Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****GAME THREAD: Texas vs. Oklahoma State*****

Texas (11-4, 1-2) travels to Stillwater, Oklahoma to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (9-6, 0-3) on Wednesday night. The Longhorns are coming off their first Big 12 win, a 64-50 victory over Kansas State on Saturday in Austin.  Oklahoma State is win-less in conference play, losing consecutive games to Texas Tech, West Virginia and TCU.

Texas has won 17 of the last 27 games against the Cowboys, and Shaka Smart is 5-3 against the Pokes.

What: Texas Longhorns (11-4, 1-2 Big 12) vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys (9-6, 0-3 Big12)
When: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Time:  7:00 PM CST
Venue: Gallagher-Iba Arena
Television: Big12 Now/ESPN+
The Line: Oklahoma State -3

Last Meeting Between the Two Teams: Texas defeated Oklahoma State 69-57 (February 16, 2019, Austin, TX)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads Oklahoma State 51-44

Hepa’s stats look good.  Hopefully he continues his improving trend with increased  minutes,points, boards.  Now I will continue my season long rant on Baker launching missed 3s.  Saw he was 0-2...please stop shooting from outside and get your 7’ ass in the paint.  Focus on rebounding and defense.  Wait, can I be a candidate for the coaching gig once Shaka is canned?

Shaka teams can beat anyone when they shoot well.  The problem is they are typically poor shooting teams.  

I didn’t watch, but I’m guessing we shot well tonight? 

4 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Shaka teams can beat anyone when they shoot well.  The problem is they are typically poor shooting teams.  

15-32 from 3. Pretty freaking good.

4 hours ago, 83Dee said:

It wasn't on TV so I wasn't able to watch it. Hoping to catch the replay on the LHN.

It basically same down to Hepa hitting open 3's. They left Hepa open a number of times, challenging him to hit the 3. Tonight he did, so cheers to the young man for rising to the moment.

Not looking forward to Saturday, though. We're going to get smoked.

8 hours ago, longhorn_mig said:

It basically same down to Hepa hitting open 3's. They left Hepa open a number of times, challenging him to hit the 3. Tonight he did, so cheers to the young man for rising to the moment.

Not looking forward to Saturday, though. We're going to get smoked.

Baker on the other hand missed all of his 3s as usual.  Go get some rebounds and block some shots...