Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
dillohorn

Jacque, Mrs. Dillohorn, past away yesterday.

4 hours ago, dillohorn said:

Tell your spouse and other family members that you love them every day. You will wish you had said so some day.

Words can not begin to express my sorrow.  I wish you and your family strength as you traverse this difficult path.  Prayers to you and god bless.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

How are you doing, Dillo? Hoping you're keeping that chin up. Hang in there buddy.

We were always together. Never apart. People always said we were one person. She was concerned about my well being every moment of the 30 years we were together. She did everything from our finances to handling all of the electronic gadgets. I can barely use the flip phone. I didn't realize how much she did until she is not. I took her for granted and thought she would always be there. Miss her smile, her love, and her oboe playing, so much. I 'll never take life for granted again. Time will help, but right now I feel lost. Thankfully I have my sister and son to help. Thanks for your concern. Tell your love ones you love them every day.

3 hours ago, dillohorn said:

We were always together. Never apart. People always said we were one person. She was concerned about my well being every moment of the 30 years we were together. She did everything from our finances to handling all of the electronic gadgets. I can barely use the flip phone. I didn't realize how much she did until she is not. I took her for granted and thought she would always be there. Miss her smile, her love, and her oboe playing, so much. I 'll never take life for granted again. Time will help, but right now I feel lost. Thankfully I have my sister and son to help. Thanks for your concern. Tell your love ones you love them every day.

Dillo, take comfort in those around you.  Obviously, she knew you loved her dearly and memories live forever.  I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and emotions, and we are all thinking of you during this difficult time. Thank you for sharing your insight on life, and for showing your strength to your friends here at Hornsports.

5 hours ago, dillohorn said:

Dillo, I hope you find solace in your family & friends. I will heed your advice. My wife does our finances & tech as well although no oboe 🙂.

10 hours ago, dillohorn said:

I feel like my wife is just like yours was. She does so much. My current assignment is getting her to quit smoking . . . so she'll be around longer.

Oh, no! I haven't been following the board lately, and just saw this. I am so sorry, my friend. 

I sometimes think of how my life would change without my loving wife, but can't stand to think of it too long. Instead, I hug and kiss her, tell her and try to show her how very much I love her. Then I thank God for sending her to me and I pray for abundant joy for her now and forever under His care and by His grace. And I believe that will happen. 

And though I would miss her terribly, there is comfort in knowing that she will enjoy peace and happiness forever in His care. 

I know this because that is what I believe about my seventeen year old daughter who was taken from us in 1997. When my heart hurts so badly thinking of what I have lost, I think of what she has gained, and that gives me comfort.

I will pray for your wife's beautiful soul, my friend, and that you will find comfort in knowing how joyful she must be.