Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****Game Thread: Texas Longhorns @ #3 Kansas Jayhawks*****

txkutrm20.jpg

The Longhorns take a two game winning streak into Allen Fieldhouse on Big Monday in hopes of upsetting the third ranked Kansas Jayhawks.  Texas won back-to-back conference games last week, grinding out close wins over TCU in Fort Worth and Iowa State in Austin.

The Jayhawks occupy second place in the Big 12 behind top-ranked Baylor, and have just one loss in conference play. 

The Longhorns have won only once in Lawrence, compared to Kansas' 17 wins in the series.

txkub1.png

What: Texas Longhorns (14-7, 4-4 Big 12) vs. Kansas Jayhawks (18-3, 7-1 Big 12)
When: Monday, February 3, 2020
Time:  8:00 PM CST
Venue: Allen Fieldhouse
Television: ESPN
The Line: Kansas -14.5

Last Meeting Between the Two Teams: Kansas defeated Texas 66-57 (January 18, 2020 - Austin, TX)
All-Time Series Record: Kansas leads Texas 34-9

Box score shows the usual O-fer on 3s for Baker.  This guy is a huge disappointment.  5* big man, I thought he was going to be a good player this season.  Going old school he reminds me of another big time recruit Sheldon Quarles back in the day who was the Texas HS POY from Ft Worth.  He did absolutely nothing for 4 yrs.  Oh, another loss added to Shaka’s stellar record while at Texas.  Awesome job he has done.  

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We get both their big men in foul trouble and the result is KU pulls away?

Sims is having a decent game. I've enjoyed watching him progress this year.

Just think how good Sims could be if they actually ran an offense to feature him...obviously our coaches don’t know how to use the talent at hand.  This is based on the three years he has been in Austin, not the good last few weeks he has had.

I wasn't able to watch the game but Texas not winning this one is not a surprise.

Looking at the stats Texas got out-rebounded yet again. Both Texas and KU shot 16% on their 3s. 

On the bright side, Texas committed fewer TOs than KU (8 to 12) and Texas covered the spread (14.5, lost by 11). Yea, I know I'm grasping on that last one.