Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Aaron Carrara

***⛑ Coronavirus Thread***

Many NCAA schools are doing the same. Conference hoops tourneys will be sparsely attended, if the conference even decides to host them at all. 

Also UT has announced a 2-week spring break for students. 

Bourbon stockpile: check

One-wipe Charlie’s stash-check

Briskets/Robs/Pork Shoulders in freezer-check

Wood for smoking-check

Ranch Style Beans-check

Tortillas-check

LHN-check

I’m set. 

9 hours ago, joeywa said:

Many NCAA schools are doing the same. Conference hoops tourneys will be sparsely attended, if the conference even decides to host them at all. 

Also UT has announced a 2-week spring break for students. 

Bourbon stockpile: check

One-wipe Charlie’s stash-check

Briskets/Robs/Pork Shoulders in freezer-check

Wood for smoking-check

Ranch Style Beans-check

Tortillas-check

LHN-check

I’m set. 

Yes!!!  I'm grabbing briskets, ribs and butts this weekend.  Along with whiskey lol #RollinSmoke

14 hours ago, Aaron Carrara said:

SXSW has been canceled.

Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive for Coronavirus.

The rest of the NBA season has been cancelled.

March Madness games will not have fans in the stands.

Then there’s this:

775E1595-B187-4A44-837D-86A88E40A3E7.jpeg

Okay this whole stockpiling of toilet paper happened here in Hawaii last month and it was crazy.  My wife and I walked into COSTCO for some items and the line for TP was out the door.  It was nuts. Not food, not medicine, but TP.  Made (makes) no sense. It has since died down and things are somewhat back to normal here on the islands.  Cant believe it's happening on the mainland.

Im starting to get fed up with this virus.  Actually, im starting to get fed up with the daily armageddon in the media.  However, you gotta be in awe of this thing....to quote Col. Daniels from the movie Outbreak, "it's one billionth our size and it's beating us".  To think this thing started literally in the middle of China in Nov/Dec and is now a pandemic in March.

44 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Personally I think people are freaking out about this. I went to HEB to pickup some things today and they were out of TP. People hoarding TP, who would have thought it?

Here’s the answer on TP. 

When one person sneezes, 20 people shit their pants. Seems like a real thing. 😅

The coronavirus  virus is not  media driven. Some of the facts that have come is that 80% of the public will have mild symptoms. However if your over 60 or older than the risk goes up including death. 

The Seattle nursing home had one third of the residents die since they were older and had other health issues.

The unfortunate part is that the US is behind other countries as far as testing and that's one of the key ways of containing the virus which is hard to do because it's so contagious. Also, with our lack of testing we could have a cluster of cases for the hospitals which they many not be able to handle which is going on in Italy which means some could die because of the lack of medical care.

If your 60 or older and especially if you have some other health issue I would recommend you build up your immune system as much as you can to fight it off. When people do get the virus the body goes into over drive of inflammation. If your healthy then you can fight it off. However if your immune system is compromise or your older then the inflammation response is too much to fight and your lungs are affected which could lead to difficulty in breathing and which could lead to death.

Some of the things that you can do to fight the virus is to make sure your Vitamin D3 levels are not low. Vitamin D is very important for the immune system and respiratory system. 

Also to build up the immune system or if you get the virus then high levels of vitamin C every hour will help fight the virus and the inflammation. Right now I'm taking 15 grams a day. Studies have shown that when you get a cold or the flu your need for Vitamin C goes up. Oregano oil is another virus fighter and anti inflammation. 

Good luck to  and I hope everyone can ride this out in good health.

36 minutes ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Stock your liquor cabinets....  then talk about it on the booze thread.

https://www.hornsports.com/forums/topic/20440-official-hornsports-“let’s-talk-booze”-thread/

I went to the liquor store today and they told me that the panic morons had bought every bottle of Everclear for hand sanitizer. I shit you not.

2 hours ago, primal defense said:
The coronavirus  virus is not  media driven. Some of the facts that have come is that 80% of the public will have mild symptoms. However if your over 60 or older than the risk goes up including death. 

The Seattle nursing home had one third of the residents die since they were older and had other health issues.

The unfortunate part is that the US is behind other countries as far as testing and that's one of the key ways of containing the virus which is hard to do because it's so contagious. Also, with our lack of testing we could have a cluster of cases for the hospitals which they many not be able to handle which is going on in Italy which means some could die because of the lack of medical care.

If your 60 or older and especially if you have some other health issue I would recommend you build up your immune system as much as you can to fight it off. When people do get the virus the body goes into over drive of inflammation. If your healthy then you can fight it off. However if your immune system is compromise or your older then the inflammation response is too much to fight and your lungs are affected which could lead to difficulty in breathing and which could lead to death.

Some of the things that you can do to fight the virus is to make sure your Vitamin D3 levels are not low. Vitamin D is very important for the immune system and respiratory system. 

Also to build up the immune system or if you get the virus then high levels of vitamin C every hour will help fight the virus and the inflammation. Right now I'm taking 15 grams a day. Studies have shown that when you get a cold or the flu your need for Vitamin C goes up. Oregano oil is another virus fighter and anti inflammation. 

Good luck to  and I hope everyone can ride this out in good health.

Interesting how not enough tests are available, and they are not attainable, but the Utah Jazz were able to get 50 tests for their team in a heart beat following the Gobert situation.