Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****🏀 TEXAS @ OKLAHOMA GAME THREAD*****

The Longhorns bring a 4-game win-streak and hopes of an NCAA Tournament berth into the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Oklahoma tonight.  Texas is sitting on the bubble now and most likely will receive an at-large invitation with another regular season win and a win in the Big 12 Tournament.

The Big 12 win-streak is the longest since the 2013-2014 season when Texas won seven straight.

What: Texas Longhorns (18-11, 8-8 Big 12) vs. Oklahoma Sooners (18-11, 8-8 Big 12)
When: Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Time:  8:00 PM CST
Venue: Lloyd Noble Arena
Television: ESPN2
The Line: Oklahoma -7

Last meeting between the two teams:  Oklahoma defeated Texas 72-62 (January 8, 2020 - Austin, TX)
All-time series record:  Oklahoma leads Texas 56-40

I haven't yelled that loud for good reasons all season!!!  Startled my wife.  I don't even care if they make the tournament (ok, that's a lie) but I love the grit this team is playing with.  Man, if Cunningham can only develop a consistent outside shot he would be a star.  Kid does everything else well.

Well, I took Wayne's advice and didn't watch. I'm thinking I should have but I was trying to decide if the interwebs were more interesting or the UT basketball team. Obviously the interwebs won. My reluctance to tune in is based on four years of poor performance. And with the 5 game winning streak, I still wonder if this is just some cruel joke being played on Horns fans.

Looking at the stats, did UT only have 2 FT att during the entire game?

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

Well, I took Wayne's advice and didn't watch. I'm thinking I should have but I was trying to decide if the interwebs were more interesting or the UT basketball team. Obviously the interwebs won. My reluctance to tune in is based on four years of poor performance. And with the 5 game winning streak, I still wonder if this is just some cruel joke being played on Horns fans.

Looking at the stats, did UT only have 2 FT att during the entire game?

Yes, Texas only had 2 FTs and they came with about 1:38 left in the game when an ou player laying on the court intentionally grab Ramsey's leg and it took a replay to call the technical. 

Texas took 2 FTs, made 2 and ou took 29 FTs and made 21. Sorry but that has to be looked at by the league. Several times Texas players took shots and landed on the floor with no whistle blown.

Rant over. ou thought they had the game and their toothless fans were chanting "Texas Sucks" and then Coleman banks in that 3 with .4 seconds left. Frigging Priceless! 

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

35 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Yes, Texas only had 2 FTs and they came with about 1:38 left in the game when an ou player laying on the court intentionally grab Ramsey's leg and it took a replay to call the technical. 

Texas took 2 FTs, made 2 and ou took 29 FTs and made 21. Sorry but that has to be looked at by the league. Several times Texas players took shots and landed on the floor with no whistle blown.

Rant over. ou thought they had the game and their toothless fans were chanting "Texas Sucks" and then Coleman banks in that 3 with .4 seconds left. Frigging Priceless! 

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

I thought the numbers were odd.

Texas “Last Four in” according to Lunardi now after that win.  

I think if Texas takes care of business at home against Oklahoma State on Saturday, there is no way they don’t get in.  20 wins and a 6 game win streak with some solid road wins to end the regular season would be impressive.