Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****GAME THREAD - TEXAS vs. IOWA STATE*****

• Administrators

The Longhorns return home on Saturday with a one-game conference winning streak and look to extend on their success in Fort Worth. Texas welcomes Iowa State to the Erwin Center, a team they have a 15-2 record against when playing at home.  The Longhorns have won 10 of the last 11 games against the Cyclones in Austin, including the last meeting between the two programs (3/2/2019).

Junior Jase Febres scored 15 points in the win over TCU on Wednesday, and junior forward Jericho Sims grabbed 13 rebounds in the win over the Horned Frogs.

txisuhps201.png

What: Texas Longhorns (13-7, 3-4 Big 12) vs. Iowa State Cyclones (9-11, 2-5 Big 12)
When: Saturday, February 1, 2020
Time:  1:00 PM CST
Venue: Frank Erwin Center
Television: LHN
The Line: Texas -3

Last Meeting Between the Two Teams: Texas defeated Iowa State 86-69 (March 2, 2019 - Austin, TX)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads Iowa State 23-17

31-30 at the half Iowa St.

At one point it was 21-13 Texas but Sims went to the bench after he received a horrible foul call on a defensive rebound. With him on the bench Iowa St went on a 12-3 run to take the lead 25-24.

Texas is playing some good D but while their offense is shooting well and actually driving to the basket, they have turned the ball over 10 times so far!

I've noticed that some of the other players not named Sims are a tad lazy going for rebounds. 

Smart was showing some fire and was yelling at them during a time-out. He needs to do this more often. He's their coach, not their buddy.

59 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Only saw one highlight and it was Sims killing a man. What a dunk. Someone needs to post it. 

Sims had a great game. I'm not sure he came off the court the 2nd half nor should he. With Liddell and Hepa hurt, he is key. As I stated above, with him off the court in the first half, Texas was lazy on the boards and Iowa St had a big run.

Kai Jones had a pretty good game but there were moments you could tell he is a freshman. 

Williams, 6'6" guard, needs to play more. He played well on both sides of the ball.

This would have been a bad loss for Texas/Smart. Texas needs to go at least 1-2 the next 3 games however I would love to see them upset Baylor at home.

LOL, not sure how we won...but we won. I'll take it. This game was as ugly as it gets. If Ramey doesn't heat up at the end, we lose. Totally agree with @tejasrulz, Williams needs more PT. It is downright painful to watch Kai play defense, which tells us how bad Baker is. Finally, for the love of God, get Sims more touches down low. At this point, he is our best player (sorry Matt).