Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Article on SEC Parity

Lord Vader

SEC is always credited for having the best defenses in the league and that makes them the best conference. Way I see it is the big 12 has so many dynamic offense from top to bottom that its hard for teams to keep up and a baylor can knock a oklahoma any giving saturday. My argument is if a sec team had to face a big 12 offense every wk it they wouldnt be so dominate. My loint has been proving with a&m and auburn w/ cam newton. Those offenses.are rare in sec but big 12 has those types of offenses from top to bottom. Excluding kansas.

• Administrators

I will agree with this completely. The hypothetical Big 12 vs. SEC team matchups last year have been out there but SEC teams play shitty non-conference schedules. For the love of God, check the schedules. LSU played Towson last season and they pay Furman U this season. This is just one example but for the love of all that is holy, can you please tell me what in the hell they are doing playing Div II schools every year? Also I will tell you what - the SEC scheduling is in a freaking pickle. They talk about playing a solid 9 game conference schedule every year. Pair that with the "must have schedules" for some teams that feel they must maintain the rivalry games every year... Some SEC teams would only face teams every 10 years or so. PLAYING IN THE SAME DAMN CONFERENCE!

I will agree with this completely. The hypothetical Big 12 vs. SEC team matchups last year have been out there but SEC teams play shitty non-conference schedules. For the love of God, check the schedules. LSU played Towson last season and they pay Furman U this season. This is just one example but for the love of all that is holy, can you please tell me what in the hell they are doing playing Div II schools every year? Also I will tell you what - the SEC scheduling is in a freaking pickle. They talk about playing a solid 9 game conference schedule every year. Pair that with the "must have schedules" for some teams that feel they must maintain the rivalry games every year... Some SEC teams would only face teams every 10 years or so. PLAYING IN THE SAME DAMN CONFERENCE!

and..remember in the rare instance they do play on the road, it's always a neutral field and they bring SEC officials..

Take a look at A&M's schedule this season. The ONLY tough road game they have is LSU. ALL others are at home.

First thing teams do, when entering SEC country, is drop all away games. Even if you have to play DivII teams, it won't matter. National Press has their back.