Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****GAME THREAD - TEXAS VS. LSU*****

SEC-Big12-Challenge-780x405.jpg

The Texas Longhorns  will host the LSU Tigers at the Erwin Center on Saturday as Part of the Big 12/SEC Challenge.  Texas has maintained a perfect 3-0 record at home in Big 12/SEC Challenge games, previously defeating Vanderbilt twice and Ole Miss.

The Longhorns have struggled recently, losing five of their last eight games including two straight Big 12 losses. LSU has won seven straight and defeated Florida 84-82 last week in Baton Rouge.

Texas announced on Friday that sophomore forward Kamaka Hepa is out with a right ankle injury and sophmore forwars Gerald Liddell is out with a back injury.

txlsuhoops.png

What: Texas Longhorns (12-6, 2-4 Big 12) vs. LSU Tigers (14-4, 6-0 SEC)
When: Saturday, January 25, 2020
Time:  1:00 PM CST
Venue: Frank Erwin Center
Television: ESPN
The Line: LSU -2

Last Meeting Between the Two Teams: Texas defeated LSU 76-75 in OT (December 10, 2006, Houston, TX)
All-Time Series Record: LSU leads Texas 19-11

Today's game will offer plenty of activities and deals for fans, including discounted food and drinks, arcade games and Texas Basketball video game poster giveaway at marketing tables.

I was told today that there is no "buy out" in the contract. Its a guaranteed contract. So we would need to pay the remainder of the contract, and the remainder of the assistant's contracts – then spend money on the new coach and staff.

If your eye is on Beard, we'd then have to pay his buyout in order to have him, in addition to what was listed above.

That's around $20-$23 million spent to have a new coach.

Would Texas spend that much on basketball?

19 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I was told today that there is no "buy out" in the contract. Its a guaranteed contract. So we would need to pay the remainder of the contract, and the remainder of the assistant's contracts – then spend money on the new coach and staff.

If your eye is on Beard, we'd then have to pay his buyout in order to have him, in addition to what was listed above.

Beard isn’t leaving Lubbock for the dumpster fire in Austin anyways.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Give Shaka his money and send him on his way. Hire a high school coach, it couldn't get any worse.

13 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't believe Texas will spend $23M to fire a basketball coach so we are stuck with Smart for at least a couple of more years.

I know these people that figure this stuff out are highly intelligent, but for a coach to be in this long and still owed $10.5M just seems like someone made a mistake somewhere. First thing these long term contracts need to be out the window. I’d rather pay a little more for a coach on a 3 year deal and then after the second year if the program is showing improvement you could add a year with a raise and keep doing like that. Perrine ran in there and extended and should have waited. Reminds me of when they were so excited after Texas beat Nebraska that they practically extended Mackovic in the locker room after the game and were ready to fire him the next year. Teams need to show marked improvement regardless of the sport before throwing more money at a coach. Just my opinion