Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****TEXAS @ IOWA STATE Game Thread*****

Texas (14-10, 4-7 Big 12) and Iowa State (10-14, 3-8 Big 12) will meet for the second time this season on Saturday, this time in Ames, Iowa.  

The Longhorns won the first matchup in Austin, 72-68 in February 1st.

Texas fell to top-ranked Baylor on Monday 52-45, while the Cyclones lost to Oklahoma 90-61.

Both teams are likely to miss the NCAA Tournament, but every game down the stretch matters.

Tipoff time at Hilton Coliseum is set for 1:00 PM CST. The game will be televised on ESPN2.

Yes and no. I have to say yes because I love my Longhorns, but Smart's inability to field an even competent offense has destroyed any desire I had to watch a game.

51-31 I. St. This is not a good team we are losing this badly to. Reflects the state of our program. 
Do we really think Shaka gets another year just because of the $$? Have some pride dude and step down. (Ok, even I wouldn’t step down with those $$ on the table)

Simms is out due to injury. He actually may have played his last game as a Longhorn, depending on pro decision. 

27 minutes ago, Oldmanastro said:

51-31 I. St. This is not a good team we are losing this badly to. Reflects the state of our program. 
Do we really think Shaka gets another year just because of the $$? Have some pride dude and step down. (Ok, even I wouldn’t step down with those $$ on the table)

Simms is out due to injury. He actually may have played his last game as a Longhorn, depending on pro decision. 

May have to leave to get some real coaching.

Shaka is a really nice guy but for whatever reason it just hasn’t worked out. If Baylor and Texas Tech can win then Texas should be able to win. I don’t know who they need to get but get one of the top guys out there. 

Anyone see (or hear) Smart's comments after the game? He pretty much threw his team under the bus. "I thought we'd do this. I thought we'd do that. I thought we'd recognize this and that."

Well bud, its your responsibility to make those things happen. If a player isn't doing what you want, replace him.

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Anyone see (or hear) Smart's comments after the game? He pretty much threw his team under the bus. "I thought we'd do this. I thought we'd do that. I thought we'd recognize this and that."

Well bud, its your responsibility to make those things happen. If a player isn't doing what you want, replace him.

And replace a coach if he can’t figure things out.

I too thought Smart was a great hire, just shows you how much I know. However the ou and Tech games this year opened my eyes.

I still think due to the $$$ they will bring him back however the percentage of him coming back is getting lower and lower as this year plays out.

3 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

I too thought Smart was a great hire, just shows you how much I know. However the ou and Tech games this year opened my eyes.

I still think due to the $$$ they will bring him back however the percentage of him coming back is getting lower and lower as this year plays out.

They may bring him back. But I’m not going to watch another game until a change is made.  

That being said if they start out 15-0 next year I’d come back. Just don’t see that happening. 

they wont start 15-0 next year. The players he has are going to leave and recruits are not signing up.  Anyone notice how many commitments we have so far?

Here is a tip...…….it is the same as the number of advanced degrees I have from MIT....

………….0...…..

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

they wont start 15-0 next year. The players he has are going to leave and recruits are not signing up.  Anyone notice how many commitments we have so far?

Here is a tip...…….it is the same as the number of advanced degrees I have from MIT....

………….0...…..

Wait, you are in MENSA as well?  Nice...

On 2/15/2020 at 8:14 PM, MikeV73 said:

Except for that solid play a game in Dubai concept...

That still has my blood boiling.  The trip to Dubai  was not a dumb idea which Patterson had plenty of.  This was a way to get his wife a free trip to Dubai which she had an interest in already on UT's dime.

In the meantime he's cutting cost for the athletic department because he promised the department would make a certain amount to get the job. What a crook.

Patterson has been the worse hire for the UT athletic department since I've been following UT sports. He has screwed up two of my favorite teams. UT sports and the Houston Rockets. Patterson is a con man who got where he was because his dad was a GM in the NBA.

4 hours ago, primal defense said:
That still has my blood boiling.  The trip to Dubai  was not a dumb idea which Patterson had plenty of.  This was a way to get his wife a free trip to Dubai which she had an interest in already on UT's dime.

In the meantime he's cutting cost for the athletic department because he promised the department would make a certain amount to get the job. What a crook.

Patterson has been the worse hire for the UT athletic department since I've been following UT sports. He has screwed up two of my favorite teams. UT sports and the Houston Rockets. Patterson is a con man who got where he was because his dad was a GM in the NBA.

Last I heard he had a GM job in the NHL..not sure if that is still the case.  Golden parachutes abound for this clown.