok. State
×
×
  • Create New...