Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****ūüŹÄ Texas @ #22 Texas Tech GAME THREAD*****

The Longhorns bring a 3-game win streak into Saturday's contest against the #22 Red Raiders, and with it hopes of an at-large invitation to the NCAA Tournament. With three games remaining and two of them being on the road, Texas has their work cut out for them. A win on Saturday evens their conference record at 8-8.

The Longhorns last defeated #17 West Virginia 67-57 in Austin on Monday, while the Red Raiders lost 65-51 to the Sooners in Norman.

What: Texas Longhorns (17-11, 7-8 Big 12) vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders (18-10, 9-6 Big 12)
When: Saturday, February 29, 2020
Time:  11:00 AM CST
Venue: United Supermarkets Arena
Television: ESPN
The Line: Texas Tech -11

Last Meeting Between the Two Teams: Texas Tech defeated Texas 62-57 (February 8, 2020 - Austin, TX)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads Texas Tech 86-61

Well, Shaka wins again.  Good for the kids, happy for them.  Funny how an infusion of bench players seems to have made the difference.  Hungrier?  Working harder?  Effort?  Hopefully shows the other players how to approach games better.

Shaka is coming back. I think he should now. The results haven’t always been there but he works extremely hard and the kids love him, CDC loves him. I just don’t see CDC paying 40-50 million and maybe more  to bring someone else in that’s not going to be a guarantee either. Shaka deserves credit these last 4 games. I hope they can keep it up 

34 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Well, Shaka wins again.  Good for the kids, happy for them.  Funny how an infusion of bench players seems to have made the difference.  Hungrier?  Working harder?  Effort?  Hopefully shows the other players how to approach games better.

I think it's chemistry. This group seems to play together better. I also keep hearing about this "Junkyard Brock" kid.

I guess I'll watch the game vs 0u.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

I think it's chemistry. This group seems to play together better. I also keep hearing about this "Junkyard Brock" kid.

I guess I'll watch the game vs 0u.

Don’t watch. Nobody watching has been working. 

Lunardi has Texas squarely on the bubble. He has them as the 5th team out right now. A win against bubble OU will really help.

This is typical of Shaka though. To start to give you hope and then let it come crashing down...

3 hours ago, TB14 said:

This is typical of Shaka though. To start to give you hope and then let it come crashing down...

Hit the nail on¬†the head here. ¬†Story of most games: ¬†early lead, piss away the lead towards halftime, blown out in the second half. ¬†Maybe things have changed here at the end of¬†the season......burnt orange¬†colored glasses now in placeūüėĀ

On 2/29/2020 at 2:49 PM, Wayne said:

Don’t watch. Nobody watching has been working. 

Disagree.  Based on attendance, nobody has been watching for 2 1/2 years.  

17 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Disagree.  Based on attendance, nobody has been watching for 2 1/2 years.  

Well I may start watching again...  I watched the last 5 minutes on my phone. I only enjoyed 0.4 seconds of game time.  But I really enjoyed them.

They sure are playing hard. I didn’t even recognize the team.