Find results in...

***⛑ Coronavirus Thread***

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, let’s try to keep political views at a minimum. Several of you have made it very clear where you stand on the political spectrum. This thread should be for discussion about COVID, not for campai

Media-driven. I'm going to continue my day to day just as I always have. Simple hygiene as we're supposed to do anyway goes far against catching anything. Frankly, I'm more worried about catching the

Posted Images

SHA

One of the reason our death rates are so much slower than other countries is because we have a much higher capacity for patients to start receiving treatment early. Before their oxygen levels plummet.

A hunting buddy of mine went into the hospital (Parkland) last Sunday with double pneumonia. He was immediately begun on low dose dexamethasone which is a steroid and remdesivir which is an antiviral used for aids. He was discharged from Parkland hospital Wednesday afternoon and is doing well at home. That’s not always the case of course, but we are able to treat patients much earlier in the course of the disease than most of the world.

13 hours ago, Bear19 said:

SHA

One of the reason our death rates are so much slower than other countries is because we have a much higher capacity for patients to start receiving treatment early. Before their oxygen levels plummet.

A hunting buddy of mine went into the hospital (Parkland) last Sunday with double pneumonia. He was immediately begun on low dose dexamethasone which is a steroid and remdesivir which is an antiviral used for aids. He was discharged from Parkland hospital Wednesday afternoon and is doing well at home. That’s not always the case of course, but we are able to treat patients much earlier in the course of the disease than most of the world.

I don't know what mortality rates are in other countries and obviously you're not sure either. But the mortality rate here is 0.26 percent, which is low, not "slow." That death rate is way down compared to other issues we've faced.

Swine Flu had a higher mortality rate, 3-4 times that of Wuhan Virus. Yet, we did nothing. We didn't wear masks. We didn't shut anything down at all at any point.

The media didn't "shame" anyone. The media didn't act like the world was ending. They didn't throw the spotlight on Obama or criticize him endlessly for not shutting anything down.

The mortality rate for Swine Flu ranged from 2 to 4 percent.

When the deadly Ebola entered the scene, what did Obama do? 1) He brought Ebola to the US, intentionally, and 2) He sent US military to combat Ebola in Africa.

Not a peep from anyone on this.

So if you see others not taking this thing so seriously, this could be why. Perhaps the better question is why now? Why not then? What is the difference? Is it because we have a president who apparently never does anything right? 

I think the more appropriate questions on Wuhan are not necessarily medical questions.

“I think the more appropriate questions on Wuhan are not necessarily medical questions.”

There are a lot of medical questions. More questions than there are answers.

and I think we know the  answer to the other questions. Trump caused it.🙄

3 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

“I think the more appropriate questions on Wuhan are not necessarily medical questions.”

There are a lot of medical questions. More questions than there are answers.

and I think we know the  answer to the other questions. Trump caused it.🙄

It's not that Trump caused it. That would be completely irrational and would never hold water.

But when you look at the #1 thing Trump had in his campaign arsenal (economy) and suddenly, we're shutting down an entire economy for the first time in history over a 0.26% mortality rate – you begin to think it's a complete farce.

It looks very much like the liberals hyjacked not only the black protestors' movement, but also the virus response. IMO, Trump was hoodwinked into believing Fauci was some expert when he's nothing more than an utter buffoon. Now Trump has a medical expert that NO ONE in their right mind can believe.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

It's not that Trump caused it. That would be completely irrational and would never hold water.

But when you look at the #1 thing Trump had in his campaign arsenal (economy) and suddenly, we're shutting down an entire economy for the first time in history over a 0.26% mortality rate – you begin to think it's a complete farce.

It looks very much like the liberals hyjacked not only the black protestors' movement, but also the virus response. IMO, Trump was hoodwinked into believing Fauci was some expert when he's nothing more than an utter buffoon. Now Trump has a medical expert that NO ONE in their right mind can believe.

Irrationality. There's a lot of that going around these days. All from the left and its MSM apparatus.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:16 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't know what mortality rates are in other countries and obviously you're not sure either. But the mortality rate here is 0.26 percent, which is low, not "slow." That death rate is way down compared to other issues we've faced.

Swine Flu had a higher mortality rate, 3-4 times that of Wuhan Virus. Yet, we did nothing. We didn't wear masks. We didn't shut anything down at all at any point.

The media didn't "shame" anyone. The media didn't act like the world was ending. They didn't throw the spotlight on Obama or criticize him endlessly for not shutting anything down.

The mortality rate for Swine Flu ranged from 2 to 4 percent.

When the deadly Ebola entered the scene, what did Obama do? 1) He brought Ebola to the US, intentionally, and 2) He sent US military to combat Ebola in Africa.

Not a peep from anyone on this.

So if you see others not taking this thing so seriously, this could be why. Perhaps the better question is why now? Why not then? What is the difference? Is it because we have a president who apparently never does anything right? 

I think the more appropriate questions on Wuhan are not necessarily medical questions.

Not in the know here, but somewhere I read/heard Ebola accounted for 2 deaths in America.  Not sure if that is correct or not, but that is lower than 130,000.

37 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Not in the know here, but somewhere I read/heard Ebola accounted for 2 deaths in America.  Not sure if that is correct or not, but that is lower than 130,000.

There really is no comparison between Ebola and Wuhan virus.

Wuhan has a mortality rate of 0.26%

Ebola's first pandemic had a 88% mortality rate while the second had 53% mortality rate. It was a far deadlier virus.

Trump's plan for the Covid is to nothing and hope everyone gets use to it. So, the possibility of no UT fall then get use to it.

TIME IS NO LONGER ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL'S SIDE AS MYRIAD ISSUES REMAIN FOR 2020 SEASON TO START AS SCHEDULED

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/time-is-no-longer-on-college-footballs-side-as-myriad-issues-remain-for-2020-season-to-start-as/

More bad news. It looks like immunity from Covid last two or three months. This means that any UT player that has Covid this summer will still have to quarantine during the season if they around someone who has it. 

SHOULD TEAMS ACTIVELY SEEK HERD IMMUNITY FROM THE CORONAVIRUS?

https://sports.yahoo.com/should-teams-actively-seek-herd-immunity-from-the-coronavirus-234449908.html

10 hours ago, primal defense said:

Trump's plan for the Covid is to nothing and hope everyone gets use to it. So, the possibility of no UT fall then get use to it.

TIME IS NO LONGER ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL'S SIDE AS MYRIAD ISSUES REMAIN FOR 2020 SEASON TO START AS SCHEDULED

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/time-is-no-longer-on-college-footballs-side-as-myriad-issues-remain-for-2020-season-to-start-as/

I agree with Bear except I say bullshit. 

17 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Total horseshit. 

If Trump is doing everything he can about Covid then he's doing a terrible job. The numbers do not show that he's making America great again. Not when it comes to Covid.

To be fair Trump is doing better than Bolsonaro. It was a tie until Bolsonaro got Covid. That broke the tie.

COVID-19 Cases and Deaths, By the Numbers

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/covid-19-cases-and-deaths-by-the-numbers/