Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Aaron Carrara

***⛑ Coronavirus Thread***

1 hour ago, MikeV73 said:

I work at a nursing home as a physical therapist...still working but not taking admits so our census is dwindling.  No positive residents thus far, hope that continues for our residents well being (and workers of course).   Our department could go on hiatus if we get hit or the govt decides to halt activity at nursing homes.  Hoping for the best!  Glad your working world is continuing uninterrupted amigo!

Yeah, I have an aunt over in East Texas who is in a nursing home. A few days ago they locked the place down (no visitors) so we communicate with her via phone for now. Stay safe my friend. I think they'll be keeping you around. They're going to need the help through all of this I would think.

I have the pleasure of working at a grocery store. We are putting in lots of hours. We still have customers that are surprised and mad because we can’t get any TP. We can’t get enough water for all the customers either.  At least gas is cheap though. 

5 hours ago, drgilbert said:

I have the pleasure of working at a grocery store. We are putting in lots of hours. We still have customers that are surprised and mad because we can’t get any TP. We can’t get enough water for all the customers either.  At least gas is cheap though. 

That makes you a 

Supermarket superhero

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8119443/The-heroic-supermarket-shelf-stackers-facing-customer-chaos-panic-buying-VIOLENCE.html

15 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

I work at a nursing home as a physical therapist...still working but not taking admits so our census is dwindling.  No positive residents thus far, hope that continues for our residents well being (and workers of course).   Our department could go on hiatus if we get hit or the govt decides to halt activity at nursing homes.  Hoping for the best!  Glad your working world is continuing uninterrupted amigo!

HOW GROCERY STORE WORKERS ARE DEALING WITH THE ANXIOUS CROWDS AND HIGH DEMAND

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/18/grocery-store-worker-restock-shelves-coronavirus/

59 minutes ago, primal defense said:

WILL TEXAS OR FLORIDA BE THE NEXT ITALY. RED STATES LAGS BLUE IN STAY AT HOME ORDER

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/will-texas-or-florida-be-the-next-italy-red-states-lag-blue-in-stay-at-home-orders/ar-BB11BATe

WTF? I appreciate your value on news, but now you're wandering into worthless political BS.

There is a very good retort to this ill-advised story but I generally come here to get away from that, hence my complaint.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

WTF? I appreciate your value on news, but now you're wandering into worthless political BS.

There is a very good retort to this ill-advised story but I generally come here to get away from that, hence my complaint.

I will give the retort. People in red states already know to stay at home.

Denton County has now issued a Shelter in Place order, effective at midnight. We have seen a rise in the number of cases here, now at over 30 I believe. However, some of that can be attributed to more people being tested.

After looking over the order as well as the National Landscape Association's statement on this, it appears that my company is an essential service and will not have to cease operations. This is good news as long as people in my company remain uninfected. So far, so good.

My wife and I have been ordering out almost every night. A lot of restaurants have had to close their dining rooms but are still offering carry out. They need our help to stay afloat.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

My wife and I have been ordering out almost every night. A lot of restaurants have had to close their dining rooms but are still offering carry out. They need our help to stay afloat.

This is very important, and good on you for doing this.

Also, one thing to remember about this, not only are the restaurants in need of the support, there is an entire community of suppliers that provide goods and services to restaurants that are feeling a mighty pinch right now.  All of that food, drinks, paper and cleaning supplies as well as the companies that distribute this to each restaurant are part of this.  The foodservice industry will be forever changed when this is over.  And I fear not in a good way.

In the realm of what JoeyWa was talking about . . . we have a whiskey distiller here in Lewisville. Its Bendt Distillery. They make bourbon and distribute to restaurants and stores all over the DFW metroplex. Needless to say, the order for whiskey have slowed to a crawl so they are using excess alcohol and making hand sanitizer gel with it. They are distributing it free at their downtown Lewisville location.