Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****GAME THREAD - TEXAS vs. TCU*****

After dropping their third straight game on Saturday with a 69-67 loss to LSU, the Texas Longhorns will face the TCU Horned Frogs on the road in Fort Worth on Wednesday evening.  TCU stands 4th in the Big 12, with a 4-2 record against conference opponents.  The Horned Frogs lost at Arkansas last Saturday and enter the matchup with Texas averaging 69.4 points per game and shooting 43.5% from the floor.

txtcubb.png

What: Texas Longhorns (12-7, 2-4 Big 12) vs. TCU Horned Frogs (13-6, 4-2 Big 12)
When: Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Time:  7:00 PM CST
Venue: Schollmaier Arena
Television: Big12 Now/ESPN+
The Line: TCU -6

Last Meeting Between the Two Teams: Texas defeated TCU 58-44 (April 2, 2019 - NIT Tournament))
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads TCU 109-68

If we can finish in the top 2 of the big 12 and make the elite 8 I won’t be upset if he stays. He would have finally shown he can develop his played then. We had 17 turnovers, 0 points in the paint and only took 7 free throws. Our big men have not developed any type of offense 

15 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Smart will be back next year, his buy-out is too large.

I can't nor wont root for the Horns to lose because I want a coaching change. Nice road win, now lets win at home on Saturday. 

If he goes .500 in the Big 12 he will probably make the big dance.  That and the buy-out thing brings him back next year.  

3 hours ago, joeywa said:

Hey, look, a win!  That's good news, right?

I saw that this game was on and didn’t bother to pick up the remote to check on it.  I don’t know that I’ve ever been this apathetic for Texas B-Ball.  

9 hours ago, drgilbert said:

If we can finish in the top 2 of the big 12 and make the elite 8 I won’t be upset if he stays. He would have finally shown he can develop his played then. We had 17 turnovers, 0 points in the paint and only took 7 free throws. Our big men have not developed any type of offense 

So.... you will be upset if he comes back.... he isn’t clearing your bar.