Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****TEXAS vs. KANSAS STATE GAME THREAD*****

The Longhorns (10-4, 0-2) are back on the hardwood tonight as they host the Kansas State Wildcats (7-7, 0-2). Texas is in desperate need of a conference win after dropping their first two contests to Baylor and Oklahoma.  Kansas State has had their share of struggles this season, losing Big 12 openers to Oklahoma and TCU. The Wildcats opened the season winning four straight, but have lost 7 of their last 10 games.

These two teams have historically played each other close, with five of the last eight meetings between them being decided by three points or less. As a program, Texas sits with 1,799 wins. A victory tonight would give them 1800 wins making them just the 18th program to reach that milestone.

txksu.png

What: Texas Longhorns (10-4, 0-2 Big 12) vs. Kansas State Wildcats (7-7, 0-2 Big 12)
When: Saturday, January 11, 2020
Time:  7:00 PM CST
Venue: Frank Erwin Center
Television: LHN
The Line: Texas-5

Last Meeting Between the Two Teams: Kansas State defeated Texas 71-664 (February 12, 2019, Austin, TX)
All-Time Series Record: Kansas State leads Texas 22-16

Just now, longhorn_mig said:

Amazing what happens when the team shoots over 40% from 3.

K State is probably the worst team in the Big 12. Don't get your hopes up because of this win.

Oh, I know they’re garbage. Shows how bad they are that we beat them by 14. Also, expecting to shoot anywhere close to that percentage on a regular basis is downright insane, but I fully expect us to continue to launch 3’s thinking we can.

Sigh...

I didn’t watch.   But here is my evaluation of Shaka’s teams since has been at Texas:

1.  He recruits great athletes.   Seldom does another team have better athletes than us.  
2.  These athletes cannot necessarily shoot.  
3.  When Texas shoots well they can play with or beat anybody in the country.   But this is the exception not the rule.  

in short, Shaka recruits like it’s the 80s but he does run the offense of today - which is ALL about shooting 3s.  When we aren’t hitting 3s there is no plan B.